It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex, smoking pot and a new born child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This is something that I always wondered about. If a man and woman are smoking pot and had sex and then "oops" 9 months later the child was born, and then years later the child for unknown reasons decided to not be sexually "normal", did pot have anything to do with this concerning the man and woman years ago.

To tell you the truth, I wish a study on this would be done. We all know about sex and alcohol and the offspring and the damage it can do to an unborn child.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
May I ask, why pot should have to do anything with sexual preferences in sperm/ovaries?

Doesn't sound likely to me.

Stop looking for a cure when there is no illness, just miscomprehension and prejudice.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
To tell you the truth, I wish a study on this would be done. We all know about sex and alcohol and the offspring and the damage it can do to an unborn child.

Are you insinuating that the sexuality of a person is a result of being 'damaged'...?

I can fully understand that your question may be harmless however your terminology is poor and could be quite insulting.

As for your theory, or question rather, no I don't believe there would be a link. Lots of non-smokers (pot) give birth to healthy children with differing sexuality.
edit on 5/17/16 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There are studies covering Marijuana during pregnancy, the result are kind of surprising, nothing about sexual orientation though.

SOURCE

Basically, she studied women during their entire pregnancy, and then studied the babies about a year after birth. And what she studied was a group of women who did smoke cannabis during pregnancy and those who didn’t.

She expected to see a difference in the babies as far as birth weight and neuro tests, but there was no difference whatsoever.

The differences that the researchers did notice, that are unexplained and kind of curious are that the babies of the women who had smoked cannabis — and we’re talking about daily use during their pregnancy — socialized more quickly, made eye contact more quickly and were easier to engage.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What's sexually normal these days? Or has ever been normal??

Funny thought, you probably wouldn't even have thought about this unless you were stoned, or that you have absorbed entirely too much LGBT propaganda. If you're a part of the LGBT community, then I meant no offense. However, if someone is comfortable with themselves, as most LGBT's seem to be, then why search for excuses?

Just saying...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

based on the info you posted it sounds like the cannabis may have helped the babies brain development in some way, probably something relating to the endocannabinoid system and neurological connections related to communication

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Strands of DNA show markers cause by estrogen spikes in men and testosterone spikes in women. I believe it is cause from those spikes before birth. What causes the spikes ? who knows, my guess would be chemicals but probably just a human thing.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

This is something that I always wondered about. If a man and woman are smoking pot and had sex and then "oops" 9 months later the child was born, and then years later the child for unknown reasons decided to not be sexually "normal", did pot have anything to do with this concerning the man and woman years ago.

Dont you think influence from parents, friends, society etc would have some influences on choises made later in life? or is pot the only factor here?

Most things in society these days, are damaging in one way or another. Almost ALL food have some kind of drugs in them, what do you think those drugs do to you or your kids? My point is, I dont think pot is the thing you should worry about, if your concerned about the future of our kids

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Are you equating homosexuality, Bisexuality and basically ANY-ality with being 'damaged'?

Thin ice mate.

It may surprise you to know, that EVERY Human zygot (pre-fetus) is actually Female..that's why Males have nipples and breasts..in case you've ever wondered..like everybody else, you were once Female (if you're not now) .

edit on 17 5 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Mianeye

based on the info you posted it sounds like the cannabis may have helped the babies brain development in some way, probably something relating to the endocannabinoid system and neurological connections related to communication

Since we're all born with endocannabinoid receptors, ready and waiting to accept cannabinoids once we get around to ingesting them, regardless of whether either parent has ever used cannabis or not suggests you could be right.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

We all know about sex and alcohol and the offspring and the damage it can do to an unborn child.

Tell me, what do "we all know"?

I know that the American system tells us that alcohol in any amount is totally harmful to a developing fetus.

I know that other countries have different stances on this issue. There is actually a study indicating that moderate alcohol consumption (1-2 units per week) has no ill effects, and these children are actually better behaviorally (though this seems to have more to do with the socioeconomic status of the mother/parents).

I'm not advocating alcohol consumption during pregnancy, but I'd like to know what you are referring to.

As far as cannabis use prior to and during pregnancy.... Are you serious? The study shared by Mianeye is something you should look into. Currently there are not enough studies in this area.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

This is something that I always wondered about. If a man and woman are smoking pot and had sex and then "oops" 9 months later the child was born, and then years later the child for unknown reasons decided to not be sexually "normal", did pot have anything to do with this concerning the man and woman years ago. .

My son turned out completely as a normal boy that one could be. His toddler years, his main interests were cars, colours, and dinosaurs.
He developed into a very smart young man, very fit, and active. Knows every pretty girl in town.
My doctor knew that I smoked it, I cut way back once I was pregnant, but he also told me not to take any form of pain relief, no cold medication, no over the counter medication of any kind. He said to have a couple of puffs instead, that it was much safer, if I had a headache or anything.
My doctor was way ahead of his time....

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Without exception, the kids of my friends who have partaken while pregnant have all ended up with pretty above average intelligence. Anyone else notice that? These kids are whizzes. *shrug*

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieAtTheGap
Without exception, the kids of my friends who have partaken while pregnant have all ended up with pretty above average intelligence. Anyone else notice that? These kids are whizzes. *shrug*

My son is very good at math, and his quick wit has made him a bit of a smartass, but I'd rather have a smartass than a dumbass 🤔
At least he's a polite smartass.
And a whiz.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
Are you insinuating that the sexuality of a person is a result of being 'damaged'...?

The way I've looked at it for a long while after reading many studies on the issue is that increased homosexuality may be an alternative survival strategy for the species. Studies show mammals will have increased homosexual offspring if they are in a sufficiently stressed/toxic environment.

It makes damned good intuitive sense to me. Now as for this being "damaged" or wrong... yea I see no reason to go there at all.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think with the ongoing pressure to legalise pot the anti pot people are looking for any and all reasons they can come up with to keep it demonized. If you are seriously looking for cause and effect the main contenders are GM food stuff and prolonged use of proscribed medicines.
As I've posted before one of the main culprits (in my opinion) is oestrogen, the contraceptive pill, which has been found in the water and food chain. This drug in itself could be the cause of "feminization" of males, but don't wait for that study as it would make the drug companies liable.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

lol, silly question.

Smoking pot while conceiving and also while pregnant actually has positive effects, unlike drinking alcohol and smoking cigs or doing drugs.

I personally know someone who smoked pot, had sex and poof...a baby 9 months later...gave birth to a healthy happy baby.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lol been there done that. Lmao to add. No. In short.

new topics

top topics

join