It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There IS life after DEATH: Scientists reveal shock findings from groundbreaking study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: bknapple32
Whatever your view on death is, one thing we can agree on is we really have no clue what happens. However the more of these studies we do, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.

Very true, nobody will ever know... Not until they die.

It's been estimated that 170,000,000,000 people have lived and died throughout the existence of earth. You'd think that 1 of those would have come back told us what life after death is like (well, excluding Jesus, if that's your sort of thing).

Well we don't know, do we? If there is something, maybe you can't 'come back'...
edit on 5/17/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Whatever your view on death is, one thing we can agree on is we really have no clue what happens. However the more of these studies we do, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.

It's been estimated that 170,000,000,000 people have lived and died throughout the existence of earth. You'd think that 1 of those would have come back told us what life after death is like (well, excluding Jesus, if that's your sort of thing).

isn't that then the reincarnation stories?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Well we don't know, do we? If there is something, maybe you can't 'come back'...

If the discussion is why dont dead come back to their own bodies, well, its sort of destroyed, isnt it.
If on the other hand the discussion is why dont they reincarnate, Well, Buddhism is sort of focused on that mechanic.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

How do you prove something you can't see or measure? Oh right, you don't.

That was my point.

The title of the thread isn't accurate, as you say, it has not been proven and probably cannot be.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Of the 2,060 patients from Austria, the US and the UK interviewed for the study who had survived cardiac arrest, almost 40 per cent said that they recall some form of awareness after being pronounced clinically dead.

This is a little misleading. Only 140 of the 2060 people were interviewed. It was 46% of them who recalled having some "form of awareness", which turns out to be no different than dreams.

I cannot find anything about the 3-minutes after death thing, but then again we can tell it's all codswallop.

Among 2060 CA events, 140 survivors completed stage 1 interviews, while 101 of 140 patients completed stage 2 interviews. 46% had memories with 7 major cognitive themes: fear; animals/plants; bright light; violence/persecution; deja-vu; family; recalling events post-CA and 9% had NDEs, while 2% described awareness with explicit recall of ‘seeing’ and ‘hearing’ actual events related to their resuscitation. One had a verifiable period of conscious awareness during which time cerebral function was not expected.

CA survivors commonly experience a broad range of cognitive themes, with 2% exhibiting full awareness. This supports other recent studies that have indicated consciousness may be present despite clinically undetectable consciousness. This together with fearful experiences may contribute to PTSD and other cognitive deficits post CA.

AWARE—AWAreness during REsuscitation—A prospective study

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Not sure if this does anything to confirm or refute so-called 'life after death'..it probably does more to confirm that the brain continues to operate, at least in a limited capacity, after the heart stops...which we already knew of course.

Brain activity for 'up to 3 minutes' after the heart has stopped pumping oxygen rich blood to the brain is hardly groundbreaking news..people have had their hearts stopped for MUCH longer and have been resuscitated with no apparent ill effects..so nothing new in that.

Doesn't prove life after death at all..doesn't even offer evidence of it, let alone proof.

And those million of NDE incidents around the world? Telling similar stories of the other side..... I have been there too (NDE).

The MAIN reason why this idea of life on the other side will NEVER be accepted is simple. ......If it is true..... than there is a GOD and those who disbelieve will go from being the majority to the minority very quick.

It destroys atheist beliefs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

It does nothing of the sort.

IF there is a realm where a person's identity continues, and it's a big IF, all that means is there is more to learn..inventing fairly stories to account for it, when we can't even prove it's real one way or another is regressive at best.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yes there is something after death and it was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had.

You and me agreeing on something. This is really unusual.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sure there is life after death. Only it is not your life. Others continue to live and attempt to organize themselves based on what they know. It is very self-centered to imagine that you live forever. Wouldn't the universe get crowded?

When you actually understand this concept then you can understand why people behave in religious ways. Books are important. History is important. Memory is important. Secret societies that are keeping knowledge alive are very important. The chaotic mass of people struggling for existence is at a tremendous disadvantage compared to the more intelligent group.

Also, you can easily fathom why politicians always want to change things. They always beg for change as a way to defeat you and yours.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

If the discussion is why dont dead come back to their own bodies, well, its sort of destroyed, isnt it.
If on the other hand the discussion is why dont they reincarnate, Well, Buddhism is sort of focused on that mechanic.

I'm a believer mate. I think that consciousness is too amazing and too important to 'end'.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Dmt

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ironicinori
I definitely believe in life after death in some form, as the consciousness or "soul" leaving the body. But I don't think that some basic level of awareness 3 minutes after your heart stops beating is any kind of proof. IMO it's just the consciousness slowly losing touch with the body and physical world.
I don't! I do think that what has been discovered/monitored is the mere process of death of the brain and consciousness. Nice idea but the reality is that the dwindling light of life does expire!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The three minutes is where you plead your case to the universe for moving on. of course 3 minutes can be days in their perception. Maybe you even get a trial to defend your previous life.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thank you

I believe in life after death ... but I don't believe "those who know" will ever admit life after death exists. Evil people would profit from a disclosure.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you go on reddit, there is a famous post about peoples experience of death. This is nothing new.

Also the "There IS life after DEATH" title is false/misinformation. It's clickbait.
Ofcourse you will be conscious a few minutes after death. Maybe even a few hours or days. You'll be in a dream state though ofcourse. But then eventually as your body decays and decomposes, your brain basically gets eaten away. Are you still alive/conscious at this state? NO! Therefore this study does not prove that there is life after death.

Life after death means that you are still "alive" infinitely after dying. Clickbait and misinformation is what this is!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
If you go on reddit, there is a famous post about peoples experience of death. This is nothing new.

Also the "There IS life after DEATH" title is false/misinformation. It's clickbait.
Ofcourse you will be conscious a few minutes after death. Maybe even a few hours or days. You'll be in a dream state though ofcourse. But then eventually as your body decays and decomposes, your brain basically gets eaten away. Are you still alive/conscious at this state? NO! Therefore this study does not prove that there is life after death.

Life after death means that you are still "alive" infinitely after dying. Clickbait and misinformation is what this is!
Concur!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I don't think religions approve of these type of studies..you are supposed to be sent Straight to Hell or be granted a thousand virgins upon death.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the biggest investigation into out of body experiences and afterlife 'travel' turned up zero positives so early on it was scrapped and forgotten.

usually the patient who experiences the phenomenon claims to leave the body and can describe things in the operating theatre, where the investigations took place.
on top of cabinets simple things were placed, for example a teddy bear something simple and recognizable.
not one person who claimed to leave their body saw these items and, the experiment was given up early on.
remnants of the story can be found online, i found the story via a doctor at a local hospital, along with some rather gruesome stories of the nhs.

the express has a history of getting things massively wrong or blowing non stories into stratospheric proportions, while supporting the far right.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more. I do wish we had some scientific think tanks trying to get to the bottom of what is consciousness and what happens before and after living using the latest technology and scientific methods.

Maybe some of that spooky stuff at the quantum level might lead us in the right path and what to look for.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I wonder, in fact, if it is a matter of denial vs. openness to something beyond the pale of the physical world, rather than science vs belief.

Precisement - If we allow ourselves to be open-minded, encouraging scientists to adopt a position of agnosticism, then we are being intellectually honest in our search for scientific & universal truth. Agnosticism is the only intellectually honest position that any researcher touching upon these matters in the line of their investigations can take. I sincerely hope we see a shift to this much-needed openness.

If we can spread these sorts of ideas, as a seed into the minds of young researchers, we might see an explosion of creative, insightful scientific enquiry. Rigid dogma is almost always a bad thing - stifling thought & preventing the free expression of ideas.

Hail to the next generation of agnostic scientists! Go build me that jetpack!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join