It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite comic book of 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hands down my favorite comic in 2004 was Astonishing X-men.

Written by Joss Whedon (Buffy and Angel creator) and penciled by John Cassaday (planetary) together they are arguably putting out the greatest X-Men books ever.
I am not a fan of Buffy or Angel so I was a bit concerned that Joss Whedon was going to be writing characters I've been reading about for more than 10 years. The guy blew me away with his treatment of these characters . He made each and every character real and important.
John Cassaday's art didn't impress me at first but by the end of issue 1 it had felt like I just watched a movie.

Astonishing X-men #4 had the return of Colossus who had been dead in the comics for about 3 years. His return was done so well. It was great to see especially when character deaths and returns are often treated with little respect for the characters and the readers.

I love this book. I even have my wife reading and loving it ( and she hates Buffy). I'd recommend it to anyone.

What was your favorite book in 2004?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think david mack is a genious.."kabuki" has everything i was looking for in a story.
And i recently discovered the noh characters and Scarab is my favorite by far...hence my nickname.

even the way its written, with all the poetry, it made me FEEL and i like feeling.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Umbrax how did they bring collosus back?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
Umbrax how did they bring collosus back?

bordnlazy, I can't tell you that anymore than you can tell someone the fate of Rorschach
. For real, go pick up the Astonishing X-men Vol. 1. It collects Astonishing X-men #1-6 (only issue 7 is on the shelf right now). It's like $12.95 or something. I was going to pick it up even though I have the books separately.
What I will say is that it totally felt like I was watching a movie and the characters reactions were classic.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OKay Okay , Even though I'm totally opposed to supporting Marvel right now(i'm still pissed about the avengers!!!!) I will pick it up this month!

top topics

join