It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 6

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Your dad did oil paintings? I am sure they were amazing. Yes the smell is yuck!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A lot of time and effort went into that piece Quantum! And I'm sure it was a labor of love.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Jacy, do you have any pics of your Father's work? I always wanted to be an artist and paint beautiful pictures, but I suck royally at that. I do my crafts and content myself with that.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
*waving at Night Star as she flits by*

He was pretty good. Oils take too long to dry...but then acrylics dry too quickly.
But yes, the smell was overwhelming. (we lived in a small apartment)

I spent one summer making money selling pencil portraits, either from photos or actual sittings. My best stuff was from grade 13 in high school, but my entire year's portfolio was stolen from the art room.
I don't have any of my art anymore, I've had to run away and leave everything behind in the past.
I guess one of my girls has copies of a couple that I did for her father's family, so at least there is that.

jacy

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Jacy, do you have any pics of your Father's work? I always wanted to be an artist and paint beautiful pictures, but I suck royally at that. I do my crafts and content myself with that.

Aww, thank you for asking!

I have one piece in my closet...I think just one.
I will take a pic tomorrow and put it up.
This afternoon I'm kind of having horrific back pain, so I'm not moving from my nest on the sofa.

Your crafts are art. The cards you sent me are art. Your jewelry that you make...is art.
It's stuff that I've tried in the past and sucked at, so I guess everybody finds what they enjoy!

jacy

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wish I had a good camera. I was outside just now and the sun was out. There's a pile of wood and steam was coming off of it. It was pretty cool.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hey Skidlet!

That would have been an awesome picture if you could have got the steam to show.
That's another thing I suck at, photography.

Some people take pictures and they're art.
Mine are usually deleted, lol.
jacy

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Awww, too kind, thanks!

Stick with your portraits and drawing if that's what you enjoy and show us in here!

I can't seem to stay awake here. Going for a nap, though I'll regret it later and be up all night long and I have my two tests tomorrow. LOL I'll be back. HUGS!

edit on 22-5-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Rest up!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I would love to see your dads work. All art work is unique.

Skid does art work too. Your art I could never do!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Even better would have been the fog rising out of the trees up on the mountain. That was pretty cool.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yigorion had been sitting off to the side wondering what had the elves and pixies so excited. She would catch a word here and there, something about dancing and celebration of the blue moon.

She could hear little squeals of laughter and the excitement was contagious. She couldn’t help herself. She just had to edge a little closer, wanting to be near and try and share in this happy joy that they radiated.

She was still feeling a bit shy though being new to the shed and its cast of characters. She didn’t want to do anything to upset their welcome.

She knew the time must be near as there was a sudden flurry of activity, pixies fluttering about and the elves rushing to get their costumes just right on the younger elves and trying to make sure they could say the magic words correctly.

Yigorion decided she would follow behind to see where they went and what all this excitement was all about. Just when she had made up her mind, there was a flash and a breeze and Yigorion realized they had left in a flutter of wings and mirth.

She hurried to the door just in time to see a group of little twinkling lights bobbing down the road. So she followed…

Through the woods and crossing tiny creeks she followed the little sounds of laughter. She noticed that it was quite easy to see as the moon was rising over the crest of Fairy Hill.

It took her a minute to realize that she was hearing drums and horns and some other sound that she wasn’t familiar with, but it was all very whimsical. When she looked around trying to find where the music was coming from, she saw them. Along the top of the hill they were dancing and singing and it also sounded like chanting. The moon shining brightly behind them.

She found herself a tree to lean against and just watched in awe. She knew there was great power in this dance and she tried to soak it in as much as possible.

continued next page:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
All the sudden she sensed she wasn’t alone anymore. She looked to her right and noticed one lone fairy off by herself, sitting against a tree and watching the festivities. To Yigorion, she looked so alone and forlorn, and it made her sad. She didn’t understand with all this magic and happiness surrounding them how there could be such an air of sadness coming from this lone fairy. She also noticed that this fairy seemed somehow older than the rest. Curiosity got the better of her and she had to find out why.

Not sure what to say, Yigorion decided the best bet was just to introduce herself. “I don’t mean to startle you, but my name is Yigorion. You seemed so sad on the magical night and I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help.” “You did not startle me Yigorion, may I call you Yig?” “Why yes of course, Yig it is.” “My name is Fairetta and you did not startle me, I knew you were there and so do they.” Yig laughed softly. She should have known these magical little beings would know. Yig asked, “What is so special about this night that has caused all the excitement?” Fairetta explained,” This is the night of the Blue Moon Fairy Dance, a night of rejuvenation. It only happens every so often. They come to dance and chant and swim in the waters under the Blue Moon to keep themselves young.”

Yig didn’t want to seem rude, but she had to ask, “Why is it you sit here under the tree all alone. Do you not wish to embrace this night of rejuvenation with the others?”

Fairetta let out a long sigh and said, “It has been many Blue Moons since I have swam and danced. I fear I shall never know the joy to bang the drum again.” Yig had to ask, “Why is this?” Fairetta looked deep into Yigs eyes as if deciding whether or not to share her tale. Why a soft whisper she said, “Long ago I was responsible for keeping a queen of elves safe and making sure all her dreams came true. You may know her as Night Star. The long and short of it is I failed. This is all I will share with you my young friend Yig, as it is so long in the past; it is hardly of importance anymore.” With that, a single tear rolled down her cheek and she closed her eyes…

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Great writing onehuman!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
That was cool.

I just thought you'd be interested to know that Yig is something in a H.P. Lovecraft story. It's a snake god called the father of serpents.
Yig

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
G'day all - how is everyone today.

Not so many pages to catch up on for me today.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

hello and I hope your weekend was amazing!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It was quietish, as usual.

Just resting and lazing.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

OMG, Kim! Your story and pictures are amazing! I was all engrossed in the magical tale and then saw my elf Night Star was a part of it and it made me teary eyed. It was written so beautifully, so touching. I hope you continue to make these enchanting entries!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello Gentlemen, I didn't mean to ignore you, just had to get that last post up as quickly as I could.

So Skid does art too? May we see some???

Quantum and Bob and Skid, hello to you all!

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join