It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm bi-gendered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: In4ormant

None of this is what I call "above top secret" material. A person getting up on a message board telling people how they do it as a way to classify themselves? Why??? And why here??

Ask the OP

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
With respect, as an average guy who happens to be attracted to men I sincerely believe you should not use a label or define yourself by that label.

In a recent thread I mentioned I was struggling with someone who identified as a "bi-semi-romantic autoerotic asexual".

LesMisanthrope responded with the following which I think is very good advice.

In creative writing there is a principle called "show don't tell". The way you described yourself, for instance, offers a great deal more to the imagination than a label could. Describing using adjectives is "showing", evoking better imagery, whereas describing using labels is "telling", evoking nothing but abstract ideas.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Umm...I don't think I need to do that but ok.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
In his defense the OP did say 2 of them inside that sometimes give different answers and get words mixed up. That's about as close as you can get to declaring yourself 2 separate people.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Umm...I don't think I need to do that but ok.

I just wanted to see who would answer

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Because we care about the feelings of others.

Is that hard to comprehend?

It is for me.

I think you spend too much time worrying about stuff and not enough time living your life. Besides, I consider my feelings to be a weakness to be squashed. They serve no logical purpose.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Go back to post one. OP makes it clear this has nothing to do with their body.

It's some sort of serious issue for them, but of course guy wasn't being serious with the mental diagnosis... he was just using the term as a laymen would to make a point.
edit on 17-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't get it. Your reply was to me.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't get it. Your reply was to me.

When you asked them

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Ommmmmmm.

And with that, a big ominous scraping sound as two square stone doors drag shut.

I asked...them.

edit on 17-5-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ommmmmmm.

And with that, a big ominous scraping sound as two square stone doors drag shut.

I asked...them.

The commonality that binds us and helps us feel empathy to one another is slowly disentigrating
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Basically you either have an X chromosome in every cell of your body or you do not. If you do and pretend you do not, or if you do not and pretend you do, you're simply an imposter. Your "feelings" are beside the point. You're still faking it. There's nothing "phobic" about pointing out this plain fact. You can accept it or don't. If you don't, that's your problem, not anybody else's.

Nope. You're mistaken.

A karyotype is a picture of the chromosomes in a cell. A karyotype is used to see what kinds of chromosomes a person has. It is created by taking a blood or tissue sample from a person, and then staining the chromosomes with dye and photographing them through a microscope. The photograph is then cut up and rearranged so that the chromosomes are lined up into corresponding pairs. The result is usually reported as the number and type of a person’s chromosomes, such as 45,X (the individual has 22 pairs of matched chromosomes and one X chromosome, also known as Turner Syndrome); 46,XX (the individual has 22 pairs of matched chromosomes and two X chromosomes); 46,XY (the individual has 22 pairs of matched chromosomes, one X chromosome and one Y chromosome); 47, XXY.

A person is said to have a “mosaic karyotype” when he or she has one kind of karyotype in some of his or her cells, and a different karyotype in other cells. An example is when a person is said to have a 45,X/46,XX karyotype; that means he or she has 46,X in some cells, and 46,XX in other cells. Mosaicism happens because sometimes cells divide incorrectly early in the life of an embryo. For instance a woman with Mosaic Turner Syndrome may have some cells that are XO (typical Turner Syndrome karyotype) and some cells that are XX (typical female karyotype). Mosaicism also occurs in milder forms of Klinefelter Syndrome called 46/47 XY/XXY mosaic. In this case, the XY cells would have 46 chromosomes (a typical number of chromosomes) and the XXY cells would have 47 chromosomes.

Intersex Society of North America

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: circlemaker

Hi Bi-Gendered, I'm hungry.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That's not what I feel at all. I'm a j.o. on a message board, I don't have any problems feeling empathy, in fact most of this stuff doesn't affect my day to day life. I don't do stuff against anyone's will or suggest it happen, and all around I'm pretty ok.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Go back to post one. OP makes it clear this has nothing to do with their body.

Yes it's a mental thing, but if you understood what the OP was saying then you'd know it's about the body and the mind. I believe the OP is trying to say a transgender person isn't just someone who's had a sex change surgery, it's about who you are internally rather than what your body looks like. I can understand where the OP is coming from because I don't fit in with most guys, I don't really like sports, I'm not heavily built, and to be honest I'm a total nerd. There is a nice little label for guys like me, the "beta males", implying some how they are less then a real man. It's titles like that which show how society struggles with anything outside of the stereotypical image of how men and women should be.

There are always going to be men who feel like a women on the inside, just like there are always going to be homosexual people, so I suggest people learn to live with it. But I think all of this really comes back to the toilet issue, that's what people really care about. And I have to say I can understand if women don't wont penis-wielding cross-dressers in their toilets. I don't think transgender people should automatically expect society to adapt to their expectations. But I also think society should learn to live with some compromises, for example I think people who have had a full sex change deserve to use the toilet of the gender they switched to, because I mean it takes real dedication to do that.
edit on 17/5/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I didn't say anything derogatory, at least it wasn't meant that way. I didn't complain about bi or trans threads or snowflakes or safe spaces.

I was stating my opinion as a random, inconsequential, non-psychologist person on the internet.

But the OP did state that there are two separate people living in their mind. So whatever the "official" terminology for multiple personality disorder is, that's what it sounds like to me.
edit on 17-5-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Same here...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's a birth defect that is not all that common that people keep mentioning whenever a person says they do x or y. I don't see what this has to do with anything.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Seems to me the argument of being a female trapped in a male's body is actually incredibly sexist.

The confusion stems from what you and society believe are normal male thoughts or mannerisms or interests or what a man is supposed to be, and that's what causes the confusion.

Who's to say some men don't identify more with what society thinks females tend to identify with? Why does being a guy who identifies with more feminine traits make you a female trapped in a male's body? Why doesn't it make you just a guy who trends more towards female traits?

It's as if society is telling people because you're trapped in a male's body but have feminine characteristics, you're not normal and must actually be a female.

Some gay men are incredibly feminine, feel far more comfortable around women, do their hair and nails and dress as women would and have clear feminine characteristics, on top of having zero sexual interest in women. Why are they billed as just a gay man rather than a woman trapped in a males body? I'd go as far to say as some who think they're transgendered are actually homosexual but can't bring themselves to accept it. It's more confusion than anything as society has told them how a male or female should act.

edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That's not what I feel at all. I'm a j.o. on a message board, I don't have any problems feeling empathy, in fact most of this stuff doesn't affect my day to day life. I don't do stuff against anyone's will or suggest it happen, and all around I'm pretty ok.

It was more a personal observation on the way the world is leaning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join