It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 6

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I do like brownies...
I hate lollies, though. Chewy lollies like snakes or gum-imitations are awful.

Speaking of New, they'd probably like this little thing, going by their signature.
"One one was a race horse. Two one was one too. One one won one race, Two One won one too."

Ah, the third. I'd probably describe that as "longing" in terms of the emotion it expresses. It's probably the most "cheerful" of the six in terms of color, though.

Since you like that one, here is a large piece I made some time ago using the same render. It's one of the few ones where I've started out with a proper concept rather than developing it as I went.

There are tweaks I can still see that I could make to improve it, but ultimately I was very happy with that one.

edit on 19/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Looks really nice, can I ask you how I can make my avatar longer?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

As a little addendum, here's a snapshot of that piece while it was still in development.

As well as an easy link to the final product to see it in full size rather than the shrunk down version ATS is showing in my post. (It's roughly 35% smaller.)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
So... What is this place, anyway? It seems like a general-purpose randomness and chat thread, but I seem to recall something about roleplay as well.

Hello and welcome to the shed! I see Martin has left a link for you. Thank you Jess!

I can add more about the story telling. For now, there are different people writing their own story lines. Sometimes we all come together in a story line and interact. Our story entries are written in a different colored font so that it is easier to find amongst all the chatter. Some of us use teal as it is easier on the eyes, though others have picked different colors which is fine.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Both are amazing!!!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I'd recommend clicking on my signature and asking for help there. It's been a while since I've done the stuff necessary for background avatars.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

What medium do you use for your artwork? We have many talented folks here at the shed.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We could think of all KINDS of neat things to add under your picture!!!

Thank you so much for sharing the links!!! It is neat to be able to see it "in process". The color difference is amazing!!! I love the larger finished work, beautiful!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you Night for stepping in. You are such a better Hostess. I just steal brownies and pass them out with coffee. LOL

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I will emphasize that I do not draw these. I make them, yes, but I don't draw. (Well, I do draw, just not that well. Here's an incomplete version of something done by my own hand.)

Number Two in particular is just lighting, a bit of smudging, and eye color alteration. Not complicated at all. You could learn to do exactly that in... I'd say about twenty minutes. Something morel like two minutes or less if you're already familiar with Photoshop.

edit on 19/5/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: INCORRECT LINK

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Miss Raine!!!

You've got mail...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mostly digital. Mostly GFX with Photoshop, I very occasionally actually draw things using a tablet and I have some old physical medium artwork I may one day post. While I'd say I have the talent, I don't have the willpower to practice enough to make use of it. So most of my hand art is "impressive to people who can't draw" as a good descriptor. XD

It's such a pain, though. I always have to emphasize so much to people who aren't familiar that I don't actually draw the characters I create images from. The most basic way of explaining it is probably that I'm like a Chef. I combine the ingredients to make something tasty (stock photos, effects, renders,) I don't create them like a farmer would.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Your still a artist even though you don't draw. You brain sees your image and puts it in Photoshop. That is art to me!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh, yes, I'm definitely still an artist. I'm just always worried that people will get confused and think I've drawn the characters myself, giving me credit I do not in any way deserve. >_>

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Thank you Night for stepping in. You are such a better Hostess. I just steal brownies and pass them out with coffee. LOL

You stepped in quickly to help and even posted the perfect link, which I wouldn't have even thought to do. LOL So you did great as a hostess! Thanks!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Anyway, I have stayed up two hours longer than I should have. Good night. I will attempt to collect and answer questions and inquiries tomorrow.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Art to me is something that is created with imagination!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hello, all. Is everyone still awake?

It's finally a sunny day. Let's see how long that lasts.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Goodnight Mr. Newbie, I shall call you Eil or leyn or something short because your name is too long. LOL

Hi again Quantum!

Hiya Wolfie! My Synchronicity pal.

Doing laundry and a ton of dishes and things that I took down from a high kitchen cupboard I can't reach without a step stool. LOL Also running around doing other things like getting Birthday gifts together for end of the month parties and what-not. Still peeking in here though.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi there. How's it going?

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join