It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps new fundraising deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Can't believe I'm adding to the Trump spam, but I am.

A few hours ago Trump signed a new fundraising deal with the RNC for two fundraising groups. One raises funds for the party to use on Congress and his campaign, while the other is for just his campaign.

This deal contains a new all time high fundraiser limit of $449,000. The max donation has tripled from the $150,000 it was raised to when Romney ran in 2012.

www.foxnews.com...
www.newsmax.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.chicagotribune.com...

Edit: Removed the poor math quoted from the newsmax article.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Can't believe I'm adding to the Trump spam, but I am.

A few hours ago Trump signed a new fundraising deal with the RNC for two fundraising groups. One raises funds for the party to use on Congress and his campaign, while the other is for just his campaign.

This deal contains a new all time high fundraiser limit of $449,500. At this limit it will require a mere 22 donors, consisting of a few billionaires and multinational corporations in order to meet the $1 billion he needs to compete in the general, or an entire 30 donors if he goes up to $1.5 billion. The max donation has tripled from the $150,000 it was raised to when Romney ran in 2012.

www.foxnews.com...
www.newsmax.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.chicagotribune.com...

not sure the math is correct.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
dp

edit on 5 18 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
not sure the math is correct.

You seem to be right, I quoted it out of one of the linked articles and didn't think about it. 22 people at $500k each is only 11 million though.

Rereading it though
"This means with as few as 22 billionaire-type donors maxing out at the $449,000 limit to that joint fund, Trump can get to … the ante for the general election, $1 billion to $1.5 billion. It's a huge deal."

It's just deceptive journalism, those darn ellipses.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Congrats Trump just got bought out and now joins the establishment.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
His run isn't about "Making America Great Again". It's about someone who already has it all and nothing left to prove other than becoming a world leader. Scary times.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
his campaign isnt a power trip. its not about being a world leader. Mr Trump has been given so much by this country and its people. Anyone who knows the man personally will tell you as such. My Carl paladino was his campaign manager here in ny. He was often seen on tv with mr trump. As per a conversation he had with donald... donald feels as if he owes this country a great debt for his wealth and lifestyle. he doesnt have to run for president. he could sit back, let his kids run his business, and retire. instead hes getting 4 hours of sleep a night, campaigning his ass off, and trying to surround himself with the best politicians so he can make this country great again.

he is in this for the american people. to give the people afraid to talk about trannies, and illegals, and muslims, and the real problems that are going on in this country. he isnt spreading hate, hes speaking his mind, which has appealed to many voters in this country, because they are mad as hell at what our govt is doing.
lying, cheating, manipulation, ramming crap down our throats.

this is about america first. not bringing in refugees when we have homeless kids. this is about illegals getting 17k in benefits while our senior citizens struggle with the 12 grand they get on ssi. this is about jobs coming back, and taxing everyone else that taxes us.

he may not have the answers, but his heart is in this for us. not for his own gain. he has lots to lose, but not much to gain but a voice for the people.

new topics

top topics

join