It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, 'Superstitious Belief'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh he's a Catholic. Why am I not surprised?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What is this supposed to mean???

edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My intention was to present the emotions, which are indeed psychological. Of course, ALL embryo's begin as females, and the male sexual characteristics are developed later, which sets up a scenario for something to go astray, as with all our other organs and body functions.

We are born with a myriad of differences, malfunctions, some of them in the mind, such as IQ, and personality traits. Why not gender?

I can't/won't dismiss the emotional aspects of this, as for the moment, this is what we have. Some doctors have begun listening to patients, which I don't think they have much in the past. As time rolls on, I believe a medical interpretation will be discovered, but it is likely an isolated and rare difference, and could take a lot of research to discover. I doubt research money for this is a priority right now.

In the meantime, if someone tells me that have pain in their knee, I believe them. If they tell me they have pain in their psyche, I believe them.

link   
a reply to: breakingbs

You guessed it right. It's the religion

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Off topic but you didn't answer my question about if you knew what intersex means.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
-
edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: not to be advised

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Oh he's a Catholic. Why am I not surprised?

One view facilitates the other?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Oh wasn't talking about you
We had a good discussion in that thread.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Be clear.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

No the Biblical view "facilitates" their view today. They derive morality from the Bible.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Be clear.

I thought I was being clear. I apologize.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My intention was to present the emotions, which are indeed psychological. Of course, ALL embryo's begin as females, and the male sexual characteristics are developed later, which sets up a scenario for something to go astray, as with all our other organs and body functions.

We are born with a myriad of differences, malfunctions, some of them in the mind, such as IQ, and personality traits. Why not gender?

I can't/won't dismiss the emotional aspects of this, as for the moment, this is what we have. Some doctors have begun listening to patients, which I don't think they have much in the past. As time rolls on, I believe a medical interpretation will be discovered, but it is likely an isolated and rare difference, and could take a lot of research to discover. I doubt research money for this is a priority right now.

In the meantime, if someone tells me that have pain in their knee, I believe them. If they tell me they have pain in their psyche, I believe them.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't look for a clear diagnosis with a treatment to correct it that doesn't involve augmenting the body. The variance is in the brain, physicians should look to diagnose and treat the brain.

You don't change the doors on a car when the motor is blown.
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sex =/= Gender, Gender =/= Sex

gen·der
ˈjendər/Submit
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

sex
seks/Submit
noun
(chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.
"he enjoyed talking about sex"
synonyms: sexual intercourse, intercourse, lovemaking, making love, sex act, (sexual) relations; More
either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.
"adults of both sexes"
synonyms: gender
"adults of both sexes"

Pretty basic stuff there really.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No the Biblical view "facilitates" their view today. They derive morality from the Bible.

Who is they? All of them?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Stop pu#footing. Please. You are suggesting I don't even know to practically everyone. What thread...speak up. You said s/th about Catholics, and I replied.
edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Stop pu#footing. Please. You are suggesting I don't even know to practically everyone. What thread...speak up. You said s/th about Catholics, I replied.

Having a rough night. It happens

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Better to derive it somewhere , than have none at all

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I don't know what this means either. Stop being suggestive.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If you would follow the conversation this guy is a Catholic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If you would stop p#footing around you would admit you knew why I reacted like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join