It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow PC gamers and nerds alike..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey all,

Wondering if there is any MUDers out there left?

I am waiting to update my PC for Blizzards Overview and Heroes of the Storm but until then I am playing Dark Pawns, a MUD that my friend owns.

Very very well designed and balanced. Scripting is aloud quietly, and its been around since 1998.

Let me know if your interested and ill add details.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

MUD, that's an old school terminology right? Was it the precursor to MMORPG's?

I don't play any MUD's, I just play League of Legends and TF2. I've been thinking about buying a PS4 though.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I used to play discworld mud and another one I helped design and build (had a graphical point and click interface too), but the owner up and ditched everything. That was quite a few years ago though.

I've still got my login for discworld though and I occasionally login just because

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

yeah its old school but its still fun, its no LOL or WOW, or soon to be overview but i enjoy it.

plus i can practice scripting.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I don't mean to be nitpicky... but.. it's Overwatch.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That is old school and fun I've not played any MUD'S since 2000.. This is funny tho, hopefully not off topic?, found my Command and Conquer red alert 2 for PC the other day and wow it's old but seriously brilliant think I'll buy the rest of them again just for some battling fun lol.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Overview or Overwatch?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Omg! I love that game! I lost my CDs and a little piece has died. I betcha there are still plenty of multiplayer servers available, I just know it!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Omg! I love that game! I lost my CDs and a little piece has died. I betcha there are still plenty of multiplayer servers available, I just know it!

Me loves it to! lol.

I'm with you, betting people are still playing it online or secretly offline at home like me from now on, unless i find people who are still online, now it's like Pokemon need to find them all :-) lol.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cheers for at least making me look up what the MUD stands for. Old time gamer here .At first we called MUd - hotseat. Over the years it came to evolve into something much better.
Yes , I would play a MUD game now , and you started my research

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

privateergaming.com

port;

I use GMUD

valiant8086.com...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Gothmog

privateergaming.com

port;

I use GMUD

valiant8086.com...

It may be a while . I just donated a chunk o' change to the Humble Store's Humble Bundle charity and got a boatload of good games for next to nothing in return .

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Picked all of the C&C games up in a sale Bundle not long ago for less than $10 ( I think... if not, it wasn't much more ). Absolutely one of my fave game series of all time!

As for MUD's... think they've faded away now that FPS games get most of the online players.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Been playing heroes of the storm for the last year.

Want to pick up overwatch too the beta was waaaay more fun than I expected.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Picked all of the C&C games up in a sale Bundle not long ago for less than $10 ( I think... if not, it wasn't much more ). Absolutely one of my fave game series of all time!

Wow that's very lucky and what a price.

They were one of my fave games back in 2000-2004, I'd play C&C for hours at a time without getting bored as you had almost unlimited ways to destroy the other base etc.

How many C&C games are their? cause i lost count at Uries revenge or something along those lines.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I just checked and it appears there are 17 - at least that's how many there are in the compilation I purchased. Amazon has it right now for $15 but I think I may have paid about half that. The compilation is called "Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection".

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I just checked and it appears there are 17 - at least that's how many there are in the compilation I purchased. Amazon has it right now for $15 but I think I may have paid about half that. The compilation is called "Command and Conquer: The Ultimate Collection".

Thanks for letting me know, think I'll be going on Amazon very shortly :-)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Never got into MUDs.

I did just get done playing a highly modded CIV 5 game. I experienced the joy of playing Stark Empire as Iron Man and marching around with an army that featured a few giant death robots, one Jedi warrior, and some XCOM units ... I got to beat up Boss Nass and the Gungans while allied with Garrus Vakarian, Martian Manhunter, and Darius of Persia.

There was something supremely satisfying about that craziness.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
I love the C&C games. Generals is probably my favorite but Zero Hour is a close second. Too bad they have to be played with the disc though. My drive isn't working so I can't play.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

How is heroes I waited forever for that game and my pc started having problems when it came out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join