It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Sparx is no longer with us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sparky, KayEm's hamster (who I know as 'Old Sparx'), was not as active yesterday as normal and spent most of the day and evening sleeping. This was unusual since he usually ran around his wheel like a dervish.

At about 11pm last night, KayEm checked on him to find that he had died a little time beforehand. Needless to say she was extremely upset. I also shed some tears for Sparx before taking him outside and burying him beside the tree in the nicest part of the garden.

As you may know, I wrote of him last year in the thread called The miraculous reappearance of Sparky. In it, I explained how, in 2003 when KayEm was in the UK for our wedding, Sparx escaped and disappeared. Over a year later, late one night while KayEm and myself were going for a walk I saw a hamster wandering down the road - It was Old Sparx himself.

He was a local celebrity for a while, appearing in the newspaper, firstly because of his reappearance (which was nothing less than miraculous) and secondly because of his age (most hamsters don't live that long). And of course he was immortalised in Pisky's ATS Story.

We were grateful to have him with us for another six months, in which time he regained the weight he had lost while in the wilds and had become once again the high speed escapologist he had always been.

I raise a glass of 'Best Pixyland' to the shade of Old Sparx.

A most amazing hamster.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Its always hard when you lose a pet, I'm sorry to hear this. He was a very cute little critter.

Let's hear it then for the spirit and memory of Old Sparx .

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
(bows head in a moment of silence in remeberance of Old Sparx*

*sobs*

He was a good hamster

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just today I realized that this thread was here. I was just thinking of Old Sparx today actually, because I was holding my guinea pig and thinking back on how I came to choose him. I first read it about a month ago when you put a link in my thread.

The best of wishes to Old Sparx, and I'm sure he is now off to a much more wonderful place.

*Bows head for a moment in silence*

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So sad to hear about the loss of Old Sparx. I understand exactly what you're going through, as you know, I have had the pleasure of having the company of several of our little furry friends. I've got three beautiful spots in my garden where I layed mine to rest, , and when I spend time outside in the summer , they often spring to mind, tom, ginger, silver, and not forgetting poor unfortunate sybil, and my first hamster candy who are at rest in my mums garden.
Our pets can give so much enjoyment for the short time that they are around, and I'm glad that you and KayEm got to have that last chance to enjoy sparky in the 6 months since his reapperance.

top topics

join