It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My final understanding of my many hours of research of rabbit hole investigations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I give up.
I don't have a clue. Okay. I have a clue. But just barely.
The reality is beyond my comprehension.
But one thing I am sure about. Whatever that reality is, it is something I will never understand.

My difficulty might have something to do with being a human. We humans are only one part of existence.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Blue Pill / Red Pill scene from The Matrix:

Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?

Neo: No.

Morpheus: Why not?

Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Neo: The Matrix.

Morpheus: Do you want to know…what it is?

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work…when you go to church…when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: [leans in closer to Neo] That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.

Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be…told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. [opens pillbox, empties contents into his palms, outstretches his hands] This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill [opens his right hand revealing blue pill], the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill [opens his left hand revealing red pill], you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. [Neo, after a pause, reaches for the red pill] Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

We are unable to fully comprehend the grand scope of the nature of reality, but we can at least strive for truth and know that we made a decent effort...

edit on 17/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56 For a fleeting moment my mind opened up and I realized that this world is an illusion and my worries vanished. This happened the other day. It was very brief, but gave me a sense of peace and yet I'm not a 100% on what it all means.
Wish I could tell you, but I'm just not sure yet...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If you suddenly had all these answers, what difference would it make to you and your life?

I'm asking you this, as my own 55 year search for answers was indeed fruitful.. but they weren't the kind of answers that I was hoping for. (One of those be careful what you wish for, you might get it things).

In the end, what has been most meaningful to me, is the time I spend with my wife, who I just met 2 years ago.

The Universe ran just fine before I was born, and will run just fine while I yet live a little more, and definitely will run splendidly when I am gone.

In the Ten Ox Herding Pictures , it is at the very end, after all the struggling and "attainment" that one goes back to a normal life, and appreciates everything in a most lovely way.

Are you now ready to rest?

Kev

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You are like a fish in an aquarium all it's life. Would you comprehend the way the air pump works? Would you understand why you will die when you remove yourself from the water? To try to separate oneself from the matrix is as absurd as the wave trying to separate itself from the ocean.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You just said it all.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Being stuck in a labyrinth of confusion is a common experience when assessing a lot of conflicting and uncertain information. There are a few solid foundations of facts around, but most of the understanding is drenched in doubt. Similar to how gravity is a constant concern for the trapeze artist.

It is good to see that you still have some clue so your brain has not completely broken down just yet. Keep digging when you are ready, take a break when it all gets too much.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
An information quagmire is another description of this situation. When it comes to politics, what people think is important. On many issues there are interests protecting themselves through lies, confusion, rumors, ridicule and misdirection.

It does take time, effort and some intelligence to break through.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm asking you this, as my own 55 year search for answers was indeed fruitful.. but they weren't the kind of answers that I was hoping for. (One of those be careful what you wish for, you might get it things).

Yep.

While the motto here is "Deny Ignorance"....there's also merit to the "Ignorance is Bliss" argument.

Once you really feel you have a handle on how things really work, and why, you'll realize if you were truly smart, you'd have never sought out the answers....

new topics

top topics

join