It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump. What he stands for. To me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:49 AM
Maybe i'm opening a can of worms for myself here.
I'm in the UK. English. And the Trump debates mean very little here. Unless he becomes POTUS.
I have watched and read a lot about this man.
He's definitely not like any other politician.
Some of his comments are enough to make my skin crawl.
Although. In fairness. We only hear chosen bits of his speeches. Anti Trump propaganda.
For me. He represents freedom of speech. Something that is being stripped from us more every day.
I don't agree with some of his comments. But, i defend the right to say it/them.
He is a hot topic of conversation over here too.
My friends and i have often discuss him.
He's not actually so unpopular over here as you might expect.
It seems like our pissy assed politicians and future Muslim PM are scared of him.
Or. Scared of what would become of them if he ever does become POTUS.
Our government here and, from what i can see in the US also are made up of parasitic intestinal tapeworms.
They need to be got rid of.
As far as i can see. Trump is the only person who could expose and end the sh1t in which these tapeworms thrive.
I can't understand some of the ats members. I thought this place was a place to find truth. Expose the lies. and, deny ignorance. Yet. Some of you seem to want to carry on as is.
Trump is the only person who can make any sort of change. IMO.
So. Do you really want change? Or, are you happy to carry on as normal? Coming on here every day whinging about this and that.
I don't believe he will become POTUS however. He's not one of them.
That's my opinion. Other opinions are welcome.
Long live freedom of speech.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
a reply to: blackcrowe

You are not alone in your assessment.

Is Trump perfect? Heck no! Many rough edges. No guarantee with him whatsoever. There is hope however. We see next to none with the others.

What is missed is the P.C. crowd, I'd guess in your gov't as well. There is more support for Trump that meets the eye. Low profile types that want that change but are prudent in not exposing themselves to ridicule or attack.

As far as ATS members go, it's a representative cross-section. Many have great expertise with computers and keyboards, less so in life and what actually works in the real world. Not unlike the U.K..

Trump potential failings are 'trumped' by desperation, frankly. The change needs to occur NOW. Perhaps he doesn't win the Presidency yet he has been and is the catalyst for change. The Republican party will never be the same, if it even survives a Trump loss and likely a Third Party will result for the next election cycle.

In that alone, Trump has my gratitude.

Stay tuned. Interesting times ahead.

Thanks for understanding and weighing in......

edit on 18-5-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:31 AM

He's definitely not like any other politician AND he represents freedom of speech. Great points and i agree.He is not perfect, no human is. I'm also a non yank,and find it difficult to accept the BLUNT and sometimes OFFENSIVE comment's and attitude's of the yanks,even going back to the war in Vietnam in which i fought. I hope TRUMP reign's supreme and starts to "Kick Ars*" of all the "dead wood elite" in America and around the world.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:41 AM
Trump is a spoiled child wearing grown-up shoes. He has the professional qualities of someone who might be able to handle the responsibilities of being POTUS, but his personality, ego and everything else that makes him, him discredits his abilities.

The man doesn't even know how to spell 'humble'

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:50 AM
Thanks nwtrucker and tommo39.
I was expecting to be bombarded with hate. lol.
Seems to me that the whole world is in a divide and conquer situation atm.
It does need to stop. NOW.
It is our present governments who are perpetuating the whole situation. But. They've feathered their dirty nests along the way, and think money/status protects them.
We need change.
I'm not even saying i like Trump. But, he's all we have atm.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:53 AM
a reply to: GreenGunther

He's all that too.
But. Where are we going with the present systems?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:10 AM
I personally don't like Trump. I can load this post with plenty of adjectives describing why but I am sure many who read this have heard them all before.

What I do like is that the establishment in media and politics are pulling all stops to try and stop Trump. I feel their desparation and to me it is a wonderful thing. The status quo has led us where we are today so screw them.

So it is my hope that Trump will expose enough to piss people off enough to actually get more involved in the process. I don't care if he brings us back a few steps.

In the words of Howard Beales in that '70s movie "Network", "First you have to get mad..." and I believe that there are just too many of us US Citizens that just simply do not care. I am hoping that Trump makes a fair bit of them get pissed off enough to care.

Hillary would just make people continue on not caring.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Terminal1 because: Typoes galore

edit on 18-5-2016 by Terminal1 because: Again with the typoes

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:28 AM

Trump has managed to piss off all the status quo parasites in both parties ... They all have a vested interest in keeping things progressing to a government controlled nirvana that in actuality only exist in their minds, certainly not in reality.

Many of the negative things we read about him are like the N.Y. Times article that came out last week; which was mostly all made up B.S. according to the women who were supposedly quoted.

I expect things to really heat up as the vested interest start to worry about losing their government supplied lollypops and free tickets to the promised land.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:34 AM
Here is what you need to understand:

As a citizen of the USA, I am watching and waiting. If the man's words change while it is a 2 person race, then it will confirm what I suspect, and that is he was saying things to get peoples attentions and to get free press. That means the insults, the very crude way of speaking was to get to that point and now he is working on being president. Many people are nervous, not cause of what the man has or has not done, but his words, are insulting, and I think some were ill choosen on his part. However, if he continues on with that way of speaking, the direct insults, to the point where it is alienating more and more of the population of the USA, then it could be a very big problem.

Personally I think that the entire election is a disgrace, this is not showing us the best and brightest when it comes to the republican party, but that with one would see in a school yard between adolescent boys.

But if anything, you should be worried about, is if the republican party continues on its path, for they are as crazy and ever determined to use more force, getting and starting more wars than should and ultimately creating more and more messes around the world than should, that would draw countries like Great Britain and the EU into that should never have been.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:36 AM
The only thing that I can be sure of about Trump is that all the right people seem to hate him. The establishment, media and every lying sack of *hi*, sold out politician in the country. They seem scared to death he might win. For that, I hope Trump wins and uses the DOJ for what it was meant for. Heck, we can't be much worse off anyway.
edit on 18-5-2016 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM

everything else that makes him, him discredits his abilities. The man doesn't even know how to spell 'humble'
And you cannot put a sentence together, sorry but i prefer "Humble"....

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM

Are you a billionaire?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:14 AM
Hey , I thought England won their independence from the US in the Revolutionary War

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
I have been called a bigot, because my support of Trump. I'm sorry it appears that way to some, but the fact is, I've been pointing out the hypocrisy of his haters and I think that just pisses them off to the name calling point.
The only reason I do like him is, he's stirring the pot. He's not the "good 'ol boy" favorite, both sides are terrified of him and he's been calling them out. The Establishment is not afraid of Hilary or Sanders and there's an easy way to tell : How many hit pieces have you seen on either? How many news papers have 20 reporters digging for dirt on them? How much of the MSM has devoted hours upon hours of air time to stop them? Is their own party trying to deny them the election and insert their "own man" by any means possible? Someone who they know they can control?
Sanders has a pipe dream that will only drive this country further in debt and has not possibility of working. Hillary has proven time and time again, she can not be trusted with power. She has and will continue to use it to her own benefit, over what's best for the country.
Hate me if you want. Call names if you want. I am past the point of giving a sh** about the opinion of some stranger on the internet.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:35 AM
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I understand.
I hope he doesn't do a 180 just to fit in when it matters. I don't think he will.
Of course, insults are not right. But, you'll never please all the people all the time. He could definitely be more tactful.
The election has been like disneywood. It is a joke. Surely those amounts of money would be better being used for health, education, job creation etc.
Unfortunately. As it is now. War and arms sales is big revenue. And, the present governments are more than happy to run them for as long as they can.

edit on 18-5-2016 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:38 AM
a reply to: craterman

I think it would be a lot different. At first, i think we'd all be worse off as he pulls the curtain down and exposes everything you want to know.
Then it should get better.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:41 AM
a reply to: Gothmog

You really believe that?
Your President says jump. Our PM asks how high.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:48 AM
a reply to: DAVID64

I think a lot are getting pissed off. And stopping giving a sh1t.
Keep up your support.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:51 AM
a reply to: Terminal1

As for Hillary.
She just wants to swing her c-ck around the White House like her husband did.
In all honesty. She looks ill. Maybe she won't make it that far.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:54 AM
Most people just frame what Donald Trump is to them from the liberal main stream media reports. Or what their liberal friends tell them. Same with Bernie and Hillary supporters. Liberals get all up in arms over things Trump did 20 years ago but if you try to talk about something Bernie/Hillary did in the last three years they start a riot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>