It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see transgenderism as a spiritual issue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Yes

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It could be a spirit who couldn't decide what gender to be. Or wasn't given enough time to choose.

Two-spirit people is a term referred to lesbians or gays. I think it could fit in the transgender topic here

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I actually give it nearly zero thought, but I have heard various takes on it. The way people view the entire subject seems to change based on their own age and religious beliefs. I once read an article that discussed the idea of past lives and how if someone had lived as one gender through multiple lives and then was born as the opposite gender then there could be identity confusion for them. Which they surmised would explain transgenders.

I personally just don't know. I believe everyone has their own belief sets and weather they call it spirituality, religion, ect.. it really doesn't matter. I don't know how transgender is a spiritual thing, although I wouldn't rule it out since I simply do not understand. I sort of wonder if there is something genetically 'off' somehow that the mind identifies with another gender. Of course you have to also consider that with the way information is spread so quickly, there may very well be some jumping on the bandwagon that may not have otherwise. Maybe someone who is gay/lesbian, but is easily influenced and thinks they may be transgender rather than just gay/lesbian? Who knows, maybe I am completely off my rocker with that one.

Personally I don't care what someone identifies as, I judge a person based on their character.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As long as a soul follows the golden rule (including not manipulating others and being open and truth full) I o not have any problem with any behavior. But being totally aware of the golden rule you have to become logical. And that is where many religions are failing.

Objective logic.
Two people who have a mutualistic behavior towards each other cannot be wrong.
If one person suffers for another person behavior it is parasitical and not moral.

For a transgender to limit suffering to others it becomes very simple what they must do. When faced with want of loving another a the person must make sure the other soul is ok with the person being transgender even if it can cause rejection.

For a person who likes being in a polyamory to limit suffering to others it becomes very simple what they must do. When faced with want of loving another the person must make sure the other soul is ok with the person being fond of polyamory even if it can cause rejection.

For a person who likes being in a monogamy to limit suffering to others it becomes very simple what they must do. When faced with want of loving another the person must make sure the other soul is ok with the person being fond of monogamy even if it can cause rejection.
edit on 18-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: Profusion

I personally don't believe anyone's spirit has a gender. I believe a person's spirit transcends things of this world (which to me, includes gender.)

Does anyone else feel this way?

I would say yes. I see the source of feminine and masculine as behavioral patterns that exists more or less within a soul with regardless of a male and female body. You can have souls in male bodies that are very nurturing and souls in female bodies that are very non nurturing. Extremes on a behavior duality scale.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i would say it is not spiritual problem but the problem of the Ego.

Imagine that there are pure male and pure female people in this dual world.
They are all seeking for love and happiness.Few of them are having this lasting relationship.

But what happens, when a person Finds the True love ?`
The Love where each other know what the other thinks, feel what the other feel, love as the other loves ?

no realy, just stop for a second and think about this. it is indeed possibile to have such relationship.

now, for few people this may sound quite uncomfortable, and even unexpecting.

And the Ego will always try to disrupt this kind of relationship, because it would mean the end of the Ego.

Sometime, if it is disrupted at the very beginning of the stage, the affected persons may find themselfes as having the opposite sex thoughts.
male having pure female thoughts, and females having pure male thoughts.

do you see where im going with this ? well look:

If you find yourself in this position, not knowing of the effect of the love, having the opposite sex thought, how would you react ?

Surely, few of the people may think, that their soul is in a Wrong body, born as wrong sex, and looking back they will find evidences why the past relationships have failed.

But look on what is really happening : The opposite thoughts are indeed the Thoughts of the beloved partner.
But this your Ego will try to tell you: that it is impossibile.
And the ones who did transgendering, are actually the misstaken ones,who believed the Ego.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Depends,if one can settle with themselves I guess, and be comfortable with who they are. Isn't most views of spirituality on this site usually concerned with the loss of one's ego, where as a sex, would be a huge influence with an ego boundary, where as a loss of the ego wouldn't care for it anymore.

Almost that a reading I read from the Tao Te Ching, if one tries to fill an empty void, it is only going to consume more with out boundary...Or something like that.

Imo, one who can't make up their mind going to have trouble, especially with sexual identity being more complex then just A an B, but thats just me.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join