It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Political Commercials already? The worst is yet to come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I already can't stand watching television, not that I watch that much, but I always like to see the news - not anymore - the negative political ads are
already coming hot and heavy.

And what is the purpose of these adds? To show how great a candidate is? - sometimes; But more often than not the adds are so negative that by the time the election rolls around you will mainly be voting for the candidate who??? - I don't know who - And if I believe a small fraction of the adds I will not vote at all - Why would you vote for a candidate who is dishonest, morally corrupt, unethical and if anything should be seeking a lawyer for slander
law suits at best and to keep him or her out of jail at worst ?

Is this what American Democracy has turned into? - A mudslinging contest to see which candidate has less mud sticking to him before the election.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture

edit on 17-5-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Why do you have to drag a election out so long anyway?

Why cant you be like most normal countrys and get it over in two months...that way your goverment can get on with....you know DOING THERE JOB!
edit on 17-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Here in Japan we only have one month to advertise oneself for political office, then the elections are held. A good system actually. And no, I don't see any TV ads running for the politicians, it is all homegrown, out in the open, and this is me with very loud speakers attached to vans. This goes on for 30 days and that itself is long enough.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Welcome to the land of controversy. We love controversy and sex, no substance, just shallow drama. Don't want to think hard, just drink harder.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Here in Japan we only have one month to advertise oneself for political office, then the elections are held. A good system actually. And no, I don't see any TV ads running for the politicians, it is all homegrown, out in the open, and this is me with very loud speakers attached to vans. This goes on for 30 days and that itself is long enough.

In the day and age of the internet I dont see why you need longer.

Anyone can go on line and read the lies and empty pledges the candidates have on offer.
why you need near two years of rallys and campaigning to repeat those lies and empty pledges is anyone guess????/

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: musicismagic

In the day and age of the internet I dont see why you need longer.

I think in the future, American politics will see a major change. I say this because I think TV's now can cancel out commercials and therefore the ad money will no longer be there. Not sure if this is true in America, but I remember way back when that drug companies and lawyers were not allowed to advertise on TV in America, am I right about this. Sorry, but I don't live in America.

Anyone can go on line and read the lies and empty pledges the candidates have on offer.
why you need near two years of rallys and campaigning to repeat those lies and empty pledges is anyone guess????/

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And you elect the same sort of power hungry psychos we do. Just faster.
Why do people keep forgetting we are over 300 million and most European countries are the size and population of one of our states? It takes a while for candidates to cover that much territory. Not every one watches TV or uses the internet, so the candidates need time.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
May as well get it over with quicker than waste time and money than draw the circus out.

And this is the 21st century. No excuse not to use the TV or internet.
If you can’t use a computer your likely too stupid or senile to make a informed decision anyway.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Why cant you be like most normal countrys and get it over in two months...that way your goverment can get on with....you know DOING THERE JOB!

I'd prefer they last longer, say four years, than the government can spend four years just hoping to get re-elected and stay out of the private sectors business.

When the government "does their job" we all suffer, let them do nothing but campaign, it's better for our economy

edit on 5/17/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I'd prefer they last longer, say four years, than the government can spend four years just hoping to get re-elected and stay out of the private sectors business.

When the government "does their job" we all suffer, let them do nothing but campaign, it's better for our economy

I thought that's what they did already??

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
By the time election rolls around you are so tired of "Politics" you tune it out. Thats exactly what they want. You never minding their business.

new topics

top topics

join