It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Gee, I thought this thread was about an international day AGAINST homophobia and transphobia, not a rally cry for it?

I've gotta tell ya, it boggles the mind.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Hatred and division is more appealing to some

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

You've got a lot of nerve asking people to keep it positive. You also lost points with me by not letting someone more deserving of the stars and flags start this thread... you know, like an actual gay person.

That's like saying only Hillary supporters should start Hillary threads and only they deserve stars and flags for doing so.

That makes no sense.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yep...

We won again, you missed it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Gee, I thought this thread was about an international day AGAINST homophobia and transphobia, not a rally cry for it?

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

I bet if someone like JadeStar or ToTheTenth would've started this thread, it would've gone down much differently.

What you're witnessing isn't backlash against gays and trans people, it backlash against the world domination cult that is exploiting you for the purpose of advancing their political goals.

Goals that are gonna land you in a shallow grave right next to me.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Sheesh, and.....
another thread goes up in flames due to the right-wing takeover of ATS.

Holy #. Are you for real?

you must be new here. A hint for you, In May of the year 2016, if you identify as a conservative republican, you are the devil. And likely a homophobe.

My God, the victim mentality is strong.

...in you? My God, you don't see the irony in what you just wrote?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You've got a lot of nerve asking people to keep it positive when that was never your intention or the intention of this holiday to begin with. You also lost points with me by not letting someone more deserving of the stars and flags start this thread... you know, like an actual gay or trans person.

Seriously?

Bone, seriously?

I'm so very sorry I didn't ask around about who might want to post it.
My bad. I was surfing the internet looking at designs for remodeling and saw that Google had this day highlighted. So, I made a thread.

Who would you like me to hand the baton off to, then?

I guess I had no right. I'm crushed...truly heartbroken --- that I've lost points with you, my dearest Bone. Because I really love your avatar....it's awesome. I'd hate to have to associate that image with someone who hates me just because I made a thread when it was out of my league!!!!

????????

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I bet if someone like JadeStar or ToTheTenth would've started this thread, it would've gone down much differently.

What you're witnessing isn't backlash against gays and trans people, it backlash against the world domination cult that is exploiting you for the purpose of advancing their political goals.

Goals that are gonna land you in a shallow grave right next to me. I bet if someone like JadeStar or ToTheTenth would've started this thread, it would've gone down much differently.

Goals that are gonna land you in a shallow grave right next to me.

Dude, what in the name of God is your problem?

Any one of those members (including Freija) could have posted it - so could you have done - how do you even begin to justify trying to make it about you???

Would you like to take it over?
Be My Guest.

Please. Take it over. Have Tenth bin it. Report it to whoever.
Just don't think it's about you - or about me - because it isn't.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut

Promiscuity, in ALL its forms, presents a public health risk. Sexually transmitted diseases are a problem that we can limit.

Homosexual lifestyles, as commonly expressed, are promiscuous. Figures released recently pointing to a higher infidelity in lesbian relationships, than in any other.

Are you serious?

Are you not aware of the increase in extra-marital activity among consenting committed partners?

Yes, STDs are something we can address/limit.
Promiscuity is a fact of human nature. You can not legislate chastity. It doesn't work, and never has.

Because no-one in history has ever abstained?

Because most societies for thousands of years have never promoted monogamy and opposed promiscuity?

You seem to be talking about a different species. Promiscuity is not, and has not, been the norm, now or in the past.

That most have appetites for promiscuity is not in question. Some have appetites for pedophilia or murder, it does not justify them taking action to appease those appetites.

Nor did I suggest we should "legislate chastity", I suggested that we should not promote promiscuity.

Aren't you aware that self-control and discipline are oppressive and bigoted? Mindlessly giving into your urges is the cool, natural thing to do. Encouraging promiscuity on TV shows that kids watch is totally normal, man. It definitely isn't setting anyone up for future problems in life.

All those ancient philosophers who preached self-discipline were full of it, they were just ignorant savages. Screwing like animals and devaluing an intimate part of the human experience is the progressive thing to do.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

Yep...

We won again, you missed it.

you wish.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I stand with transgender and all people who have not been afforded equal rights due to choices made in their personal lives. End the hatred. End the passive aggressive display of pretend indifference. Accept peace and friendship into your lives as we are all humans who share life together.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Would be more interested if we had an international day of "president obozo stops funding ISIS".

But hey lets have another day to celebrate the new age of victimhood

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Despite feeling that gestures like these are done mainly for political purposes and not social development as most people think, I do support the existence of days like these.

Why? Because there are still countries that jail, torture and even murder people just for being LGBTI. Whether you believe homosexuality is a choice or transgenderism is a mental illness, people who identify with this group should not be subjected to harassment and violence just because they identify as such.

Will days like these force countries that do oppress LGBTI people to change their ways? Probably not, but at least we can help spread the message that violence against LGBTI people due to their sexual orientation and sexual identity is wrong and should be condemned.

edit on 18/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Whatever I say here though, I like you Buzzy, you're a good old lady. Got a good heart I suspect.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Nothing to celebrate here folks, just people being people.. The irony is, in 50 years people will point and stare going 'he's heterosexual, what's wrong with him?!'

People always want to be different.. We have sacrificed so much as a whole so individuals can be satisfied, while some individuals will never be satisfied. Some people want to be vilified, it proves they are different, so they go looking for it.

Mind your own business, satisfy your own needs. Your life is your life and my life is my life. I'm tired of having to be the bigger person just so people don't get in my face, I'm tired of always having to compromise for others who will probably never be satisfied. Learn to be happy with what you have! We have so much, but to some it's so little... Heaven is what you make of it, here and now.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I believe this proves my point. Always the individual getting in your face. Buzzy, good work for being the bigger person

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

Millions of LGBT people around the world who are systematically denied equal rights and freedoms - or worse - based on nothing but who they love, their gender or identity.

But let me guess, because that's not you, their rights and freedoms are meaningless and a waste of time?

I think your statement is actually part of the problem. Gay and trans people ARE given equal rights in the USA. They have all the same rights as everyone else. Just be sure to look up what rights people have.

Here are a few things you may consider rights...that aren't.

They don't have a right to use any bathroom they wish.
They don't have a right to demand acceptance...just tolerance.
They don't have a right to demand special "rights".
They don't have a right to anything that isn't given to the general public.
They don't have a right to be liked.

There will always be people who are intolerant of gay/trans/etc. But there are also those intolerant to people with long hair, smokers, the disabled, etc. It doesn't make it right...but it isn't a right either to be accepted.

PS: Not liking someone or not agreeing with someone is not hate nor phobia. That is a lie in itself and used by people who wish to make this issue larger than it is.
edit on 5/18/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

Do you require a parade and for everyone around you to acknowledge the fact that you are good with your sexual choices?

Nope but then again nobody ever says they're "forced to accept" me either. Nobody ever says crap like they'd "rather not have [my heterosexual] lifestyle thrown in their faces" either.

This is typical authoritarian conservative thinking in my opinion. It's as though conservatives believe that other people require their acceptance. What's ironic to me is that days like this seem to essentially be about people trying to get that acceptance.

So in a way, it's this conservative need to have the power to approve or disapprove of other people that causes other people to seek their approval in the first place. In other words, conservatives are whining about something that they cause to exist with their illiberal mindsets and if they would just stop thinking that they have a right to tell people who to be or how to live then there wouldn't be an "International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia" for them to whine about.

I am really glad you worded your post like this. It helps me to make the point I tried to before. Yes, my views are that of a conservative. Yours are that of a liberal. You make that clear as I do. Now the difference here is we both are certain our view is the correct one. I voiced my opinion on an online opinion based site as did you. So it seems we don't agree on this. Does that make me some sort of monster? Does that make you some sort of criminal? Nope, it just shows that people are different. In my area, a lot of people think the way I do. Family values, personal responsibility, religious values. It's just how we live our lives and believe it should be.

LA California is a very different place then where I am. They think differently, they act differently. It's a different place. The difference here is I am not going to California screaming for them to change how they think. I understand that's how things are out there. And If that's what I wanted, I'd move there. It's not. So I stay where I feel most comfortable.

I respect your opinion and your right to believe whatever you wish. And I sincerely hope that everyone can be happy with who they are. Is it wrong to ask that I get the same in return?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mulder85

originally posted by: network dude

Sheesh, and.....
another thread goes up in flames due to the right-wing takeover of ATS.

Holy #. Are you for real?

you must be new here. A hint for you, In May of the year 2016, if you identify as a conservative republican, you are the devil. And likely a homophobe.

My God, the victim mentality is strong.

...in you? My God, you don't see the irony in what you just wrote?

Um yea, it's kind of the point. I am glad you got it. My energy wasn't wasted.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join