It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs Of The Nearness of The Second Coming....and the appearance of the Antichrist!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
As to who is right I am!!! Isn't that obvious?

Absolutly obvious

tut tut

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Im sit absolutely stunned as I read this post.........to believe that in 2003 this is what our educational system has wrought.
For all the "christians" worrying about the end of the world, I suggest that you find something productive to do with your lives. The intelligent people will come and get you when all has been achieved. In the meantime go back to watching television.

Jesus, Nostradamus.........try believing in yourself. Its the hardest trip of all.

[End Transmission]

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
so basically, it comes down to the fact that we don't know a darn thing for sure what's going to happen, and if/until it does, the prophecies are just conjecture. I really don't think there is anything that can be done should the End Times be upon us...everything's got to end sometime, and we've had quite the run, as a species. of course, until then, we all just have to keep on doing whatever that is we do. can't live for a day that may never come

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Gentlemen, Ladies,

People have been saying the 'End is Nigh' for how LONG?

Must I say more?

The 'End is Nigh' when the End comes!

There are enough things to worry about then 'waitning and watching' for signs of the times to indicate the 'end of things'. I agree with one poster that mentioned that perhaps one needs to spend time 'eyes elsewhere' rather then adding up all the bad things happening and concluding that the 'end is near'.

Tomorrow, which is a facet of Time, will take care of its own self.

Btw, whats the point in searching and waiting for the 'End of Time' anyhoo? You, me, it, they, can't do nothing about it anyhoo! Life goes on.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Helen
I dont think the majority of us our living our lives.
Were influenced too much by outside sources on how to live our lives.
May it be from religion, too television too how goodlooking brad pitt is, and thats how we should look.
Deep

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Everyone awaits death!

But to be ignorant is another matter!
What is wrong with knowing what is to happen in the future?
Knowing it will befall us all, and having knowledge of what is to come is a good thing ,I think!

I dont mean that one should do nothing and dwell on death, but to be ready when it happens!

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So how could we get ready anyway ?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

I cannot tell you how to get ready!

You have to want to know what is required of you!
It seems like an easy question to answer, but in fact it is something which only yourself can find........
Do you know God?
Why is it important to watch out for the signs and the end of the world?
You have to want to know in your heart and not only in words!
Everyone can beleive in God.....but you really have to want to know ''for real'' that you truly seek God.....otherwise words is all it is!

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well Helen what if I don't get ready ?

posted on Jun, 17 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I personally dont buy into this end of the world hocus pocus.
I mean thiers been ample numbers of so called scholars and prophets predicting the end of earth. And why would god want to destroy our planet? Or why would he let something like that happen, what did he just get bored with mankind.
Deep

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The planet earth is but a small mote on a speck of a solar system belched out of a dying sun in an insignificant galaxy in an expanding cosmos.

Homo sapiens is doing everything possible to reduce its inhabitability and longevity.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I personally dont buy into this end of the world hocus pocus.
I mean thiers been ample numbers of so called scholars and prophets predicting the end of earth. And why would god want to destroy our planet? Or why would he let something like that happen, what did he just get bored with mankind.
Deep

Yes there have been many so called prophets predicting the end of the world....but do they have truth in what they prophesy?
Or do they speak of their own power that claim to know the truth?
A prophet of God will only tell us what is to be expected....and to warn those that seek the truth!
Dates and times of the end of the world have not been given!
There have been many people of 'rightousness'' that have given out prophecy relating to the end of times....and how one can prepare oneself for the end of the world ........The Antichrist is one that has been spoken of in many prophecy that has to do with the end of the world.
It is not God that wishes the end of the world.....it is the people that have destroyed the world for their own satisfaction and greed......to want more and to be held in power......
I guess it is hard for us humans to know all the answers of what God has in mind!
I do beleive that it is not that we all remain ignorant of what is to happen.......but to be allowed to see what will happen!
What one choses to do with their life is up to them alone.....we are given ''Free will'' and it is up to us to use it wisely!
There are many questions that arise out of one's mind ......but those questions only come to us because we allow our mind to rule our hearts!
When one seeks the truth, one has many thoughts of.......why? or how? or how come?
But this happens when one has not truly given themselves to God.....a lack of faith!
We as humans question many things.......but it is not always possible to know everything!
As time goes on, we learn things because we have 'Free will'' to do so........as children we ask many questions, but do not get all the answers!
As we grow up, we learn the things that we once asked .....
Death maybe the only way one will face reality and know what this life really is!
And till death takes me, I can only strive to know God and have hope in Him.
helen

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Having pre-milleniumist leanings, I do not view the anti-Christ as bringing about the end of the world. Rather the events caused by him, will bring about the second coming of Jesus Christ to set up of the Millenium Kingdom on earth which is not the "end of the world" only the end of man's rule of the world. Of course other Christians may dispute my view point.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Revelation- Armmageddon, Judgement day, The end of the world.

The differering theologies taken from this book are undoubtably resons for so many 'christian' religions.

Many (Jehova Witnesses, seventhday adventists) believe that the the ten kingdoms have come and passes with the fall of the Roman Empire (schythians, ayran etc) the one is the American empire is is more evil than the others. The mark of the beast belongs to the Pope since on his Lapels are the latin words Vicar to god- There misinterperation real-Vicar to christ. Anyway the numerological amount of this is 666.

As for hell, I belive that it is a made up place to give a "new" theology that extra push required for induction in to the mainstream.

Paul, lets remember was a very troubled man, He himself thaugh that he would see the return of Christ during his own lifetime. Although this did reside later. Put he was and it is obvious in his writtings that he was not mentally stable.

Funny that the preaching of the near end and the return are still defining features of lunancy and maddness.

What I think Paul ment and this may have no orthodox or educational backing. But, I think it was Paul expressing his spritual struggle to be a good follower of Christ. To explain the fancy metophorical language, well he had a lot of spare time, he was is prison isolated on the Island of Patmos.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe that the anti-christ is already here, not yet old enough to be revealed to everybody. I also believe that the bible is complete bull#, first of all, the bible that people read today isn't even the real bible, there have been so many changes, so many mis-translations, that it is a completely different book then what was originally written. But even given that i believe the original book was bull# to, because it was written by men, not by God, and therefore has a man's slant on it, it bears all kind of marks of that, of the men that wrote it and the times it was written in. To go by such a flawed piece of work is foolhardy. Follow the teachings of Christ, the original teachings, the ones that are at the basis of what he tried to say that the bible, and the ones that followed it later, warped beyond recognition. Live your lives with compassion, live your lives with acceptance, absolute acceptance, love the person next to you for the fact that he is a homo-sexxual black muslim, instead of turning to him and trying to tell him how evil he is. Live your lives with Love, absolute acceptance, and forgiveness, and you all shall be saved in the end.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
7 The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it : The prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad (Insane), for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred (Hosea 9:7).

Suprisingly WWW = 666 in Arabic, Aramaic, and Hebrew Numerology. Soon we may not be able to buy or sell without the INTERNET. This seems to be an Image of The G8 or E.U. (Beast)

Originally posted by Maddas
Revelation- Armmageddon, Judgement day, The end of the world.

The differering theologies taken from this book are undoubtably resons for so many 'christian' religions.

Many (Jehova Witnesses, seventhday adventists) believe that the the ten kingdoms have come and passes with the fall of the Roman Empire (schythians, ayran etc) the one is the American empire is is more evil than the others. The mark of the beast belongs to the Pope since on his Lapels are the latin words Vicar to god- There misinterperation real-Vicar to christ. Anyway the numerological amount of this is 666.

As for hell, I belive that it is a made up place to give a "new" theology that extra push required for induction in to the mainstream.

Paul, lets remember was a very troubled man, He himself thaugh that he would see the return of Christ during his own lifetime. Although this did reside later. Put he was and it is obvious in his writtings that he was not mentally stable.

Funny that the preaching of the near end and the return are still defining features of lunancy and maddness.

What I think Paul ment and this may have no orthodox or educational backing. But, I think it was Paul expressing his spritual struggle to be a good follower of Christ. To explain the fancy metophorical language, well he had a lot of spare time, he was is prison isolated on the Island of Patmos.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well Helen what if I don't get ready ?

Well, I hope you dont think ....get a suitcase and get ready!

You will know when the time comes.......if you have knowledge of what is to happen, and the signs that have been given are a sure thing, then hopefully you will be given a choice to whom you want to follow........it will be ''free will''
The problem today is that many people just laugh at the idea and do nothing to know about what the signs are......if one has a bit of knowledge that is given to us by the great early church father's......then one knows and can discern the times...
Prayer does not hurt anyone!
Asking for help does not hurt either!
The sign of the Cross is a sign of defeit.....that is why the Devil hates it......the Cross is our weapon ....making the sign of the Cross on ourselves (and not the Roman Catholic way,the pre-16th century way)...will defeat evil.
The Cross was the sign given to mankind from the beggining.....the human body is in the form of a Cross......Jesus Christ was crucified with arms extended to gather all the nations scattered to the end of the earth into one.
It may all sound mad and foolish to think of the end of the world,or the coming of the Antichrist....but what seems foolish today can be reality tomorrow.
One can only hope that one can discern the times and be ready...
helen

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Once again, the Christians strike out of fear. This is why (as I've said thousands of times) I don't believe in Christianity - the religion can not survive without fear: fear of God, fear of hell, fear of Armageddon.

To me, Armageddon is nothing but another change. Whether it has to do with God and the Antichrist, of course, is another matter entirely.
Dictionary.com states Armageddon as such: Bible. The scene of a final battle between the forces of good and evil, prophesied to occur at the end of the world.
"Good" and "Evil" - while printed in the Bible - may not clearly represent "God" and "Antichrist". It may represent "good people" and "bad people". Of course, in my book, he who fights as a main action is no "good person". The "battle" could mean more than purely physical war. It could be a mental battle, and psychological battle - hell, it would even be a crossword battle for all we know!

Living a life of fear is no life at all. If you fear something, then you spend your entire life worrying about that fear, and your life - or what could have been a great life - passes by, and before you know it you are face-to-face with what you feared throughout your entire life: death & "judgement". That's no way to live.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Lobo.......Fear God only.......for only He can Judge you....

To fear the rest of the world who can only destroy the body is nothing and has no meaning in the end!

Fear that which can destroy your ''Soul'' and turn your thoughts to wickedness......

Fear is like a shield......you sense fear because it is a natural instinct......an ability to know what the result may be.....
Fear is good......and one who fears.....has free will to act on the feelings they get.......

Without fear, mankind will be lost souls!
And .....Lost in their own minds .........Having no awareness of such an ability is foolish to comprehend!

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think that is what she has been trying to tell you...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join