It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Men Only!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow good detail. Thank you! How is the twin?

I'm using a five blade one, but I really don't see the great advantage for the multiplicity of blades. My experience has been that one blade, used well, can give a really comfortable close shave.

I only went multi blade because it looked like the best one with a trimmer at the supermarket at the time.

I really like a proper "old-style" barber shave with the hot towels and cutthroat razor, but who has the time for it these days.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I shave maybe once or twice every 3-6 months and use the same razor they sent me like 8 years ago for my 18th birthday.

Maybe they thought they'd get a customer for life?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

LOL, thank you! I might try the ladies brand!

Good then! It has three blades, and aloe for smoothness and moisture. (Or something -- I think it's aloe).

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I usually buy the disposables, they are actually cheaper than the replacement blades and if your skin isn't overly sensitive a pack of 6 lasts 6 months for around $10-12

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Lol should I edit the tittle? Since your here what do you shave with?

No no, I was just swinging by since it was you. I actually use a Quattro for women. But I'm tired of buying the refills, as I find them over priced.

Carry on and pretend I was never here.

: )

Micro aggression!

Anyway I shave with my butterfly knife.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I shave dry with whatever is cheap.

It helps the I have a genetic trait that doesn't promote hair on my face.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Is this you friend?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I had made the conversion to a straight razor years ago. I found, when properly prepared, it is much better for your skin, and does provide a better and closer shave than any multi-blade razor. However, it is time consuming to keep it properly stropped, and lubricated. If you do go with a straight razor, do not go for a cheap stainless steel. Stainless steel cannot be properly re-sharpened as well. Regular steel is best, if kept stropped, clean and dry. It also requires a LOT of intense concentration, and a slow steady hand.

If you don't have the time or patience for that, go with a single blade old time "safety razor". It gives just as good a shave as the straight razor, and it easier and safer (imagine that, accuracy in marketing of a product) to use. As for blades, I purchased a lot of 100 new, wrapped and sealed blades for only $10.00. That is a whopping 10 cents a blade. And, they last for a dozen shaves if your skin is properly prepped.

This leads to prepping your skin. Modern shaving cream, IMO, simply sucks. It is intentionally injected with electrons to make your hairs stand up and "repel" each other. The idea is it will give you a better shave But the additives used to make this happen are worse for sensitive skin than alcohol. I use a shaving soap, with a nice bristle brush.

I have very sensitive skin to shaving. So, this is my shaving regimen:

• Warm the brush and shaving soap container in hot water
  • Add a few drops of raw aloe juice/oil to container, and the water from the brush itself only (too much water is bad too)
  • Briskly mix the warm soap and aloe with the brush until the foam has tiny bubbles (not large ones)
  • Warm up face with wet hot towel/face cloth for a minute or so (to open the pores)
  • Brush warm lather on skin
  • Let lather sit on skin for a few minutes (this is important to allow the skin to get conditioned and ready)
  • Shave with slow steady strokes in a downward motion
  • Once done, re-lather skin again
  • Repeat the slow shaving in the opposite (up) direction
  • Cover skin with a cold wet towel/face cloth (to close the pores)
  • Pat dry and apply more aloe to skin

This close and smooth shave will not only save your skin, but also last 3-4 days without need to shave again (saving your skin even more trauma).

edit on 5/17/2016 by Krakatoa because: Added clarificaiton on the amount of water to use in the later process

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I like to live dangerously.

I shave my face with a Remington.

My other area with a lighter... usually Bic. No nicks, but careful not to singe!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nice post! Thank you! I do have sensitive skin like you and will try your method.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor
Ouch does that hurt?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Dog clippers once a month.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Oh Dear!!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Looky here! Men!

On ATS, the quickest way to get guys on a thread is to title it "For women only". lol.

LoL, I'm here too! I bet a ton of women are lurking. I'm learning some great tips to care for razors FOR MY LEGS THANKYOUVERYMUCH.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Thank you for stoping in. So what do you shave with?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Men only,ha! I have been shaving my legs and armpits for about 50 years now.
In the past few years I have had to start shaving the upper lip!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You shave your lip? What do you use?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

That is why I wrote my post only referring to "skin" and not face. I figured some ladies could take advantage of that too. I hope it helped you (and any other ladies reading this from the shadows).

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You have one?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I trim up with the bones of dead cobras then get the ultra smooth going on using an old stone grinding wheel, thats how you get the mrs. badgers to pay more attention to you =P

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join