It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, 'Superstitious Belief'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
And you keep saying WE like it's cult collective. What's with that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Are you saying you're against creepy looking freaks being allowed into Women's bathroom?

Thank you for coming to sense! Yes! Liberals don't want that! It is the far right people who are trying to convince you of that!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So tell me, what precisely in your mind Do they want?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I had found an article the other day trying to further my understanding of gender being in the brain and found one from 2009 in, Scientific American. I think the article may explain why some feel more feminine or masculine and it has to do with the subdivision of the brain known as, straight guras (SG).

In other words, there does seem to be a relationship between SG size and social perception, but it is not a simple male-female difference. Rather, the SG appears to reflect a persons ''femininity'' better than ones biological sex: women who are less feminine show a corresponding smaller SG than compared to women who are more feminine, and ditto for men.

So, perhaps transgender folks have an SG size according to what gender they identify with?
The full article Here
Perhaps there are more studies on the SG in the brain and I will do more research another time.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

So tell me, what precisely in your mind Do they want?

I'm going to bed but I'll answer with one thing. It's the election year. I think you'll understand what it means.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Another one that actually does research.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You really need to put down the bottle of hooch, I will wait for an answer.

edit on 5/17/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Oh yes three days from now the Antichrist will return along with more fireballs than you can shake your stick at. How could I forget.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Gotta disagree with you chr0naut.

If you want to believe in religion you are believing in something that is "unsubstantiated by any definitive proof", you are choosing to decide that something without proof exists.

If, however, you do not have religious beliefs, you are not automatically harboring beliefs which may be "unsubstantiated by any definitive proof".

You are instead looking at the evidence available in the world and making (in fact) a substantiated decision that indeed no god exists (that there is no credible evidence for God's existence).

To believe in religion requires faith/ belief in the unsubstantiated.
To be non-religious, however, does not require faith and can be based in logic and observable truths.
edit on 18-5-2016 by RedEyes619 because: Spelling and Grammar.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's not a true science. Its a pseudoscience at best. In a true science any researcher in the world could take the same material and get the same EXACT results to an experiment. Psychologist have no clue what is REALLY going on in someone head, they can only make guesses. True they maybe educated guesses, but still only guesses.

Psychology is no better then a good bartender use to be.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

So a professor of "jurisprudence" is now an expert at medical and mental issues?

From your own article

Robert P. George, the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton

Sorry, that's not a credible source.

Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence is the science, study and theory of law. It includes principles behind law that make the law. Scholars of jurisprudence, also known as jurists or legal theorists

He is not qualified to speak about medical issues.
edit on 18-5-2016 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And we should not have to worship at the alter of their superstition but we are forced to do so because its all about their feelings. What about the way other people feel? Oh ya, if you feel any way other than a fascist LBGT drone you are a bigot and have no right to your existence, let along thoughts or feelings.

Many people have said that the LGBT is a religion and I have said that in the past. They can have their religion. No one is stopping them but that doesn't mean we should be forced to cater to them or allow a grown man into the little girls rest room because he feels like a little sissy girl that day.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
At the risk of quoting myself, im going to ask the same question I did in a thread the other day that no one game me an answer to:

I don't hate on any gender or whatever people want to be identified as

But I do have a question

What's the difference between one person of one sex believing they are in fact another sex despite their chromosomes And a schizophrenic or other personality disorder that believes they are an animal? Or even another person?

These people are considered to have a clinical psychological problem and the aforementioned are not.... Why?

just curious

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

whether it not something is genetic in nature has little to do with conscious choice. Plenty happens before a human is capable of making substantial conscious decisions. But, you're right, there's no scientific proof that homosexuality is or isn't a choice either. Next time you decide to participate in an argument you should know that anecdotes immediately disqualify your point. Well, unless you've know hundreds of thousands and have bothered to collect data. Otherwise, you might as well be Dr. Funke yelling, "There are dozens of us! Dozens!!!" To those that shrug it off as a conscious choice, what would you have them do? Ascribe to the same pseudo science as you?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There is no difference. One functions in society more appropriately than the other. That's about it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

What medical issue?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

I liken psychiatry to astrology, before we had the tools to know better and now it's been replaced with astronomy and astrophysics.

We'll have the same kind of enlightenment regarding the mind in all it's complexities in the coming decades. For now, I agree... it's at best considered a soft-science, but I would prefer to see it as a pseudoscience the same as you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: pl3bscheese

There is some evidence that it is partially genetic. This professor doesn't know what he is talking about.

Of course there are genetic propensities, but that's like.... everything and pretty well a non-statement when you consider the complexity.

Using such a non-statement to back up a claim that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about? I don't get that, sorry.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I personally support LGBT rights based on compassion and the constitution, NOT science.

It’s debatable whether there’s some science behind it just as the global warming conundrum is an issue with different sides.

I haven’t thoroughly investigated either issue

But even if the science is faulty, it still remains this society, being a secular humanist bastion of “freedom” has to support their rights.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Time will tell

We're really just starting to study this stuff...

And yet there are people who believe they are animals and people who think they're a different ethnicity than they are. Are you going to give these mental conditions the same level of serious consideration?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join