It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SICK to death of transgenderism topics..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
There's a lot of gray area in this topic. People are at different stages of their transformations. Some may never transition, but will live with contradicting feelings and thoughts. It's a very sensitive subject.

Should this be swept under the rug?

LGBT were forced to live on the fringes of society and created their own culture. Who forced them there?

Since LGBT are no longer criminals just for existing, and can have normal lives - - - many businesses that catered specifically to LGBT have closed. Why? Because LGBT are becoming "soccer moms". Having families, moving into the suburbs, etc.

I don't see any gray area in accepting that People are just People.

Everyone has issues they have to deal with. What's different is acceptance by society.

Hate for just being who you are will get anyone down.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not talking about a gray area in terms of accepting people. I'm talking about people who are transgendered, where they are at in terms of transitioning, processing who they are, who they want to be, etc. I was illustrating why can be such an emotionally charged topic, especially for those who are trans.

I didn't say anything about sweeping it under the rug. I was trying to say that some people you will just never get through to (*cough *cough 1lluminatiTechnician) and it turns what could be a positive conversation into a bickering match back and forth.

I'm not saying anything about not accepting people... I am ALL for accepting people of any gender/ sexual identity etc. etc.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Bluesma
I am just popping in to respond to the OP-
Me too. Fed up with the bathroom nonsense and not reading any more.

I bet transgenders are fed up with it too.

They just wanna pee.

They are not the ones blowing it up with nonsense paranoia.

Yeah. I assumed that.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'm not talking about a gray area in terms of accepting people. I'm talking about people who are transgendered, where they are at in terms of transitioning, processing who they are, who they want to be, etc. I was illustrating why can be such an emotionally charged topic, especially for those who are trans.

Have you talked to transgenders about that?

#1 Acceptance by society.

How do you think the transgenders on ATS feel reading some of these threads?

How do you think transgenders feel when posters on ATS tell them they are mentally ill? That they're just making it up?

The physical transitioning is nothing compared to that. IMO

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

you are toilet warrior that is reason why this rant started

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I understand that... you act like I am discrediting transgender feelings, I'm not at all. In fact, I specifically tried to explain ways that I see this can be an especially sensitive subject, how I realize many people are not coming around or being respectful about it.

You could save yourself (and others could also) a lot of trouble by disengaging from those ignorant or hateful people. If you've said your piece and they continue to bombard you with ignorance then it's probably time to move on. If it crosses the line, Alert a mod. But don't get sucked into the back and forth with those people since it's obviously not changing their minds about anything.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dinamo

you are toilet warrior that is reason why this rant started

I am an Equal Treatment/Equal Rights warrior.

It comes from having a mom with polio 30+ years before the Disability Act. (I was 5 years old when she was stricken).

Prior to the Disability Act the disabled were treated very much like LGBT. She was thrown out of restaurants because she made other customers uncomfortable, she was refused entrance to businesses because she might fall and break something, she was denied use of bathrooms because of safety issues, etc etc.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I understand that... you act like I am discrediting transgender feelings, I'm not at all. In fact, I specifically tried to explain ways that I see this can be an especially sensitive subject, how I realize many people are not coming around or being respectful about it.

Then I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20751070]FamCore
You could save yourself (and others could also) a lot of trouble by disengaging from those ignorant or hateful people. If you've said your piece and they continue to bombard you with ignorance then it's probably time to move on.

Well, that's just it - - I don't really engage them - - I state my piece.

They don't like that. They want to argue. I just repeat facts and knowledge I've learned.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I understand, I do the same thing at times. But I've found that it actually leaves me feeling so discouraged that next time I am less likely to even state my piece. I've learned that I will try my very best to educate and inform others, but I need to draw a line in the sand so I don't burn myself out or get so discouraged that I feel I need to stop fighting the 'good' fight.

I know it's out of a good place in your heart. That's very admirable. In general I think most people are becoming more educated and learning about the stigmas surrounding the LBGT community.. but there will always be those hateful and disruptive folks as well and I try to not let those interactions muddy the waters or affect my likelihood of commenting next time.

It's easy to lose faith in all of humanity due to the actions of a rotten few, I just needed to remind myself of this and snap back into reality. Anyway, some of this might sound preachy but I just wanted to explain where I was coming from and let you know that I admire your commitment and not to lose that "spark" inside of you. *respect*

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

lmao

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You could save yourself (and others could also) a lot of trouble by disengaging from those ignorant or hateful people. If you've said your piece and they continue to bombard you with ignorance then it's probably time to move on. If it crosses the line, Alert a mod. But don't get sucked into the back and forth with those people since it's obviously not changing their minds about anything.

Exactly

This debate is cruel, insensitive and unecessary.
Taking part in it helps it grow.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Don't remember if I said it or read it - you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
But people don't really care what bathroom their using anymore.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
but also this post is a dichotomy

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

No danger? Nothing new will happen? The "usual suspects" said I would have no more of an issue now, fearing for my daughter's safety with this new policy, or law, or whatever misleading description they want to call it. I submit to you yest another incident, as a result of someone who "identified" as being TG to get access to the women's bathroom.

Man acts like TG to get access to women's restroom, and attacks 8 year old girl, choking her.

It's someone elses' thread on here, but I felt compelled to add it to our already existing "denial show" here.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Where exactly did it say the man acts like a TG? What evidence do you have, at all, that this crime would not have happened before?

Way to editorialize that title by the way.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

This is a lie. Nowhere does it say anything about the man posing as a transgender person to get into the restroom. Bad guys have always gotten into women's restrooms when no one is looking. They prefer to do it this way, as there are fewer witnesses. There's no reason to "pretend" to be a transgender person, as the whole idea is for no one to see them in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join