It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Penis Transplant Performed in U.S., Hospital Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Apparently, Penis transplants are not new. In fact, there have been 3 transplants worldwide: South Africa, China, and now in the US to a 64 year old man who lost his to cancer..

Surgeons said Monday they have done the first penis transplant in the U.S., helping a 64-year-old man who lost his organ to cancer. Massachusetts General Hospital planned a news conference later Monday to give details about the transplant, which is only the third recorded penis transplant ever done globally. Thomas Manning gives a thumbs up after being asked how he was feeling following the first penis transplant in the United States, in Boston. Sam Riley / Mass General Hospital via AP "Earlier this month during a 15-hour procedure, surgeons connected the intricate vascular and nerve structures of a donor penis with those of the 64-year-old transplant recipient. The patient continues to recover well," the hospital said in a statement. The New York Times interviewed the patient, who it identified as Thomas Manning, a bank courier from Halifax, Massachusetts.

I hadn't heard of penis transplants until now, I guess I had always assumed that it couldn't be done and still achieve an erection for the recipient. Anyway, check out the short article then leave your comments. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...enis-transplant-performed-u-s-hospital-says-n574621

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm not going to that article, there may be pictures of a set of nuts all full of stitches. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Clicking on the link gives me a "Error 404 - Page Not Available". Maybe the penis was rejected already?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Clicking on the link gives me a "Error 404 - Page Not Available". Maybe the penis was rejected already?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Replacing penis is one thing, will it be someone else sperm instead of yours?
edit on 16-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Fixed Link

It says page unavailable. I think NBC pulled the article down from the WEB. I notice that it's not on their Site anymore. Here's a link to it on Yahoo.

www.yahoo.com...enis-transplant-us-110747269.html

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm really not going to get two nuts about this subject.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

the question is....will it work

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Replacing penis is one thing, will it be someone else sperm instead of yours?

No, I don't think so...Sperm comes from the testicles, I think. However, there may be some leftover sperm still inside the penis from the previous owner.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

the question is....will it work

Apparently so. The South African penis transplant recipient has fathered a child.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Best of luck to him and others who need the help. Interesting that may be a checkbox for donors(some paperwork requires that when signing up to be an organ donor). I'm pretty such the DNA, etc was removed from the organ so that the rejection factor was lessened.

Another-numerous articles have been shared in top news about this so a search is pretty easy- link if the broken issue persists;
Source

Now he has a second shot. Surgeons said Manning should be able to easily urinate in weeks, and can have sex soon afterward — though he won't be able to have children, because the operation stopped short of new testes.

There have only been two prior penis transplants reported anywhere in the world — one in China in 2006, which failed, and another in South Africa in 2014, which led to the patient fathering a child.

Amazing how the body heals in a case where the man apparently still has his testicles. Over the years many women who had had tubal litigation have become pregnant.

edit on 16-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: fixed issue

edit on 16-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: removed next

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

A thread that needs to be outed.. thank you. Soon all will again
know why they called me Mr. Metaphor in another culture.

You don't need to know the whole story, nor would want to hear it..
but in a nutshell it might as well have been bit off: and sewn back on
by her three times in five months while she made up her mind I wasn't
the one for her.
That was over 24 years ago, but I still get ghost sensations of teeth.

I am derfreebie, and not a mysogenist-- but a conservative cured of
relationships with liars. There are plenty to go around.
PS I'm still intact somehow and [real] she said I don't need anything at 64.
Never the less, "heal" is another four letter word too abused by sadists.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We've been doing heart and lung transplants since the 1970's. What's so HARD about a penis?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Damn you let her bite it off three times!

You must be hard-headed.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am an organ donor but not sure if I want to donate ALL of my organs.
That is neat stuff though. I hope vets can get first on the list if something happens as far as IEd's etc.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 17-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is exciting news!!

-for my GF, she keeps asking me to get a reduction.

-thanks buddy, now she knows it's possible

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I think the true hero here is the donor! It's just not a complete story unless we know how the donor is managing without a penis.

OH SNAP! WAS THE PENIS DONATED BY A PIONEERING TRANSGENDER!!!??

Now that would be the feel good story of year so far!! ...........not.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Sounds like something you should talk with a therapist about... It sounds quite traumatic.

Unless this a plot for a horror film? "the crazy woman I loved, but bit my junk to pieces only to sew it back together and munch upon it time after time"?

I Suppose it could work. There have been worse horror plots after all!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wonder if an 80 year old man, with a 30 year old penis, would still need Viagara?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join