It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
*Reads every post in topic*

*Long, weary sigh*

Sometimes I feel like if I said, "I'm happy today. Anyone want to go get some coffee and bagels for the hell of it?" in a rare moment of social confidence owing to a particularly positive outlook I might wake up with miraculously one day (which never happens, but I digress,) someone somewhere would be absolutely sure to say, "Pfft, no! Why are you so damn happy? Screw coffee, and bagels are full of carbs. Learn how to eat. Better yet, just stay home."

That's how every... single... topic on the internet feels these days. Reading topics these days is the empathetic and emotional equivalent of wading through glue and mud with lead weights around my ankles, trying to reach the exit.

You know what? It's probably just me. I think the time has come once again for a break from the internet. Or Earth.

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

This song says it all for me on this topic

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

Everyone should as hatred and racism (of any kind) affects us all whether they realize it or not, but you don't have to care if you don't want to haha

Umm and what exact race do gays, lesbians and transgenders fall into?

Just asking because I see this race issue brought up a lot in this engagement, and no one yet has been able to tell me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
I think the time has come once again for a break from the internet. Or Earth.

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

I think it's definitely time to take a break from ATS.
ATS is becoming a cesspool of bigotry and hate, it's been getting steadily worse for the last couple of months and I'm done with it.

The motto here is Deny Ignorance, but it seems that ignorance is positively embraced when so many of the moderators share those ignorances.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

ATS is becoming a cesspool of bigotry and hate, it's been getting steadily worse for the last couple of months and I'm done with it.

The motto here is Deny Ignorance, but it seems that ignorance is positively embraced when so many of the moderators share those ignorances.

Yes, and you seem to be at the forefront of it, but are so blinded by your cause, you can't see it. Go back and read your posts on just this thread.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

*Reads every post in topic*

*Long, weary sigh*

Sometimes I feel like if I said, "I'm happy today. Anyone want to go get some coffee and bagels for the hell of it?" in a rare moment of social confidence owing to a particularly positive outlook I might wake up with miraculously one day (which never happens, but I digress,) someone somewhere would be absolutely sure to say, "Pfft, no! Why are you so damn happy? Screw coffee, and bagels are full of carbs. Learn how to eat. Better yet, just stay home."

That's how every... single... topic on the internet feels these days. Reading topics these days is the empathetic and emotional equivalent of wading through glue and mud with lead weights around my ankles, trying to reach the exit.

You know what? It's probably just me. I think the time has come once again for a break from the internet. Or Earth.

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

*Only read half-way through*

*Same long, weary sigh*

It isn't just you. It is scary just how eerily accurate your post feels...I am literally considering cancelling the internet here, simply because it is where "negative" seems to congregate these days - and my real life just doesn't look like that. I rather enjoy cultivating positivity and joy on the daily, and that LOA or karma or whatever must work because I see the same reflected back to me.

You really do get what you seek, too bad more people don't believe that possible. For what it's worth, I would love to go and have a coffee with you, and a delicious bagel WITH full fat cream cheese, in public and flaunting happiness everywhere.

Like someone said earlier in this thread; leave the haters to their echo-chamber.

(I'm gonna follow the rainbow.)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

Yes, and you seem to be at the forefront of it, but are so blinded by your cause, you can't see it. Go back and read your posts on just this thread.

Did you not read the comments on this thread?

If someone had started a thread with "Hey everyone, today is International Day Against Child Abuse", do you think you would have seen posts responding with "Who cares", or "This is dumb", or "When is there going to be a day for me?".

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: network dude

Be back in a few weeks.

Peace.

Did you not read the comments on this thread?

If someone had started a thread with "Hey everyone, today is International Day Against Child Abuse", do you think you would have seen posts responding with "Who cares", or "This is dumb", or "When is there going to be a day for me?".

Yea,

originally posted by: grainofsand
Many true colours showing in this thread.
I reckon a load of folk replying here would totally freak if they lived in my area, quite a large trans community because it is a tolerant place.

I'm actually surprised all these ignoramuses are here on ATS, I always thought trailer parks in the redneck states had really bad Internet connections.

It's probably just me.
edit on 18-5-2016 by network dude because: it's hard to take a bigot seriously when he whines about bigots.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It was a response to the hate that was spewed previously on the thread. If someone hits me first, I'm going to hit back. Wouldn't you?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why would I be a biggot for not liking to be called scared? I have 2 gay friends, and 2 that don't know they are.

Your 2 friends don't know they are gay, but you do? That's a hell of a talent you have there - for being condescending.

Do you trot out your black friends too when someone calls you racist? Hopefully they at least know they're black and don't need you to tell them so.
edit on 18-5-2016 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It was a response to the hate that was spewed previously on the thread. If someone hits me first, I'm going to hit back. Wouldn't you?

Ah, here is that love and tolerance I keep hearing about.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Dude, even God doesn't have tolerance for people who do bad things to other people.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

no, but to say things like "you don't know what it's like to have people judge you for what you look like" "You are just a ignorant redneck in a trailer park". Then break off on a tangent about how you must hate black people too, well, it's about the most stupid thing I have ever heard. If you want to champion a cause, great, but know that you are known by the company you keep.

If you want to preach tolerance, and you want to be taken seriously, practice what you preach. Otherwise, you are just another hypocrite in a big pot of ignorance stew.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The last time I tried to post in one of those threads about gun rights being taken away, I said something about the need for gun restrictions to keep us all safe. I got jumped on by about 15 other posters accusing me of being anti-liberty, anti-constitution and anti-American. That was their very angry response to my post - and I wasn't even being hateful! I hate guns. What about my freedom to not have them around me in public? Too bad, they said. So, the people complaining about their own freedom were telling me to clam up about my freedom. Ironic, huh?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's because it's not about giving each other equal rights. It's about taking rights for oneself. The former is the correct path. Give others rights. Give others equality. It's our responsibility.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think you misunderstand the notion of home/trans phobia.

No one is saying you have to agree, just don't hate and discriminate on the basis of that hatred.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here's the way it works in an ideal world: everybody goes about their business everyday in a productive and respectful manner, not allowing any trivial differences in others (race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, familial status, veteran status, or disability) to affect how we act and react together.

Or, as we used to say: "Don't start nuthin' - won't be nuthin'."

AKA "Live and let live. "

AKA "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Easy. Peasy.
edit on 18-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The last time I tried to post in one of those threads about gun rights being taken away, I said something about the need for gun restrictions to keep us all safe. I got jumped on by about 15 other posters accusing me of being anti-liberty, anti-constitution and anti-American. That was their very angry response to my post - and I wasn't even being hateful! I hate guns. What about my freedom to not have them around me in public? Too bad, they said. So, the people complaining about their own freedom were telling me to clam up about my freedom. Ironic, huh?

I suppose if this topic was guns, you might have a point, but the topic is not guns, it's the constant barrage of LGBT topics that currently inundate us. Perhaps you might want to start a thread on how much you don't like guns.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Interesting ... a "barrage of LBGT" topics that are more often than not started by conservatives complaining about others.

I suggest that if a topic is of no/low interest to you, don't click on it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Domo1
How is using accurate adjectives to describe behavior rude? It is accuracy.

It's not like these people are masking it somehow.

'Insufferable bigots' and 'ugly Americans' are general characterizations you made of people you disagree with. You are personally attacking people for having a different opinion to yourself. You accuse others of being rude and request them to stop, but you proceed to be rude yourself. You are acting hypocritical, but i expect nothing less of a person who admits to starting a thread to 'piss off' the right-wing members of the site.

And before you say anything, i don't identify as a conservative or a progressive. I couldn't really give a # about these meaningless games. I'm sick and tired of seeing all this #.
edit on 18-5-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join