It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pharma Death Clock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think what it more comes down to is this: yes there will be downsides to legalising marijuana, but there will also be many benefits too — especially in the fields of medical treatment and research. Grown adults should have the freedom to choose to use it or at least not be punished for using it. There is no logical reason why alcohol should be legal and marijuana not. I could compile a list double as long as yours if including the negative effects associated with alcohol consumption.

edit on 19/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Absolutely! Alcohol is far, far worse. But a lot of the reason it is, is because it is readily available and legal.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That is a valid point, but think of the potential negatives that would arise if it were made illegal...like a thriving black market, people's lives being ruined by dealings with a banned substance, jail time and families torn apart by illegal activity. (Ironically, kind of like the position of drugs now.)

Still, while I support the legalisation of marijuana, I do think there should be some sensible regulations.
edit on 19/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

But ATS™ rules stipulate that "Only a 'Ginger' can call a 'Ginger', "Ginger..."

Have You ever heard about "Turmeric"? It is from the Ginger family (no kidding- synchronicity says You should look into this as a supplement)

en.wikipedia.org...

yournewswire.com...

www.greenmedinfo.com...

And due to Your 'fair skin' I'd also suggest using Coconut oil wherever You'll be exposed to the Sun.

healthimpactnews.com...

The Turmeric is available in pill form in most vitamin/supplement aisles...

Stay hydrated My Friend.

Due to dealing with the human body/vessel *** Your Mileage May Vary ***

Thanks for that information...greatly appreciated! I have heard of these items. I know Trumeric is used in curry (Indian based food). This could explain the much lower cancer rates in India.
edit on 19-5-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'll agree with that. But I would add these facts (note: facts because it already happens with alcohol). Children would have easier access to it and if not, the "black market" wouldn't go away. That means as much if not more crime. Children especially think "adults can do it...it must be fun or at least not bad". As I'm sure you know, a child's mind is different...developing. I know a lot of people who have quit drugs including pot and remain as stupid as they were when they were using. But they weren't stupid before the drugs. There must be a reason for that even if it is just not learning as well.

I think marijuana should be legalized, but I would make the restrictions as strict as those on alcohol should be. There is also the issue with determining who is high while driving. I don't think there is an easy test yet and I don't want my loved ones run down. Then...assuming alcohol and pot are about the same...are we OK with increasing the driving deaths currently 1 injury every two minutes and 1 death every 53 minutes (alcohol). Pretty scary numbers to double.

So...I don't know. I wouldn't want to be the one who says "go for it"! Yeah, I'd get lots of praise for the initial action, but could I sleep with knowing it was me who added to this world's problems? I don't know.
edit on 5/19/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Sickness is induced-
I am upgrading Eisenhower term The Medical Industrial Complex to "The Medical Military Media Financial Technocratic Industrial Complex"

Why?

Because I can

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kreator666
It's just dulling the senses only morphine is more addictive. In cancer patients will it make a difference ? I've seen enough people in pain.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kreator666
double post..,, mb the point needs to be seen
edit on 19-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
a reply to: JuJuBee

Sickness is induced-
I am upgrading Eisenhower term The Medical Industrial Complex to "The Medical Military Media Financial Technocratic Industrial Complex"

Why?

Because I can
Eisenhower called it the military industrial complex. Meanwhile
Big pharma and doctors lobbied against chiropractors for monopoly and now uses codex alimentarius to take away our freedom of choice with supplements
edit on 19-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I'm not sure whether you intended to reply to me or someone else on this thread, but as you did it confirms my thoughts on trying to grow as much of my own food as possible. I've had a allotment for growing vegies in for 4 years now. I make my own compost and do it all organically. One thing it has taught me is being self sufficient in food is much more difficult and time consuming than I ever imagined...

Its worth the effort in the long run though.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

You do realise that the "Pharma Death Clock" image in your OP is simply listing the ways people have died as a result of poor hospital care. Why would you expect to see a figure for marijuana use in a list like this?

You wouldn't expect to see marijuana on a list like that no, or on any list having to do with the ways people have died as Marijuana is completely non toxic, you can consume as much of it as you like and it won't kill you, it might immobilize you for a while but that's another story...

This is typical of a lot of people today, they don't understand the data that's being presented to them and as long as it fits in with their own agendas they'll happily believe anything.

While most people don't actually have an agenda I get what your saying and I would think the same applies to you in this case. Why do you think MJ is now available through subscription in certain cases? Try educating yourself about cannabis, it's various uses and benefits then ask yourself why is it that despite all this positive research, it still remains mostly illegal?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far
What are cannabinoids and how do they work?

“Cannabinoids” is a blanket term covering a family of complex chemicals that lock on to cannabinoid receptors – protein molecules on the surface of cells.

Humans have been using cannabis plants for medicinal and recreational purposes for thousands of years, but cannabinoids themselves were first purified from cannabis plants in the 1940s. The structure of the main active ingredient of cannabis plants – delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) – was discovered in the 60s. It wasn’t until the late 1980s that researchers found the first cannabinoid receptor, followed shortly by the discovery that we create cannabinoid-like chemicals within our own bodies, known as endocannabinoids.

Can cannabinoids treat cancer?

Through many detailed experiments, handily summarised in this recent article in the journal Nature Reviews Cancer, scientists have discovered that various cannabinoids (both natural and synthetic) have a wide range of effects in the lab, including: Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis Stopping cells from dividing Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumours Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ – a process known as autophagy – which can lead to cell death

Unanswered questions

The biggest issue is that there isn’t enough evidence to show that they can treat cancer in people, although research is still ongoing around the world.

And it’s not clear which type of cannabinoid – either natural or synthetic – might be most effective, what kind of doses might be needed, or which types of cancer might respond best to them. So far there have been intriguing results from lab experiments with prostate, breast, lung cancer, skin, bone and pancreatic cancers, glioma brain tumours and lymphoma. But the take-home message is that different cannabinoids seem to have different effects on various cancer types, so they are far from being a ‘universal’ treatment.

You know what bothers me? Although it seems like they're researching and doing trial runs, there just doesn't seem to be an urgency in finding the cure. But, if something happened in outer space, and we needed to investigate it further, $$$$ would magically appear; and in a few years, we'd be up in space, making stupid observations.

It seems like technology is moving at light speed, but finding a "cure" for this disease is moving slower than a turtle's offspring. hahahahaha

IMHO, it doesn't seem like cancer is at the top of their "to do" list. It's not a priority. We'd rather have touchscreens and phones that answer silly questions.

Maybe, Siri has information to help us find a cure?

I think they have a cure, but they haven't figured out a way to make billions of dollars, annually, yet. That's what's the real deal. They're going to milk that chemo cow dry. Then, they'll give us the cure, at a hefty price!

Cancer is just another way for tptb to exterminate useless eaters.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Still, while I support the legalisation of marijuana, I do think there should be some sensible regulations.
Marijuana has been here, since the creation of Earth. Why and how can we regulate NATURE? That kills me. What's next? Should be regulate tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, potatoes, and every other part of nature?

The "man" has us completely brainwashed to their system of control.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The idea isn't to dull the senses as with Morphine, if anything MJ can heighten the senses. The idea as I understand it is that Cannabinoids found in cannabis can cure cancer.
Rick Simpsons work

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
marijuana still sitting on a big fat zero for cancer survival rates, you missed that.
its only use is as a painkiller, you missed that.
we can't cure every cancer, unfortunately the best bet for people is still chemo, in most cases.
your graphic has horribly skewed numbers.

how many have died due to lung cancer via marijuana use?
you missed that too...

You sure about that?

Feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. It's not the cannabis that kills cancer. Cannabis(oils mainly) stimulate our Endocannabinoid system to trigger a natural defense, that in turn kills cancer. I can't find one case of lung cancer directly related to smoking cannabis. In fact I have found multiple sources that say it actually lowers the risk of lung cancer. Inhaling burning plant matter is carcinogenic and never good for you. But the benefits of the cannabinoids actually outweigh the potential harm here.

The information you are citing has been cooked up by the tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies to deflect the fact their products kill millions of people every year.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee

Marijuana has been here, since the creation of Earth. Why and how can we regulate NATURE? That kills me. What's next? Should be regulate tomatoes, strawberries, lettuce, potatoes, and every other part of nature?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Alcohol vs Marijuana legalization is a perfect example of our society's compliance with the status quo.

Unfortunately, the people who question the status quo are held back by the people who blindly accept it. It's the unfortunate reality of having corrupt, secretive, and immoral governments.

I beleive A LOT of people will still have to wake up a bit, before any big changes can happen.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
Question for ya truthseekah. Plz reply. Im Very curious on alchemy and its evolution into modern times. Since evolution in time is a given.. Example, for instance evolution on this whole topic as a whole for one. When I was a child, about 10 years ago. Me and im sure others have noticed that this has always been an occuring topic. About the goverment wiping out society, leaving only the elite remaining. Yet 10 years ago the topic still was nestled and guarded by those who took the truth for granted and settled on a price, for basically the silence of knowledge. Weather it was a scientist who fell upon a new discovery, or music artists, or priests, etc. Theres many more people I am sure that have fallen upon the truth while fufilling thier true passion in life. Definetly most of the classic rock and rock n roll music from the 80's and 90's. But even earlier than that singers and writers like bob dylan, even then songs had hidden meanings. Which were way more complex to configure than the 80's and 90's rock. But I tell ya what. Being a kid with parents that rock. I was ALWAYS unaware of MOST of the messages within music. When I overheard metallica unforgiven
for the first time 5 years ago when I started becoming more and more awakened. It literally was like hearing the song for the first time. When I heard it as a child, my viewpoint with all music really. Was seeing my self in the same position. Wheather it pertained to me or not. Id focus on the small things in the song that just related to me or how I was feeling. Hearing unforgiven, then having those thoughts immediately after got me browsing through songs of the past with rock. And I am a fan of Rap. Reality rap lets call it. NO MAINSTREAM what so ever. Not to big a fan of rock. Well until I started breaking things down. And the song Master Of Puppets that drove me to this fight in life with truth. Anyway besides the fact. Now that I feel ive proven the point of evolution... Which sry it took that much to get the point across. Anyways my question to you is that, do you think in the creation of pharmaceuticals, in this paganistic country at one time was the evolution of modern day Alchemy?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee

Short true story. I'll shorten it up but I found myself owing the state of PA about $500 a long time ago. I was buying cigarettes from an online Indian reservation. Anyway...I looked up the law. If I were to grow my own tobacco and just for my consumption...I owe the state $13 per carton of harvested tobacco.

So...they are already doing so.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Some states have woken up, just like some countries here in Europe.

They have seen there is a great demand for it and are reaping the taxes. Of course we still have a number of conservatives who think they're winning the war on drugs.

I'm a Republican and I have nothing against decriminalizing marijuana (we need to unclog our courts & prisons for more serious issues) -- or the medical use of marijuana.

There seems to be anecdotal evidence that not only can marijuana make the cancer patient more comfortable, but that marijuana oil can put cancer in remission.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join