It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims income of over $557 million in 2015, slams Sanders in FEC filing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Hopefully I'lll be dead by then.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
yet wont release his Tax returns?

Odd

The man has repeatedly said that he will release his Tax returns as soon as the IRS audit that is underway is completed.

Not so odd at all...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

edit on 5182016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I like your optimism, but the millennials have proven they are too lazy to get out and vote. They like to sit at their parents house next to their interpretive dance liberal arts degree on the wall and make memes all day.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
www.thedailysheeple.com...

And this is relevant to the OP in what way?

A golf foursome with three other politicians means what in relation to his reported income of $557 million in 2015?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The IRS has said there's nothing about an audit that stops him from disclosing his own tax return. But okay give him that lame excuse.
What about releasing another year that's not under audit?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Roger Daltry face of a beautiful boy. Voice of a very large man.
Where would CSI be without them?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

PS Nixon released his while under audit.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It's just another picture of them together. Goes to an individual post more than the OP true.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Is this satire? It should be.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The IRS has said there's nothing about an audit that stops him from disclosing his own tax return. But okay give him that lame excuse.
What about releasing another year that's not under audit?

While the IRS may say that they he is free to release his Tax Return, as far as they are concerned, it is inadvisable for the following reasons:

1) Given that the current Return is being audited, releasing it as filed would be improper, as it is still subject to change.
2) Due to the complexity of Mr. Trump's return, and that it is under audit, there are likely (or at the very least may be) legal/tax regulation issues being debated between the IRS and Trump's lawyers. While those matters are still being discussed/negotiated, Trump's lawyers would strongly oppose him releasing this information...which, if released, might complicate their confidential legal efforts on his behalf.
3) Again due to the complexity of Trump's affairs, the fact that he is being audited, and the fact that his prior year returns will almost certainly contain matters that can be carried forward or backward for tax purposes...he cannot release either the current year, or previous years that have current-year links, while it/they are in possible dispute with the IRS.

Trump is not required by law to release his Tax Returns to run for President...he has complied with all of the legal disclosure requirements. The pressure to release them comes from the Democrats, and the Media, who just want to see if there is any "dirt" in there for them to use against him (as they did to Romney during the last cycle).

All in all, it would be both improper and unwise to release his Tax Returns at this time.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

PS Nixon released his while under audit.

PPS...Nixon was not the brightest bulb to have ever occupied the Oval Office, and ended up getting run out of town as a direct result poor judgement calls.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

It was a wedding, his wedding. A Billionaire in New York, who invited the sitting SENATOR....of New York....Hillary Clinton. That means he was an 'insider'? Do you know how many guests were at his wedding?

Yes, that literally means that he's an insider. If you can invite the former President of the freaking United States of America and his wife, a sitting US Senator, to your wedding and they attend then you are by definition, an insider.

I would love to know what other politicians were in attendance at his wedding honestly. Do you have a list? I'm sure his own personal lobbyist/political henchman Roger Stone was there. I'd bet that Chris Christie and his wife were there as well. They've been friends for about a dozen years and by then (they have regular double dates according to Trump) had been the US Attorney from NJ for three years by the date of Trump's wedding, a position that he was appointed to by Bush 43 who he of course campaigned for.

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yeah, imagine that. I think they call it schmoozing. It was very popular in certain circles.

Yes, it's very popular in certain circles alright, like the very exclusive ones that the Clintons and Trumps move in.

Does this mean you're agreeing that calling him an "outsider" is ridiculous?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Here's how I see this playing out:

Trump supporters: Trump is a great success, Hillary Clinton is part of the evil 1%.

Hillary Clinton supporters: Hillary Clinton is a great success, Trump is part of the evil 1%.

They are both part of the 1%.
They are both mean.

The difference is that one of them is bought and paid for by Wall Street, Big Banking, and even our enemies.

Occupy Wall Street tried hard. Sanders supporters tried to.

Please....

My theory is someone like Sanders will be the US president in the future. Why?

Eventually the "Millennial Culture" will be predominant in the USA. That's my prediction.

Feeling a little butthurt?
Sadly, I think you're right at some point though, and I really wonder what kind of havoc would come from that.

Then again, most of the millennials I know don't even have their drivers licenses, let alone a voter ID. Not exactly the most motivated group to get up before noon, out of mom's basement, and hit a friend up for a ride...(because they lost the mail in form weeks ago). Now granted, my experience with millennials may differ from yours....

I'm all for change, but it has to be managed, and the items in Sanders' plan would mean massive tax increases for everyone (not just the rich...two of the five of his plans are across the board taxes, whereas 1 of the remaining 3 will impact all but the poorest). Even optimistic economists predicted it costing the average middle income person paying about $2000 more a year, most put it at more than $4000. I don't know about you, but I can't take that kind of pay cut easily.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thinline

Totally. He's a complete outsider. Nothing at all like those Clintons!

I keep seeing that photo over and over again.

It was a wedding, his wedding. A Billionaire in New York, who invited the sitting SENATOR....of New York....Hillary Clinton.

That means he was an 'insider'? Do you know how many guests were at his wedding?

Is that your "damning evidence" of something? LOL

If you are not an insider guess who does not come to your wedding? A sitting Senator of New York and a former President. Also at this "not an insiders" wedding Prince Charles of Britain, Prince Albert of Monaco, Oprah Winfrey, Luciano Pavarotti, Clint Eastwood, Alfonse D'Amato, Usher, Elton John, David Letterman, Russell Simmons, Vic Damone, Sean Combs, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shaquille O'Neal, Derek Jeter, Joe Torre, Muhammad Ali, Rudy Giuliani, Billy Joel, Katie Couric, George Pataki, Chris Christie etc.

Celebrities, the rich, politicians and royalty. That is about as inside as you can get.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thinline

Totally. He's a complete outsider. Nothing at all like those Clintons!

I keep seeing that photo over and over again.

It was a wedding, his wedding. A Billionaire in New York, who invited the sitting SENATOR....of New York....Hillary Clinton.

That means he was an 'insider'? Do you know how many guests were at his wedding?

Is that your "damning evidence" of something? LOL

If you are not an insider guess who does not come to your wedding? A sitting Senator of New York and a former President. Also at this "not an insiders" wedding Prince Charles of Britain, Prince Albert of Monaco, Oprah Winfrey, Luciano Pavarotti, Clint Eastwood, Alfonse D'Amato, Usher, Elton John, David Letterman, Russell Simmons, Vic Damone, Sean Combs, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shaquille O'Neal, Derek Jeter, Joe Torre, Muhammad Ali, Rudy Giuliani, Billy Joel, Katie Couric, George Pataki, Chris Christie etc.

Celebrities, the rich, politicians and royalty. That is about as inside as you can get.

Huh????

The term "Insider" comes for the term "WASHINGTON INSIDER"...not someone who knows or shmoozes with other FAMOUS people.

If that were the case, then the POPE is an 'insider', hell, even KIm Kardashian would be considered an "insider' based on your criteria.

Hysterical.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
This shows that if anyone can relate to the average American, its trump. And he is going to look after the country's best interest, not capitalistic opportunities. Besides, trump's circle, judging by his income is just like you and i.

This is just over the top sarcasm, right??? It has to be. Nobody could be this wrong and be a functional human being. You wouldn't live long enough. So I'm assuming you're joking with what you wrote until otherwise noted. I hope so too based on the amount of stars you got for it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
yet wont release his Tax returns?

Odd

I have a feeling you and others talking about Trump's tax returns are being played. I suspect he will release them when the heat gets dialled up to the maximum and they will be fine... Clinton and her campaign will make a big thing of it, wasting a lot of effort, and he will just stick a pin in it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Sanders is anti capitalist and we don't like that here in America

Only the younger generations who are getting shafted by bad trade deals and a scrappy job market want this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join