It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Obama, Illegal Immigrants Receive More In Welfare Payments Than American Citizens Do

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Strange indeed, and kind of creepy. Spending sums like that by these governments could only mean the volumes of immigrants are very important to them. I can only guess its all about economics and below replacement level birth rates in the Western countries.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

As an aussie, unfortunately we both have close to the same system of welfare. The poor get richer, and the so called rich get poorer....and the migrants win hands down. SHAME the western culture has stooped so low...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
THIS source was also posted in the thread, i suppose it's no good either......

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Odd how people are attacking your source OP, yet from your source it IS CLEARLY linked to Center for Immigration Studies?

Oh well good luck criticizing one of the "Sacred Cows" of the Left!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

And that link points to immigration, NOT illegal immigration.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can't comment on the OP's source, but illegal immigrants take up an inordinate amount of resources. Anyone who is honest about the topic knows this to be true. In many areas schools, jails, hospitals, etc are bursting at the seams with illegals.

No one who is against illegal immigration is against legal immigration. Immigration needs to be orderly and take into account its affect on current citizens.

I find it ironic that those who support open borders are often the ones who are hurt the most by it with depressed wages.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
One should also note that the poverty rate is significantly higher among (legal) immigrants than non-immigrants.

**This would also logically imply that poverty rates among illegal immigrants are also higher, even though, as has been noted in this thread, the legal children of illegal immigrants are eligible for, and therefore receive, government assistance in said households.

ETA:

One should also note that illegal immigrants pay more into the system than they receive.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Who gives a # anyway ?

The horse as already bolted , wait till they are voting and kicking you out of your own country.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As far as i'm aware there's no way for illegals to get welfare payments, because to get welfare payments you need a social security number. They also can't vote, or get a tax return.

Just a website trying to get hits by posting a misleading article that like-minded individuals will point to and go "SEE!"

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Was the thread title the article title, or was the error yours? It's quite obvious from the quoted text that's not what the "massaged statistics" of the article are about. The numbers portrayed show that there is a higher percentage of IMMIGRANTS, both legal and illegal, whose households receive some form of welfare, resulting in higher average welfare spending per immigrant household, compared to non-immigrant households. It was probably like this under Bush Jr, Bill Clinton, and Bush Sr as well.

Iillegal immigrants receive a grand total of zero dollars and zero cents EVERY YEAR in welfare payments and food stamps. That's enough to purchase, nationwide, upwards of zero cans of beans, putting a tax burden of just under $0.01 per 300+ million American citizens. Illegal aliens can receive emergency medical care and schooling. Illegal aliens and the companies who employ them do pay billions ($13B in 2013) of dollars in Social Security every year, even though they will never qualify to receive social security payments.

This post and the article are promoting purposely misleading misrepresentations of the facts, with an obvious agenda. It's not the numbers which aren't true, it's the misleading and nonsensical way in which they're used which is the problem. There is a valid point to be made, with valid concerns regarding the costs of immigration, but instead of doing so, the effort is wasted on propaganda and misrepresentations. We should be analyzing the costs and benefits of immigration and possibly adjusting our requirements, limitations, etc. Instead, here we are, attempting to perpetuate the blatantly false myth of illegal immigrants receiving food stamps and welfare payments, and pretending that the imagined injustice of this system is an Obama issue - meant to harm US citizens to the benefit of illegal immigrants.

Absolutely ridiculous. I started typing this first thing in the morning, but didn't get around to finishing until now. I hope it's eitehr been moved to the Ludicrous Online Lies forum, or at least thoroughly ridiculed by the membership by now. My fear is that people (even ATS members normally skilled at debunking complete and total BS) might believe this and help to spread the ignorance. Please, ATS members, don't fall for it!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Odd how people are attacking your source OP, yet from your source it IS CLEARLY linked to Center for Immigration Studies?

Oh well good luck criticizing one of the "Sacred Cows" of the Left!

How is a far-right non-profit a "Sacred Cow" of the Left? One of us is confused, pretty sure it's not me. Wiki

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) is a conservative[2] non-profit research organization that advocates immigration reduction in the United States.[3] It was started as a spin-off from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) in 1985.[4] The CIS's self-described mission is to "provid[e] immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States.

Why not just admit this data is being portrayed as something it's really not, and that illegal immigrants can't receive welfare payments or food stamps, instead of attempting to defend lies and disinformation? I mean, the evidence is all around us, and anyone who hasn't realized by now this is an attempt to dupe is taking part in a disinformation campaign. I'm not saying as a "paid shill" or anything like that. This is how disinformation campaigns become successful - people FREELY and WILLINGLY spread the lies in an attempt to dupe others who aren't paying enough attention to spot the dishonesty/spin. Sometimes it's done knowingly, other times out of simple ignorance. Anyone who has made it through the first page of this thread and hasn't realized the error is WILLINGLY attempting to get others to believe lies.

Sickening.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

So you openly admit that if something isn't done now, Americans as we know them will be borderline extinct in 150 years?

After all, you are comparing the current invasion of America to the colonization of the "new world", so I assume you have taken that to it inevitable conclusion as well.

Or was the "native America" thing a silly emotional attack. Sort of a we were here first, nah na hah na boo boo, type thing?

What does that even mean, "Americans as we know them...?" Do you mean the myriad of nations from all over the world where Americans immigrated from? Why would we become extinct by continuing a process which has existed throughout our entire history? What do you think we should do differently compared to what we've always done, and how will that preserve "Americans as we know them?" Do you simply wish to preserve the current ethnic mix as some sort of ideal?

"Americans as we know them" have changed in terms of the ethnic makeup of the population since our very inception.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The wall on Mexico's southern border seems to be workING

We need reform, no more laws aND a secure border so people with bad intentions don't get in and becoming a citizen easier and more useful for the good ones to assimilate.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

To be honest I find this exceptionally amusing when it comes from the USA where absolutely everyone except an Indian is an immigrant or descendant of a recent immigrant.

Same in the UK where absolutely everyone except a Pre-Celtic Aborigine is an immigrant or descendant of a recent immigrant.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Illegal immigrants rarely file taxes or apply for welfare, afraid they will be discovered and deported..

They usually (assuming it's not a cash paid job) pay taxes, cause companies auto deduct, but then never file a return.. So never get a refund.

Look at your source....

Theendisnear.com...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Complete b.s. many of them come.in with fake identities

Have you ever been to a health clinic or food stamp office in California?

You would realize how wrong that statement is if so.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Illegal immigrants rarely file taxes or apply for welfare, afraid they will be discovered and deported..

They usually (assuming it's not a cash paid job) pay taxes, cause companies auto deduct, but then never file a return.. So never get a refund.

Look at your source....

Theendisnear.com...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have you ever been to a health clinic or food stamp office in California?

You would realize how wrong that statement is if so.

Not saying you're wrong (because it *does* happen), but..

Do you have evidence, or proof that it happens on a large scale (and not just a *few*)?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And with those fake ids they fill out their w-4s and have state and federal income taxes withdrawn from their paychecks.

As well as buy houses, cars, and other goods for which they pay local and state property and sales tax.
edit on 18-5-2016 by quercusrex because: spelling, syntax

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Go to a good stamp or welfare office anywhere in a border state

I know you guys can read all the propaganda you want but if you literally go yourself and see with your own eyes like anyone who really wants to know the truth does it's very obvious what's happening.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

I wonder what the penalty would if I got caught with a false identity and if you'd be so fast to defend me?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Not at all defending them, just denying ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join