It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: samerulesapply
a reply to: samerulesapply
And yep, I'll say again, I never hear bigots in the real world, only online. Does that statement trouble you or something?

Well...who's oppressing all the trans people? Is it all taking place online?

More lies...you've never met a bigot in person?

Why don't I believe you...presumably you spend your days as part of a long-running live debate?

I dknow you think my point is silly, off-topic and doesn't lead anywhere...that's the problem with people like you.

In order to understand why you don't understand - you first must understand.

But I ain't able to teach you.

Because I'm scared of you, naturally.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Oh I've met a few bigots over the years, I don't know if anyone in my current social circles is, they don't share it with me, so I assume I don't know any.
My you seem obsessed with finding something to claim I have done wrong lol.

Try again if you like, but you know the inventing added value thing? It's lame, but still mildly amusing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't really mind if any group has a day, in the end.

Google is our master now, so be it.

My day is pretty much almost over since I live in the UK and the first I knew what this day was supposedly about was about an hour or so ago when I saw the title to this thread.

This had zero impact on my day, whatsoever. None of those allocated days ever seem to matter much in my real life so I don't suppose it's a big deal in the end.

Hopefully, one day - Google will put a big, toothless grin on my redneck, gun-toting, prejudiced face and declare bigots day, a day when we're not denied the right to spout our inbred opinion on a public forum.

Intolerance will be tolerated for a single day out of every year...and slack-jawed old simpletons like me, a middle aged white boy from Scotland...can come online and say mean things without getting into trouble.
edit on 17-5-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hopefully, one day - Google will put a big, toothless grin on my redneck, gun-toting, prejudiced face and declare bigots day, a day when we're not denied the right to spout our inbread opinion on a public forum.

Who is advocating you lose the right to post your views online? Not me.
I am simply exercising my right to make reasoned comment about said views.

I advocate your right to say whatever you wish, as you must advocate my right to respond.
I only ever see intolerance online, so I respond there as I would in real life.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do you live in Narnia or something?

I can imagine a world without bigotry and intolerance, if my entire world was within the confines of my house.

I was never trying to convince anyone of anything, nor did I make up or add anything to your quoted. Everything I quoted can be read again, your previous post is still there.

The only thing you've done effectively is dodge multiple bullets...you're wasted here, you should be taking out ISIS single handedly - they're bigots too.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The IRA were a bunch of sell outs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You're only saying that because you're online.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Do you live in Narnia or something?

I can imagine a world without bigotry and intolerance, if my entire world was within the confines of my house.

Perhaps I do live in a nicer place, and/or just have nicer social circles compared to yourself.

I was never trying to convince anyone of anything, nor did I make up or add anything to your quoted. Everything I quoted can be read again, your previous post is still there.

Oh please, you made it up as you went along, inventing rubbish lol.
What exactly were my specific offending words exactly?

The only thing you've done effectively is didge multiple bullets...you're wasted here, you should be taking out ISIS single handedly - they're bigots too.

Lol, what are you on about, all I've said in this thread is that I support a minority social demographic choosing to highlight the abuse they suffer, and that I only see bigoted views expressed online.
What possible problem could you have with that?!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

You're only saying that because you're online.

No i have said it many times before. I also say that of our local KKK members. I have even invited a few to come visit but so far have declined. Mainly because i document all my post. lol.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Firstly, I must say that I support all agendas against hatred (on any grounds). Hatred is wrong. Phobia's, however, are not.

Secondly, I draw a distinction between acts of hatred and promotion of acceptance of particular sexual orientations.

Promiscuity, in ALL its forms, presents a public health risk. Sexually transmitted diseases are a problem that we can limit.

Homosexual lifestyles, as commonly expressed, are promiscuous. Figures released recently pointing to a higher infidelity in lesbian relationships, than in any other.

So, while I applaud the concept of an International day against Homophobia and Transphobia as anti-hate, I cannot in all conscience support it in an anti-phobic sense or in regard to it being used to promote promiscuous lifestyles.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The fact that I don't believe you.

Yeah, have a go at my social circle now...they're all bigots.

I come from a small village populated by bigots...but we all live in secret, bigot purgatory and only live out our bigotted fantasies online.

Honestly, yous don't know how hard it is.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dont mind gay people or anyone to what their sexual preferences are, only thing i dont like is having it shoved in my face on a day to day basis which in turn does piss me off. Their is far more in life and the world going on right now, we dont need people shoving their sexual orientations into our faces everyday.

I mean seriously who gives a s%t??? Is their even a heterosexuals day? I doubt it? Part of the reason why people have hatred towards this subject is because its shoved in our face all the time. Its like gays/transsexuals want to incite anger and then point the finger boohooing it because we dont like it, so in turn we are the bad guys and are homophobes etc

Too many drama queens about if you ask me, lol

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The fact that I don't believe you.
About what? Me not being aware of any bigots in my social circles?
If you don't believe me then debate will be ruined. Why would you not believe that?

Yeah, have a go at my social circle now...they're all bigots.
You apparently are the one who doesn't believe I am unaware of any bigots in my social circles. That is rather telling don't you think?

I come from a small village populated by bigots...but we all live in secret, bigot purgatory and only live out our bigotted fantasies online.

Honestly, yous don't know how hard it is.

Sounds a horrible place to live. You have my sympathy.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Capital Trans Pride day will be taking place in DC this Saturday and I will be in attendance. It's ok haters the world needs you guys too. We may not want you around but we need you to remind us of what not to be and how not to act. Your here to be the shadow to our light so go ahead keep on hating and I'm going to keep on shining.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I never claimed you had any bigots in your social circle, I asked had you even spoken out against a bigot in person outwith a forum or debate.

Just because you encounter a person doesn't mean they're part of your social circle.

I don't make assumption like that. I don't understand why you're fixating on this, all I did was repond to a comment you made...you definitely did make it, it's still there.

No smoke and mirrors here.

I'm happy with this situation, I'm playing it straight and you're going the opposite road. It's fine...one of us appears quite deceitful and the other does not.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Promiscuity, in ALL its forms, presents a public health risk. Sexually transmitted diseases are a problem that we can limit.

Homosexual lifestyles, as commonly expressed, are promiscuous. Figures released recently pointing to a higher infidelity in lesbian relationships, than in any other.

Are you serious?

Are you not aware of the increase in extra-marital activity among consenting committed partners?

Yes, STDs are something we can address/limit.
Promiscuity is a fact of human nature. You can not legislate chastity. It doesn't work, and never has.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I never claimed you had any bigots in your social circle, I asked had you even spoken out against a bigot in person outwith a forum or debate.

Is that all you're whinging about? Lol!
Yes I've responded to bigots many times in real life over the years. Pretty much the same as I do online, calm and reasoned.
Most bigots get angry about that in my experience though so I have had to use reasonable legal force to defend myself at times.

I'm no different online really than in real life. Chosen words witnesses will hear are essential when convincing the Crown Prosecution Service that one has indeed used reasonable defensive force.

What exactly are you trying to argue about again?
edit on 17.5.2016 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

just don't understand why you find it so hard to believe that the people opposing you online would oppose you offline in a reasonable setting.

Apparently you don't need a setting...and will use force when necessary. Not sure what you mean by legal force but I shan't ask you any more question since it took you almost an hour to understand the first one.

But I'll assume that by legal force you mean running away, crying.

I mean if you're brave enough to be so outspoken in person why is it so hard to believe the people opposing you aren't the same? I see that you've a cavalier attitude towards the bigots you spent half an hour pretending you'd never encountered before.

Go you!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Besides...

nobody is the exact same online as they are offline...you've given me many reasons over the last page or so to know that you are a dishonest person.

I don't believe you're the exact same in real life as you are online any more than I believed you had never met a bigot up there in Trumpton or wherever it is you are from.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Hopefully, one day - Google will put a big, toothless grin on my redneck, gun-toting, prejudiced face and declare bigots day, a day when we're not denied the right to spout our inbread opinion on a public forum.

Who is advocating you lose the right to post your views online? Not me.
I am simply exercising my right to make reasoned comment about said views.

I advocate your right to say whatever you wish, as you must advocate my right to respond.
I only ever see intolerance online, so I respond there as I would in real life.

I am a straight white male, and have witnessed the intolerance in person and up close. When I lived in rural central Florida, my best friend, in fact the best man at my wedding, was a 6'4" gay black man. I have had the words n***** lover muttered at me as folks walked by us in our travels, we used to do a lot of car shows, fortunately very few knew he was actually gay, or it might not have stopped with muttering.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join