It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Elementalist

How do you prove something you can't see or measure? Oh right, you don't.

That was my point.

The title of the thread isn't accurate, as you say, it has not been proven and probably cannot be.

When interviewed after the experiment, the 2000 test subjects all had the same response when questioned: "..................".
edit on 5172016 by XP100 because: typo

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
Well we don't know, do we? If there is something, maybe you can't 'come back'...

Buddhists come back, or rather the body dies and the spirit remains.

Like everything, people will believe different things from studies like this, but at the end of the day, only our dying will prove whether we persist after death.

For me... Well, I have seen enough to think that we persist. Perhaps those who think we don't just fade away. My wife had an OBE after a serious car crash when she was young. She just thinks what will be, will be; but then she's just a laid back type with a strong dislike of people who drive mercs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The OP's article offers nothing new to the subject, in as much as to present or provide incontrovertible facts that human awareness continues in a disembodied state. Regardless of your personal belief, or claim for a personal experience of out-of-body state, no evidence can brought forth in support of the following; a) awareness continues after the complete cessation of biological and electro-chemical activity, even at cellular level, and b) that temporary disembodied awareness, even if proven, does not automatically correlate to an afterlife.

No one has returned from complete death, particularly when death was caused by the destruction of the brain.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Dr Eben Alexander is the closest we have and the fact that he was an aethist Neurosurgeon, he knew exactly what happens to the brain during the type of bacterial meningitis he had and in 99% of cases it results in death.
He was brain dead for a considerable period of time and for all intents and purposes should be dead.
His brain was ravaged by the disease and they have evidence that he was brain dead and it was a miracle that he regained any speech or mobility, but he has completely recovered.
He had a very vivid near death experience that completely changed the way he now perceives the world.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Where's the groundbreaking study?

All I see is a few paragraphs on the study in the link provided.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

was it anything like Jungs....

www.near-death.com...

OBEs fascinate me

Regards, Dave.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

i will be looking more into this one...... thanks *

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Where's the groundbreaking study?

All I see is a few paragraphs on the study in the link provided.

Researcher Dr Sam Parnia has a book on it.

ACTUAL VERSUS NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES

The second part of the book talks about actual death experiences (ADEs) - the experiences of people who have gone beyond the threshold of death and come back. The study of these experiences is an inadvertent consequence of the resuscitation work described in the first part. As the boundaries between life and death are constantly pushed back, and more and more patients come back from cardiac arrest (death), they may report what happened when they died (1). Since these patients went beyond the threshold of death and entered the period after death, ADEs provide an indication of what we're all likely to experience during death.

Continued...

STUDIES OF ACTUAL DEATH EXPERIENCES

Parnia explains how 4 recent studies (8), (9), (10), (11) have attempted to standardize what they were studying by focusing on ADEs and by studying patients’ recollections and experiences during death by cardio-pulmonary criteria (cardiac arrest) whilst most earlier studies focused on examining the occurrence of conventional NDEs (by focusing on predetermined features such as those of the Greyson scale) and not on cognitive experiences during the wider experience of death.

Source
Goes on to say the results of the studies have been published in peer reviewed journals.

Also see,
This source says the results do not prove NDEs or OBES - See here
edit on 17-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9
a reply to: bknapple32

Sure there is life after death. Only it is not your life. Others continue to live and attempt to organize themselves based on what they know. It is very self-centered to imagine that you live forever. Wouldn't the universe get crowded?

I have heard the expression we are multidimensional / spiritual / energy beings having a human experience.
If we are pure energy then it is more special to be born human from your perspective than it is to return to pure energy.

The physical universe on which to have a material existence is much more limited than the energy world

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: bknapple32
Whatever your view on death is, one thing we can agree on is we really have no clue what happens. However the more of these studies we do, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.

Very true, nobody will ever know... Not until they die.

It's been estimated that 170,000,000,000 people have lived and died throughout the existence of earth. You'd think that 1 of those would have come back told us what life after death is like (well, excluding Jesus, if that's your sort of thing).

IMO, because each of us lives hundreds (or more!) of lives in places all over the universe, there is a 2-way SAFETY VALVE in place which erases memories of everything that happened before our transition out of this body and what occurs during our time "at home", after starting our next life.

It would make living a human life impossible, if we had memories of all the lives we've lived, as well as our heavenly source-home experiences. (i.e. Your daughter today, could have been your mother 14 lifetimes ago...etc.)

-cwm

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: bknapple32
Whatever your view on death is, one thing we can agree on is we really have no clue what happens. However the more of these studies we do, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.

Very true, nobody will ever know... Not until they die.

It's been estimated that 170,000,000,000 people have lived and died throughout the existence of earth. You'd think that 1 of those would have come back told us what life after death is like (well, excluding Jesus, if that's your sort of thing).

Quite a few of them have including children.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Even with evidence that thoughts (and consciousness) still exist after the death of the body (and its heart), there will still be people saying this isn't evidence.

Some people, for whatever reason, don't want to accept that there is an afterlife, even with more and more evidence like this, children talk about their past life with details that even shocks the parents, and Near Death Experiences where people have died saw their grand parents and learned family secrets whch the parents did not want to tell them. Look at CatFish the Tv Show and that episode where Courtney just happen to know family secrets from Kayla's father who passed away , even things that the family did not tell Kayla; the entire family was shocked.

With better technology and the internet, more people will be able to speak about their experiences with receiving information from the spirit realm and science will bring even more evidence. Maybe some people do not want to believe in the spirit world because they were taught negative or scary things about it, but all people who had a Near Death Experience grew in Loving Kindness, regardless of their religious beliefs and what or who they saw on the otherside.

Fear seems to be a big reason why people do not want to accept it, but the spirit world is as natural as this world (regardless of what Hollywood movies or urban legends says).

Yes, there is negative and positive just like this world but Compassionate people like to hang around Compassionate people whether in this world or in Spirit so there is nothing to fear.

Just as you have Love from family and friends in this world, you have Love from beings on the otherside and without the fear of death and survival which turns people hateful and stingy that Love can easily remain.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: bknapple32

Yes there is something after death and it was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had.

Cant get much more surreal than replying to a dead man.
How do you access ats?
Do they have fibre on the 'other side or are they still using copper?

If there is consciousness after death then that would seem to imply that consciousness is separate from the physical?

What about when we simply pass out, if consciousness is separate then shouldn't we still be aware?

I'm not knocking the idea that something may persist after death, I'm just wondering how we would explain our ability to be unconscious if consciousness is separate from the physical.

I will add that I am convinced Mr Dog hung around for several days after his last ever visit to the dog doctor.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

If there is consciousness after death then that would seem to imply that consciousness is separate from the physical?

What about when we simply pass out, if consciousness is separate then shouldn't we still be aware?
I'm not knocking the idea that something may persist after death, I'm just wondering how we would explain our ability to be unconscious if consciousness is separate from the physical.

Have you ever woke up and it seemed like you didn't have a dream, like you were just unconscious and then woke up but then you remember that you actually did have a dream?

That unconsciousness was not real, it just seemed like unconsciousness until you remembered that you actually did have a dream.
edit on 17-5-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have been there. Heart was stopped beating for more than 3 minutes. A mate was doing CPR on me. Had the full out of body experience nine yards. I watched the paramedics load me into the ambulance and drive off. Then i floated up into the sky. Then i got three shots of Nalaxone/Narcan in the ambulance after en route and i snapped back. Felt like i was on fire. Compared where people were standing/doing during what I saw and they confirmed these details.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
The MAIN reason why this idea of life on the other side will NEVER be accepted is simple. ......If it is true..... than there is a GOD and those who disbelieve will go from being the majority to the minority very quick.

It destroys atheist beliefs.

Why would it go from there is afterlife to there is a god?

That makes no sense..thats like saying if there are aliens on mars, it proves there is a great alien emperor.
..no it doesnt.

God, even with proof of a afterlife, is not needed. consider this. in a million years, if humanity lives that long, how advanced will we be? so advanced that we exist as little more than a energy field? and with a immortal view of the universe, wouldn't we eventually want to refresh our perspectives by living life in a unaware biological animal of our distant past?

No god needed. Not saying there is or isn't a deity involved somewhere, just no need to bring that into the equasion.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I have been there. Heart was stopped beating for more than 3 minutes. A mate was doing CPR on me. Had the full out of body experience nine yards. I watched the paramedics load me into the ambulance and drive off. Then i floated up into the sky. Then i got three shots of Nalaxone/Narcan in the ambulance after en route and i snapped back. Felt like i was on fire. Compared where people were standing/doing during what I saw and they confirmed these details.

I assume you have had lucid dreams before, and perhaps even done some hard drugs.
What makes the nde different than that?
Did it have texture? clarity? was it real or just a very elaborate and detailed dream?

Often when you hear people discussing nde's, it sounds very much like just a mind tripping out on some heavy hallucinations..but thing is, once a person trips and comes back down, they can look back at it as just a mind screw trip..same with a dream

So why are you thinking this was any different?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

We are unconscious when we sleep...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
NDEs are different from a random dream or hallucination because certain information is gained during NDEs. For example, Anita Moorjani knew of a confidential conversation that her doctor and husband were having about her, all the way down the hall in a room. She also knew that she was healed before the doctors did and that her brother was on a plane to come see her before it was announced.

In another NDE a lady had a miscarriage and when her daughter had an NDE, she met her sister on the other side. The mother didn't even tell her about the miscarriage (probably felt she was too young to know and handle that information).

When even family secrets can be known through an NDE, that's evidence that it's something more than a random hallucination.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
mclarenmp4:

Dr Eben Alexander is the closest we have and the fact that he was an aethist Neurosurgeon, he knew exactly what happens to the brain during the type of bacterial meningitis he had and in 99% of cases it results in death.

Eben Alexander was not an atheist, he was a practising Christian (he says so himself). Nor is Alexander the best example of NDE, there are far better examples, such as Pam Reynolds (now deceased).

Most advocates of NDE are wishful thinkers and grasping at any suggested phenomenon that will support their belief. Those claiming of NDE would find if placed on the Grayson Scale that they did not have an NDE at, and that the experience they claim to have had would not fit the criteria, but are in fact misinterpreting what they claim to have experienced.

Near death experience is not actual death, it is only near death. Focus has now switched from NDE to ADE (Actual death Experience), and so far, the closest we can come to accepting disembodied awareness is by imputation only.

What is the power source for a disembodied awareness?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join