It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How About a Burger as You Sweat in a Sauna...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This just seems counter intuitive to me and kinda gross.

For those of you who have always wanted to eat a Whopper in the sauna. Well, if your visiting or live in Finland, you can now.
Sit back relax, sweat out toxins and eat a greasy burger... sounds relaxing(?) it's only a bit under $300 and you can watch t.v. and play video games too... way to veg out and ''get healthy''...!?!

Personally when I think of a sauna experience, I think of perhaps eating healthy and light(not sweating while I eat), drinking lots of water and clearing out my system of any build up and some exercise...sittin around eating a burger with folks while I sweat and playing video games... uh okay..people can do whatever they want.

Thought this was silly.
So, who wants to sweat and eat a burger?... theres TV and video games!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Burger King, home of the ass burger.

Maybe this one looked better on paper than in real life. I gag just thinking about it

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore Awe.. come on what's $300... you can order greasy fries instead, I'm sure, don't forget the video games!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Nice thread, peppycat.

So when I go on a date should I say "hey let's eat whoppers and sweat"! The date would slap me silly. Lol
edit on 5 17 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 I think its more of a group experience thing... just tell your date to bring some friends!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

How has this been ok'd by the government agency for Health Inspectors?

They better bleach that whole sauna down each time, idk how else you would get it clean enough.

Can you spell the acronym MRSA? lol

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok, hi peppycat. I know this our first date, my friend peppycat told me to take you to the BurgerKing Spa. How about it? Sounds like a fun date? "Slap" ouch!

LOL

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore lol! They better scrub the place down! Yuck!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Oops, invite some friends peppycat! This will be fun. LOL
Ok, I will stop now. I just like your thread!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 You'll just have to find a different date that's more open to eating a sweaty burger and playing video games or just take your co-workers for the chance to relax and talk business.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Ewe, I don't even eat meat. It's yuck city to me!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Maybe I have been doing it all wrong, but I never had any urge to eat while in a sauna.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12 It is truly bizarre and eating fast food is definitely not something I associate a spa experience with. Especially at the same time. Can't imagine this concept going very far... but you never know. Some people are strange... at least to me.
Glad you like the thread. I thought it to be gross yet very silly.😃

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguyLol! No I think you've got it right! I've been under the impression that a sauna is to help clear and cleanse your body.. but what do I know!?! Perhaps there are some new studies done on the cleansing effects of fast food?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Old custom is to heat sausages ( they were inside tinfoil bag ) on the stove and eating in sauna is not uncommon and is something that finnish people have done as long as they have had sauna´s ( pretty much always ) less nowadays tho.
If you take that as a sustainable development view.. no heat was wasted lol

hamburgers tho.. i wouldn´t go there... moist does not work well with buns

edit on 17-5-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well geez.
I grew up with a best friend that is Finnish. They had the Saturday night Sauna, ladies first.
They never offered me food in there.

That really is gross.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Old custom is to heat sausages ( they were inside tinfoil bag ) on the stove and eating in sauna is not uncommon and is something that finnish people have done as long as they have had saubna´s ( pretty much always ) less nowadays tho.
If you take that as a sustainable development view.. no heat was wasted lol

hamburgers tho.. i wouldn´t go there... moist does not work well with buns
That's interesting, thanks...sustaining heat if its cold out makes sense, but now I'm curious about the philosophy of eating some sausage while in a sauna and am going to look into it.
That it has been a long time practice would make sense as to why or how this fast food spa experience was thought up... soggy buns, lol... not appealing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well geez.
I grew up with a best friend that is Finnish. They had the Saturday night Sauna, ladies first.
They never offered me food in there.

That really is gross.
Not something I ever thought of doing... don't think I'm up to trying it.😃

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i love a good sauna - and after a proper sauna session i have great appetite. but not for fast food! more like gourmet food - can be vegetarian or wild boar with mushrooms but whatever i eat after sauna it must be very good !

after the sauna i would also drink a good wine or even beer and a schnapps at the end of a glorious day -but no coca cola and double whoppers. inside the sauna ? arrrg

my finish friend talks about drinking before during and after sauna ....he wouldn't be opposed to eat at 70ºCelsius ( finish sauna can be even hotter) it´s unbelievable. lol i have been to sweden and norway and those are crazy countries... but finland ? it´s a whole new dimension of crazy! wanna go there one day !

edit on 17-5-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

I agree, a good drink after a sauna works for me too!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join