It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, 'Superstitious Belief'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Right so that's why I've stated that we can truly say that the intersex people are "bi-gendered" (in a way that was tongue in cheek comment).

AHA! TRUE!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: breakingbs

Next time?

Eh, I don't do "next time" but if it happens sure...

link   

Ok!

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What does your pie chart have to do with your opening post?

The "professor" is essentially saying that psychology isn't a science.

True. LOL

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Back to the topic:

George's critics, including many Catholic scholars, have argued that he has neglected critical aspects of the Christian message, including "the corruption of human reason through original sin, the need for forgiveness and charity and the chance for redemption," focusing instead on "mechanics" of morality, and—through his political associations and activism—turned the church "into a tool of Republican Party".

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Back to the topic:

George's critics, including many Catholic scholars, have argued that he has neglected critical aspects of the Christian message, including "the corruption of human reason through original sin, the need for forgiveness and charity and the chance for redemption," focusing instead on "mechanics" of morality, and—through his political associations and activism—turned the church "into a tool of Republican Party".

There are, as in any group, fanatics. I don't think it wise to lump all religious people into this hate basket. There just as many varying views as there are different subdivisions of religion.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Is it wise to study the person's background when they make fantastical claims?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ah ok I see where I bungled up a bit. Your reply was to informer. Sorry bout that one. But it still stands...

Not to get into it but that's not the topic.

But then I might turn in or drift to a new thread anyway..

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You would make a good drinking buddy for me heh.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Is it wise to study the person's background when they make fantastical claims?

Probably so, but a direct line of questioning would be better than insinuation right?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Better to derive it somewhere , than have none at all

So you have no problem with radical Muslims deriving morality from Quran?

Not sure what was meant as that was a very vague statement .Muslims , radical or not, also derive morality from their religious works. And since they are the same up to Father Abraham , that is not even a valid question. Also , every religion teaches moral value that is basically the same .Seems as if you ask the question as one not familiar with any religious works.

Religion can be corrupted by some. Those are the ones that are termed "radical" or "extremists" which since they have moved away from the original teachings of the religious texts , can no longer be counted among their particular religious groups.

Good deal you use "Radical" Muslims as your example. I have friends from Iraq who are devout Muslims that say exactly what I stated above. In fact , the feeling is so strong with them I cannot post anything they say about the Muslim extremists on ATS

My guess your question was meant for someone that does not know about religions. I am versed in many and have read most religious texts that exist today.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What insinuation? You're talking about me calling out the Catholics? Well I'm sorry.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Ah ok I see where I bungled up a bit. Your reply was to informer. Sorry bout that one. But it still stands...

Not to get into it but that's not the topic.

But then I might turn in or drift to a new thread anyway..

Your amusing to me in a crippled puppy kind of way. I think I'll keep you.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What insinuation? You're talking about me calling out the Catholics? Well I'm sorry.

No I was saying you insinuated his views on muslims when he never spoke of them.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't disagree with this at all.

In nursing school you are taught that "pain is what the patient says it is". While I haven't attended nursing school myself, this little lesson has absolutely served me well in life. Especially raising kids.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What does your pie chart have to do with your opening post?

The "professor" is essentially saying that psychology isn't a science.

Considering that we are currently undergoing a crisis of reproduce-ability in the sciences of psychology and sociology and similar fields, meaning that many of the studies cannot be reproduced when it is attempted, you tell me how scientific they are.

It would seem to me that if a high volume of your published research studies can't be reproduced, then it's a crap shoot as to whether or not any of your field's conclusions have any real validity.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I don't know about the crippled puppy business, really not me...

But you can try.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No I was saying you insinuated his views on muslims when he never spoke of them.

You might have mistook me for other person. It can get confusing with multiple threads talking about the same thing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

What is this supposed to mean???

He's religiophobic. Now, don't make the mistake of thinking it means he's afraid of people of faith ... one of the other posters determined earlier that "phobic" can also mean strong aversion.

I think this qualifies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join