It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunken ebay bidding and the resulting dread you might actually win.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I've been both the buyer and the seller.

After a few cans and binge watching Sci Fi on a Saturday night I put a bid on a reproduced mask from Planet of the Apes (thankfully didn't win.)

I also sold the majority of omy Vinyl and CD singels back in the day. One particularly rare CD was under £20 with the 12" going for up to 5 times more.
The successful Buyer paid the vinyl price and admitted thah even though the title, description and pictures were of the CD , he was drunk and thought it was vinyl. Still paid up though

edit on 18-5-2016 by Cymru because: Spelling

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Once I had a delivery in the post at work. Upon opening the package, I was dumbfounded to find a plastic container with air holes containing half a dozen or so very young Giant African Land Snails!

It was only due to the accompanying note that I learned I'd bought them on ebay that weekend.

I could hardly send them back so I popped them into an old fish tank and over time, watched them grow to the size of cats!

My daughter also convinced me to buy her a Disney scooter when I got back from the pub once.

They should have a drunken ebay bidding delay system in place.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: maxiain

LMAO

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

!!!

Yep, I've done it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Back in the late 90's and early 2000's, before admitting I was an alcoholic, I spent a small fortune on stupid purchases like this. Waking up in the morning usually included sober me trying to figure out what the heck drunk me had been doing the night before. One morning I woke up to find out I had purchased a number of camping tents, five to be exact. I guess I wanted to go camping and could not decide what size tent I wanted. Being single at the time, I am not sure why I needed a 12 person tent with four separate rooms. Now, sober for 11 years, I have two boys and a wonderful wife. That 12 person tent is perfect now, but running up $3,000 in credit card debt in one night for five tents was certainly not worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join