It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Phobia suffix!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: ketsuko

Hmmm. Another question.

If I dislike gay people as a whole for whatever reason I'm a homophobe.

What if I dislike 1 gay person because, well, they are just annoying?? Am I one then?

No, then you're just being hateful. At least, I think that's the PC Newspeak. You aren't allowed to dislike someone unless they say and do things that are double plus ungood ...

Woah! Sorry, my inner Orwell was talking.

Maybe we should all report to the Ministry of Love.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

I posted a rant in a similar light about this - My experience was that while on a dating site, I was chatting with someone I thought was rather good looking. She broke the conversation off after looking at my profile, calling me a "Fataphobe" because of how it was worded. What did my profile say exactly?

I tend to like people that are more on the active side, as I am usually outdoors for most of the seasons.

Here's the kicker - I'm not exactly the most fit guy in the world, and she was definitely...skinnier than I am. If there's one thing I hate, it's people that do like you said: Make up words just so they can sound educated. (On the side, I gave her a bit of education on the DSM-IV at the time, and asked her to go find the word "fataphobe"...it's been years, and still, she hasn't found it).

My guess is that people feel that if you don't prefer something, you must be afraid of it. I'm a guy, and definitely not into dating other guys, but that's not because I'm afraid of them: It's just not my thing.

-foss

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So my PC "friends", let come up with a new word shall we??? That way I can avoid having to invent a new word for hating PC ###hats!

PCphobic

Done

Your welcome

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What sincerely annoys me is that if you have a dissenting opinion, particularly with regards to blacks or homosexuals, you are automatically labeled a bigot or homophobic, which is ridiculous.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Yes and these are the people they are all bent out of shape about being labeled HAHA such hypocrites. At least I know and admit I am an a##hole! Don't much care who likes it or not. If I call somebody a name, it is most likely because they just acted like whatever I called them. If you don't want to be stereotyped, don't act like one.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Ok so let's see....hmmmm.... That would mean that you have a phobia-phobia.

Ha ha ya I agree with u. They're trying to turn grown ups into pussys

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join