It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 6

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It is much wider then I thought!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is the Government Bridge. It lets us onto Arsenal Island in Rock Island Illinois. Actually the Arsenal is to the left in this pic. Home of Weapons manufacturing... My Bio-Dad was top paid civilian government employee on that island! He was shop foreman of the Howitzer division...
The huge gear under the opening span was made by My friend who I worked with at Davenport Machine, years ago. He got to be present when they installed it! It worked perfectly!!

EDIT: Yes the river is very wide in most places!!!
edit on 23-5-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That is a cool bridge, your dad was a smart person!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

YAh My dad was a smart guy. It was my friend though, who made that big gear.
This is Arsenal island. Illinois on the left of the river. Upper right You can see the arches of the Centennial Bridge, just below that is the government bridge with the opening span...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Another shot of Arsenal Island. The Twin bridges are in the lower part of this image...

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I gotta go out and mow the lawn. Have a good one!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Wow I learned a lot from you, thank you, Syx!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It was one of my favorites when I was a kid. The time does pass. Too bad you can't get it back.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here you go Q. I took this picture when we were out on a riverboat in Memphis. On the mighty Mississippi going under the twin bridges that cross over to Arkansas, at sunset

edit on 5/23/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Lol, I am posting this up for all the lady members of the shed! I'm guessing you may well be as tickled as I was. At least I hope so.
For you fellas that decide to watch it anyway, I say, pay close attention to the message as some guys usually get confused by this about this time in life!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

That is beautiful

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I thought this was very cool when I stumbled across it today and just had to share it for all our dragon friends. Wouldn't you just love to have this? Wish I could give one to all the shed dragons, but alas, this is the best I can do.

This dragon head is actually made up of Aquamarine/Peridot/Amethyst and rose quartz. Sweet eh?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Ohmygosh!!!!

I'm just off, on my way to work, but I HAD to comment on this. That is gorgeous! I would most absolutely love that thing!! Nice find!

And now that I've commented:
Good morning!! And farewell!! lol

*hugs to all*

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm not into bling but that is beautiful!!! OK, I like my bling. LOL

a reply to: Quantum12
I have rafted under it and rode over it. LOL On bridge day you can legally bungee jump or base jump.

The New River Gorge Bridge is a steel arch bridge 3,030 feet (924 m) long over the New River Gorge near Fayetteville, West Virginia, in the Appalachian Mountains of the eastern United States. With an arch 1,700 feet (518 m) long, the New River Gorge Bridge was for many years the world's longest single-span arch bridge;[4][5] it is now the third longest

a reply to: kaelci
Good morning!!! How many more days…..LOL

OK I am now home and vegged out in front of the TV. I will try to read back (which I didn’t get done today) and get caught up on everything.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Oh my gosh Jess!

That is lovely!!!!

Yes, reading backward to front as well!

Hope you are relaxing!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I feel like I could stare at that for hours.

It is beautiful!

Cool find!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Aww thank you CC for using them, they need a loving home.

I don't handle the heat very well either, unless I am by water. And I too should stop smoking.
I see from Syx's post that if I took a boat down the Mississippi we could visit.
What happened to the pretty dress? I am so behind please pardon me.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

OneThat was awesome. Older Ladies. Thank you so much.
I have never had a problem getting older, except for a lower metabolism, but others seem to on my behalf.
"Haven't you ever colored your hair?"
"Don't you just hate this or that?"
What they would resent most would be my reply "Why would I hate it, I can't very well change it"
The stone dragon Is that a whole piece or have they glued it together?
It is wonderful. I have a passion for stones/geology. More so natural rock formations these days. I love sitting on bed rock.

Martin The bridge pics are wonderful. Have you walked there? How are you?
Hay Chirp
Hay Q
Hay everyone

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Now this is a bridge!!!!! Well they say series of but it is still damned amazing to watch it being constructed!! might have some of my own pics of it somewhere.

The Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge is an ongoing construction project which consists of a series of bridges and tunnels crossing the Lingdingyang channel that will connect Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai, three major cities on the Pearl River Delta in China. The proposed 50 km link is expected to cost US$10.6 billion (HK$83 billion).[1] With its length, it would become one of the landmarks within the area. The longest bridge section will be 29.6 kilometres long and will include three cable-stayed spans between 280 metres and 460 metres.[2][3] Construction formally began on 15 December 2009.[4] The bridge was due for completion in late 2016 but has been delayed to the end of 2017.[5]

BLT

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi WIS!!

How's things?

Lonely Monday here...everyone busy.

LOL @ 'bored'.

Kiddos grow and move on, don't they?

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join