It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force lays out what it needs from Boeing for next Air Force One

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Considering that they're just about down to single digit 747-200s around, and parts are getting incredibly scarce, it's necessary to build a new one. It would be hard to fit everything required onto a 787, even with all the miniaturizing in electronics.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm saying scrap it all together. It's great that we want to project an image to the world and all but no where in the Constitution does it say that the president is to be worshipped and glorified. It's an exceptional phenomenon. I can logically support defense spending but not spending to make rich men more comfortable while the average American can't even take an extra day off from work. Take the AF1's and give me 5 more LRS-B. Let the President get a ride on a nice new C-17 or KC-46.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do what I do, feed the beast. I like to get people all hyped up on completely crazy things and they are always completely enamored by completely ridiculous pseudo-science. Most people will believe almost anything. And most of those people will never check to see if you were telling the truth or not.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wow!!! Time really does fly. I had no idea the current aircraft have been in service since 1990! I saw the 707 once, really made my chest burst with pride. Damn good looking aircraft.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

haha!

Maybe it has control of the Alan Parsons project as well?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

You think all it does is carry the president? There's a lot more to it than just that. There are communications systems that other aircraft don't carry. You can't just throw them on to a C-17 or KC-46 to carry the president on a mission and then remove them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join