It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm bi-gendered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im octo-gendered. Can i trend on twitter?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
That's interesting, but what you're calling bi-gendered sounds a lot like disassociative schizophrenia.

No it doesn't because there is no such thing as dissociative schizophrenia, (and, for the record, disassociative is not even a word). There is dissociative identity disorder and schizophrenia. They are different things, although there is a spectrum for schizophrenia, it doesn't have anything to do with dissociative identity disorder. I'm not sure how I feel about what the OP has written per se, but um... you're just making up psychiatric disorders and slapping them on people which is so very wrong.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well but why? And no I didn't mean you were not "weird" a little odd, or the like, but where is this "discrimination?"

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Example - North Carolina. They passed the bill that effectively rendered cities' non-discrimination laws void.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Dude I'm pretty sure you're normal. Why do we have a lot of physically normal people arguing these subjects? I don't get it...

Because we care about the feelings of others.

Is that hard to comprehend?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I guess I'm wondering how it affects you.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't think it's that. It looks like a bandwagon. I really do think it's that. I doubt that if you looked that far into your soul that you "care."

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can't keep up with it all anymore. Can we just meet, say hi, exchange names and if we get along maybe become friends. All the "I'm this, I'm that, I'm 3 of these" Give it a rest.

Either your cool or your not. F*ck the rest.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: circlemaker

Considering half the threads on the opening page are about transgenderism I figured I'd add to the mess, and hopefully clear a couple things up.

Thank you for posting and sharing! I'm not sure if I should congratulate your courage for stepping outside your comfort zone or applaud your acceptance and candor about your experiences - or both!

And maybe you can help me understand something I've only recently learned of: autogynephilia. Those transgenders who identify as heterosexual (and perhaps bisexual), who are sexually aroused by the thought of being a woman. I have heard and read some very vile and disturbing things about and by these folks, including threats of violence and actual violence against others borne of an attendant narcissistic rage. As I understand it, this behavior is specific to only those who identify as heterosexual, NOT those who identify as homosexual, prior to transitioning.

As I understand it, there is much objection to the term "autogynephilia," and especially to the characterization as a fetish or a paraphilia; but that there are also many who self-identify with the basic premise. I understand that many feminists, lesbians and others within the LGBT community have felt their wrath (and worse).

I do not, however, have any personal experience or knowledge of this type of transgender, so everything I know is either what I've heard secondhand or read on the internet. My personal experience is only with gays and lesbians who are not gender-conforming, but have no desire to transition. Anything you could add from your personal experience would be much appreciated. (Including errors in my terminology, as well as my understanding. I'm doing my best -- but this is all quite new to me).

Thanks much!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Oh I am deaf so I have experienced discrimination. So I do understand the feeling.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ok, and I applaud you, but that's an actual thing, not an action or behavior choice..

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Transgenderism isn't an action nor a behavior any more than sexual orientation is.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
im trying to wrap my tiny brain around this topic.

So, were you born with a V or a D?

and

Do you identify as both male and female because you have identified both male and female or masculine and feminine personality traits?

oh one more

Do you believe there is a difference between men and women?

edit on 5/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Isn't this ... dumb? What you're saying is you've bought into this idea of what it means to be a man ... or woman, or whatever, and found that you have both.... but that's not good enough, instead of being like everyone else and not much caring you found the need to reinforce these social stereotypes by proclaiming you're bi-gendered.

I don't get this. I do agree, people have social masks, but most people are too slack to keep up their guards at all times. You see what appears to be most everyone NOT fitting all too well into the gender stereotypes. I can't tell if this is a step forward or backwards. Is it good to be aware of the stereotype, but indirectly enforce them, or better to not be as aware, but not cause much of a fuss. Two people mostly behaving the same way, I would tend to think.

I must be missing something.
edit on 17-5-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Isn't this ... dumb? What you're saying is you've bought into this idea of what it means to be a man ... or woman, or whatever, and found that you have both.... but that's not good enough, instead of being like everyone else and not much caring you found the need to reinforce these social stereotypes by proclaiming you're bi-gendered.

I don't get this. I do agree, people have social masks, but most people are too slack to keep up their guards at all times. You see what appears to most everyone NOT fitting all too well into the gender stereotypes. I can't tell if this is a step forward or backwards. Is it good to be aware of the stereotype, but indirectly enforce them, or better to not be as aware, but not cause much of a fuss. Two people mostly behaving the same way, I would tend to think.

I must be missing something.

Your not missing anything. People feel the need to declare themselves something in order to gain acceptance. It's called insecurity. For better or worse.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

None of this is what I call "above top secret" material. A person getting up on a message board telling people how they do it as a way to classify themselves? Why??? And why here??

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
a reply to: In4ormant

None of this is what I call "above top secret" material. A person getting up on a message board telling people how they do it as a way to classify themselves? Why??? And why here??

Im interested sorry your not.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
That's interesting, but what you're calling bi-gendered sounds a lot like disassociative schizophrenia.

WTF dude, seriously. Just because a person feels like their personality does not match their body does not make them schizophrenic. Having a dissociative disorder means you have two or more personalities that can manifest themselves at different times. And dissociative identity disorder isn't even a form of schizophrenia, they are two different things which you are mixing together and then using it as a label for people who feel like they don't fit in with people of their gender... and then ATS members star the crap of your nonsensical BS. Extraordinary.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I havent exactly ruled out PTSD or Schitzophrenia personally i dont think this issue has had enough time to really be studied and understood in either direction.

It may or may not be and none of us truly know all we can do is speculate until more research is conducted.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I didn't see how it fit but ok.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join