It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Give it a GD rest! Every thread doesn't have to be about trans people.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If it's one thing I am sick of hearing about it is transsexuals. This is only a big thing because someone wants it to be a big distraction. And furthermore I don't think it is a right, it is a disease.

I think sex and gender are the same thing. Gender is determined by your sex. If you want to be a different gender than your sex is, then I honestly think you have a chemical imbalance or mental illness, whether chemically or environmentally (abuse) based.

It is not something to be celebrated - it is something to be fixed.

Homosexuality is different; it has been around for millennia, but transgenderism is only a modern thing based on mental problems and the availability of surgery that doesn't even make a real 'woman' or 'man' where one didn't' exist before, it makes some sort of Frankenstein's monster that everyone looks at because they can tell it is not a natural process.

Rant over and now you can all flame me.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It was never a problem until now and it's election year. I think you understand what it really means. And who started the problem.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Give it a GD rest! Every thread doesn't have to be about trans people.

hear hear

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: eisegesis

I second this motion. Love me a fiery redhead.

We need to bring awareness to the issue, create new laws for their protection and give them a voice to tell the rest of the chaetophobes how to behave.

Warning: Irony ensues...

Many famous redheads have inspired us, the everyday redhead on the street still faces some ridiculous and shocking challenges. In 2003 a 20 year old was stabbed in the back for being ‘ginger’ and in 2007 a family of redheads in Newcastle were forced to move home after being targeted by neighbours for their hair colour. In a world preoccupied with political correctness and protecting the rights of people regardless of race, age or size, it is shocking to see a form of discrimination such as this overlooked by organisations like the Commission for Racial Equality, even though most people with red hair will experience anything from timid taunts to full blown violence throughout their lifetime.

The question is why are people with red hair targeted? The simple truth is that only 1 to 2% of the population is born with red hair, making them a minority. Throughout history society has victimised minorities. In other words, we, on a subconscious level, fear what is different and will victimise those who are different in any way to make ourselves feel better. As well as this, the victimisation and discrimination of redheads is still a crime largely beyond the reach of the law and until such time as it is recognised as unacceptable it will continue to be an issue.

Transgenders keep hogging the mic and meanwhile, another minority suffers.

(what an enlightening thread)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Why don't drone strike victims get a day of remembrance, but these people do? Ugly Americans indeed.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Rocker2013

I often wonder if they are the same in real life. I can't imagine hating on someone for their gender identity/sexuality etc.
It's a good job most bigots in my life are too # scared to share their bigotry in public for fear of the decent folks reaction.

Online though, they are fearless, it's all rather tragic.

This...is a ridiculous argument that I've read several times.

Let's just clear this up right now - you are right.

If I was sat in the canteen at work and an obviously male person entered dressed like Amy Winehouse, I wouldn't stand up and declare that I was disgusted.

You see, in the real world we have what are called manners. You filter out things like that and behave with a certain level of dignity.

This, however, is a forum where these discussions and debates are supposed to take place.

I'm assuming, given that you made that absurd comment that you do not conform to the standards of public decorum and simply cannot help but attack or condemn, in person, anyone who you dislike or disagree with.

And don't even try and lie to me and pretend that you don't dislike anyone and are not capable of being hateful. Your performance in this thread thus far would suggerst otherwise.

What this amounts to, really is this - if you don't agree...shut your mouth and say nothing.

I like how, in the midst of trying to fight what you believe to be the good fight, you come off as really intolerant and hateful.

Truth is I don't care that there's a day for anything...at all.

What I do think is unfair is to lump homosexuals in with transgender people.

Because my issue isn't with peoples sex lives at all, this is another, intentional if you ask me, misconception.

My issue is that in order for a man to be a woman, that the laws of physics must be defied. Not just by the person who harbours the idiotic belief that they're actually something they're not...but that we must also get into this li9ne of thinking. We must call what was once a he a her, and once a she a him.

I stand by my statements in past threads...no I wouldn't state such things to anyone in a public place because that is not an acceptable way to treat anyone. But this is a forum, you're happy to use it as a soapbox to spout your opinions and you've the audacity to brand people bigoted and intolerant.

Whll as far as I am concerned anyone who believes they are the opposite sex, in total defiance of reality is mentally unwell...so to lump regular homosexuals in with trans folk is bigoted and homophobic.

Because in order to be simply gay you don't need to pretend you're something you are not.

the mere fact that you can't even see that fundamental truth serves only to confirm my suspicious. Some people need proper help.
edit on 17-5-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I am definitely redheadaphobic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Like I told my wife when she asked me what my problem with trans folk is. You can put a feather duster in your butt, still don't make you a chicken.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Lol, who was talking about you? Bit touchy aren't we

A most interesting rant full of silly invented added value to my comments I must say. I shall leave you to your most obvious state of discontent.
Pull me up on my quoted words as they are typed, don't invent an agenda in my words...perhaps you need a calming cup of tea?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Such an amusing and witty retort...shame you wasted it making immature quips and completely sidestepped the numerous points I made.

In all fairness it didn't matter what option you chose, you were bound to back yourself into a corner so you dodged a bullet...well done.

Like I said - this is a thread, this isn't a private function, my witty, verbose friend!

I don't need to be addressed in order to partake...there you go being all despotic again.

Why don't you thrash some sense into me?
edit on 17-5-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
newsflash people, gay people are not really above top secret.

Really?. im sure there are some high ranking officials who are gay and kill to keep it a secret.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Lol, as I said, quote whichever specific text I've posted and pick bones in my actual words.
Your initial reply to me was mostly invented added value by your good self.
I'm happy to respond but not in the style you apparently choose in an online discussion forum.

*Edit*
I shall dismiss silly invented added value to my words, as I did in my previous response to you.
They are silly. But please do quote specifics from me to support your specific silly invented, but amusing, claims.

edit on 17.5.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I already did quote you and asked question...you have ignored that.

Would you openly speak out against someone you disagree with in a public setting?

Have you done this in the past?

Can you elaborate on this?

If not...then what exactly is your point with regards to people contributing to this thread - more specifically, people disagreeing with you in this thread.

Don't play dumb...I never added anything, I quoted you and then gave a response to that quote.

One of the great things about the written word is that you can go back and read it again if you failed the first time.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, your question is lame and seemingly pointless.
I said I never hear people being racist or whatever in life but see the big brave folk a'plenty online.
You seemed to take issue with that and then invented added value to my posted words.

Now, in say one paragraph, succinctly, what exactly do you think I've done wrong in this thread, aside from supporting a social demographic which is highlighting the abuse many do suffer around the world?
edit on 17.5.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Just to clarify....by speak out in public against someone you disagree with...let me re-word that question.

Have you ever confronted someone with an opinion regarding that person, their lifestyle, outwith a forum or debate?

You see, you make out like the people who disagree with you are somehow only expressing such opinions because they are safe, online.

The same, immature argument could be made by both sides, it's irrelevant and off-topic.

Don't delude yourself, and if people really want to be taken seriously in serious debates then stop playing these petty games.

Your intention isn't to make a valid point by making statements like that, it's an attempt to insult people. Yeah, most of us wouldn't just barge our way through life being brutally honest with everyone we met, it'd be carnage.

We have designated spaces for these things...think of it as the polar opposite to the "safe space" we keep hearing so much about. This is one of those spaces...people come here specifically to have debates like this.

You call people bigots then you use this type of deceitful strongarming in an attempt to discredit and cheapen your opponents and it kinda smacks of desperation.

And now you go all dumb on us and pretend like you don't understand the point I made.

You know what, I don't even care if you answer my question because I shan't be reading any more from you.

Get over it...or don't get involved.

Besides, I doubt that if this debate were taking place in a public place you'd have made the comments you did.

Probably out of fear.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

...people who measure stars

Astronomers?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
Besides, I doubt that if this debate were taking place in a public place you'd have made the comments you did.

Probably out of fear.
Which comments specifically?
I'm dismissing the rest of your post as more silly invention on your part, because that is all it is.

Quote the specific offending remarks and I'll deal with them happily.

And yep, I'll say again, I never hear bigots in the real world, only online. Does that statement trouble you or something?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
If it's one thing I am sick of hearing about it is transsexuals. This is only a big thing because someone wants it to be a big distraction. And furthermore I don't think it is a right, it is a disease.

I think sex and gender are the same thing. Gender is determined by your sex. If you want to be a different gender than your sex is, then I honestly think you have a chemical imbalance or mental illness, whether chemically or environmentally (abuse) based.

It is not something to be celebrated - it is something to be fixed.

Homosexuality is different; it has been around for millennia, but transgenderism is only a modern thing based on mental problems and the availability of surgery that doesn't even make a real 'woman' or 'man' where one didn't' exist before, it makes some sort of Frankenstein's monster that everyone looks at because they can tell it is not a natural process.

Rant over and now you can all flame me.

Its funny. transgenders have been around a long time actually. Not in the US alot but they have been around. And Alot of transgenders you would not even know they were so there goes your man in drag argument.

WHat would you say IF we treated people of your mindset as defective? Would you want to be fixed? COnformity isnt a great thing to strive for.

Genders mental. SEX is the actual parts you have. ALso DSM 5 has declared Gender dysphoria is NOT a mental illness.

Transgenders dot go around claiming to be a natural woman or man either after surgery. perpetuating propaganda does not make it true.

Your opinion does not come into this argument. Plenty of science backs it up youre not correct.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
... when they make a "DAY" for everything, then it takes away from issues that Should be important.

How does that work? Declaring an "ATS Day" for example, would "take away" from important issues, HOW?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join