It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm bi-gendered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

K.
edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

No, it's not about the body and the mind, it's about society and insecurity. That's very easy to see from the OP.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I didn't say anything derogatory, at least it wasn't meant that way.

You essentially said the OP must be mentally ill, the very first reply when they were just trying to express how they feel, using a totally made up medical condition none the less. You meant exactly what you wanted to you mean and we both know why it was distasteful.

But the OP did state that there are two separate people living in their mind. So whatever the "official" terminology for multiple personality disorder is, that's what it sounds like to me.

Multiple personality disorder is when they are completely separate personalities which take control at different times. The OP is trying to express how it feels like he has personality traits from both genders, that is a completely different thing and you know it. If you were a boy who grew up being treated as a boy, but on the inside you felt more like a girl, then of course you're going to have conflicting personality traits. I think to some degree we all know what that feels like, we project a person that isn't truly who we are on the inside if we're being completely honest with ourselves.
edit on 17/5/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You essentially said the OP must be mentally ill, the very first reply when they were just trying to express how they feel, using a totally made up medical condition none the less. You meant exactly what you wanted to you mean and we both know why it was distasteful.

There was no malice in my intentions. Maybe some snark. But it sounds to me the Op would benefit more from talking through the issues discussed in the OP with a behavioral health professional than with ATS.

I was completely off on the abortion of "disassociative schizophrenia" I'll ensure I look up terms I'm not 100% sure of in the future. Lesson learned. This link below seems to explain the difference and where I got mixed up.

Probing Question: How do schizophrenia and DID differ?

I think to some degree we all know what that feels like, we project a person that isn't truly who we are on the inside if we're being completely honest with ourselves.

This part I can agree with.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's interesting, but what you're calling bi-gendered sounds a lot like disassociative schizophrenia.

Why is that? There's bisexual individuals, why not bigendered? Are bisexuals also schizo's?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
im trying to wrap my tiny brain around this topic.

So, were you born with a V or a D?

and

Do you identify as both male and female because you have identified both male and female or masculine and feminine personality traits?

oh one more

Do you believe there is a difference between men and women?

My body was and continues to be male and I like women. Sounds pretty straightforward until you get to know me more. I would prefer a female body but the tech isn't up to my liking. I don't cross-dress as I don't believe female clothes look good on a male body (it's purely an aesthetic thing).

When I was 4 I wanted to play with the girls on the playground. I wasn't accepted. I didn't want to play with the boys. I saw how they played... more aggressive, loud, and there was a pecking order. Yes I believe there's a difference between male/female, at least on a general level. I saw some of the differences right there on that playground. But our peers (society) also define what is masculine and feminine. Boys/men are supposed to embody the masculine aspects, etc. Rather than throwing out everything about me that didn't match my body I embraced it. For example I'm extremely maternal. Such a thing is not very acceptable in a man. So this trait is contained in my feminine aspect.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Oh and for those of you who think I may be crazy... you might be right. I was the first one to consider it after all. When I finally started doing some searches on the internet wondering if I wasn't alone, one of the first things I searched for was "multiple personality disorder". Turns out that's a bit different. One personality takes over, then another. They often aren't aware of each other.

Bi-gendered or two-spirit people have been a thing for a long time, but it's not the sort of thing we just come out and start talking about. Some of the responses in this thread are a perfect example why. But since there's a bunch of similar stuff in the news lately I figured what the heck. I don't have a reputation to lose anyway.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: new_here

Do you know what intersex means?

Yes I do. The whole point of my confusion was that on the other thread, you insisted that gender was in the brain and not determined the biological sex of the body. Yet you say that an intersex person is truly 'bi-gendered.' Why must that be? I just don't follow your train of thought. Why I asked...
edit on 5/17/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: circlemaker
When I was 4 I wanted to play with the girls on the playground. I wasn't accepted. I didn't want to play with the boys. I saw how they played... more aggressive, loud, and there was a pecking order.

Wait, so you think being aggressive, loud, and having a sense of social hierarchy is more pronounced in males? I don't think that's the case in the least.

Yes I believe there's a difference between male/female, at least on a general level. I saw some of the differences right there on that playground. But our peers (society) also define what is masculine and feminine. Boys/men are supposed to embody the masculine aspects, etc. Rather than throwing out everything about me that didn't match my body I embraced it. For example I'm extremely maternal. Such a thing is not very acceptable in a man. So this trait is contained in my feminine aspect.

When you say you're very "maternal"... can you give some specific examples here? Do you breastfeed, or what?
edit on 17-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The point is that intersex people have BOTH PHYSICAL organs. As in both male and female organs. More or less.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

That's interesting, but what you're calling bi-gendered sounds a lot like disassociative schizophrenia.

Why is that? There's bisexual individuals, why not bigendered? Are bisexuals also schizo's?

Instead of dividing humans over every single difference.

Let's unite on what we have in common.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The point is that intersex people have BOTH PHYSICAL organs. As in both male and female organs. More or less.

Yeah, I know that. But I thought your point (in previous threads) was that sex organs do not a gender make. Hence my confusion.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Oh ok. I was just saying that the intersex people can claim "bi-gendered" and able to prove it! Get it?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Seems to me the argument of being a female trapped in a male's body is actually incredibly sexist.

The confusion stems from what you and society believe are normal male thoughts or mannerisms or interests or what a man is supposed to be, and that's what causes the confusion.

Who's to say some men don't identify more with what society thinks females tend to identify with? Why does being a guy who identifies with more feminine traits make you a female trapped in a male's body? Why doesn't it make you just a guy who trends more towards female traits?

It's as if society is telling people because you're trapped in a male's body but have feminine characteristics, you're not normal and must actually be a female.

Some gay men are incredibly feminine, feel far more comfortable around women, do their hair and nails and dress as women would and have clear feminine characteristics, on top of having zero sexual interest in women. Why are they billed as just a gay man rather than a woman trapped in a males body? I'd go as far to say as some who think they're transgendered are actually homosexual but can't bring themselves to accept it. It's more confusion than anything as society has told them how a male or female should act.

thats a great explaination

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Oh ok. I was just saying that the intersex people can claim "bi-gendered" and able to prove it! Get it?

Ahh, so sort of a joke then. Sorry, I thought you were serious and it confused me. It's hard to read between the lines on the Internet sometimes!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Really think about it. Intersex people are born with both sexes
They can claim to be "bi-gendered".

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Lol. You realize the "roles" of women and men are always evolving. I simply dont get this crap. I had a homo experience once. I am a woman!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Basically you either have an X chromosome in every cell of your body or you do not. If you do and pretend you do not, or if you do not and pretend you do, you're simply an imposter. Your "feelings" are beside the point. You're still faking it. There's nothing "phobic" about pointing out this plain fact. You can accept it or don't. If you don't, that's your problem, not anybody else's.

Actually, it's only a problem for people who it is a problem for. If a transgendered individual doesn't feel it's a problem for them, then it's not. If another person is bothered by another person's feelings about their gender identification, then it's their (the bothered observer's problem.)

I've got it good, I don't have any problem with my gender (male) or sexuality (straight), and I couldn't give a rat's behind about anyone else's. I live a rather problem-free life that way. I find it silly that people stress over other people's situations, beliefs, sexuality, gender identity, etc.

I think I'm going to order a "Who cares?" T-shirt.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: circlemaker

You could re-write the title as "I am big-endered".

But that would probably be more profound.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Vector99

Instead of dividing humans over every single difference.

Let's unite on what we have in common.

You won't get a disagreement there from me, actually I agree with you 100%.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join