It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, 'Superstitious Belief'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: In4ormant

Yes I suppose. I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

Yeah but it doesn't matter. The true nexus of this is did they choose to be that way?

No one chooses to be miserable, well, most dont. The brain is a physical/chemical/electrical machine.
When the brain and body are at odds like this then something is amiss. The medical fields should be looking at how to correct this abnormality in the brain. The body is the extension of the brain. If they don't coexist it's not the bodies fault, it's the brains inability to reconcile the body because of an error.

All this talk of augmenting the body, hormones etc. is glossing over and bandaiding the real issue. The sooner we pour resources into fixing the SOURCE and not coddling the symptoms we will be able to make everybody happier.
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The medical fields should be looking at how to correct this abnormality in the brain. The body is the extension of the brain. If they don't coexist it's not the bodies fault, it's the brains inability to reconcile the body because of an error.

Why do you think they've been studying this? And why do you think they think that letting transgender people be that way is the best route? Do you seriously think they will do something that will harm them? Let them be who they are for now!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The medical fields should be looking at how to correct this abnormality in the brain. The body is the extension of the brain. If they don't coexist it's not the bodies fault, it's the brains inability to reconcile the body because of an error.

Why do you think they've been studying this? And why do you think they think that letting transgender people be that way is the best route? Do you seriously think they will do something that will harm them? Let them be who they are for now!

Not following the questions. Who they are is unhappy and distressed. Fix the brain, fix the problem.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Who they are is unhappy and distressed. Fix the brain, fix the problem.

Better yet, don't concern yourself with it. Live and let live.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What's hyperbole about it?

I PTSD is something people cannot control and did not choose, but it happens to them all the same. It was also not something they were born with.

My point is that there are things that your brain does to you that are a product of things that have happened to you (nurture). You don't choose to have things happen to you and can't control it, but then you are stuck with your mental reaction.

But that doesn't mean it was some sign you were "born that way" either.
edit on 17-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm surpised at you! And you're the one who was surprised at me!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I did not choose to be deaf. And yet people keep stressing me to be hearing all my life. I've faced discrimination. Deaf people were consider less than a person. We can go there if you want.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I would like to live and let live, but I can't anymore. Now I have to wonder if I'll be sharing my locker room with men using the new global policy to take advantage of the situation.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Now I have to wonder if I'll be sharing my locker room with men using the new global policy to take advantage of the situation.

You can blame the far right for the fear.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I did not choose to be deaf. And yet people keep stressing me to be hearing all my life. I've faced discrimination. Deaf people were consider less than a person. We can go there if you want.

I did not choose to have migraines. All my life I got told that I should just suck it up because it was just a headache. I've lost jobs over it and faced discrimination, even from my own parents.

I still live with photosensitive triggers and near-universal fluorescent lighting. Heck, my own government pretty much outlawed incandescent lighting because they felt the planet's health was more important than my own.

So, sure, we can go there. I'm pretty sure just about everyone has their cross to bear.
edit on 17-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'm surpised at you! And you're the one who was surprised at me!

Why surprised?

link   

If it's not the brain malfunctioning on a chemical/electrical/hormonal level then what do you suppose it is? Wizards? Voodoo? There isn't some mystical force inside our heads. Something isn't wired right and since the brain is all chemical and electrical signals it only make sense to look there to try and fix it.

A normal functioning brain has the body and mind coexisting in harmony , so obviously when the 2 don't there's a problem.

It's ok to say it's a problem. No one's gonna get hurt.

link   

So you understand?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why surprised?

Oh sorry. Too many people have said things.

You said that you were surprised at me for making that post about bi-genderism.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would like to live and let live, but I can't anymore. Now I have to wonder if I'll be sharing my locker room with men using the new global policy to take advantage of the situation.

Most of the things we have anxieties about, never happen. I don't find it troublesome.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'd find it incredibly troublesome with some guy in the woman's bathroom with me. Now I'll have to carry mace around. People are dense if they can't see the complete stupidity of where this is leading to.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

You actually think that we liberals want that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf AlienNo I doubt you libs would want your face maced but if you walk in on me in a bathroom you may just get it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

And we support you for that. See?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Are you saying you're against creepy looking freaks being allowed into Women's bathroom?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join