It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden and Ed Force One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While POTUS currently rides around in VC-25 or Air Force One, an old -200 model of the 747, Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame, on the other hand gets to ride around and personally fly in Ed Force One, an ex Air France Boeing 747-400. Bruce is a certified 747 pilot, Chairman of Cardiff Aviation and happens to be the lead singer of Iron Maiden too. He and the Iron Maiden tour have converted this jet into a global tour bus for their latest Book of Souls world tour. This has to be one of the coolest tail art on any jet outside the military.

Hey, I've got the same hat as Bruce. Lol.

Here's the story of Ed Force One when it crashed into a tug in Chile:

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 18-5-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Bruce has always been and will always be a showoff.
Thats what makes him great.

I think they continue to tour just to have an excuse to hang out in the airplane.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It's a whole lot easier joining the mile high club when you have your own plane.

They asked me not to fly US Air ever again.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is how to be a rock star to the extreme!

I saw Iron Maiden a couple of years ago at an outdoor event I was working at and Before they played Bruce and his mates performed a WW2 dog fight re enactment for the crowd.

Not many rock stars would do that.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I recently (re)watched Flight 666 and think it is so cool that they can pack the jet full of necessary equipment and people while trucks haul all the other material (Ed, pyro, speakers, etc). People line up at the airport to watch the arrival! Bruce pops his head out and waves to the fans and they go crazy!

How cool is that? Great post! S + F

Up the Irons!! (throws horns and snaps head)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
All hail Eddie!!! S&F

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
also love the fact that bruce was at one time ranked as one of england's top ten fencers! back in the early 90's iron maiden was in concert here in the bay area. back then, we once had a large renaissance faire in novato, ca. that was happening at the same time. bruce heard about it, hopped on over before his concert, got into costume and gave a sword fighting demonstration!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
And all Travolta has is a 707.

lol.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
maybe he will be lucky enough to not have a no more airplanes tour and not have to ride around in a old greyhound.

edit on 18-5-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join