It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I expect extreme ownership from my future leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is what I want to see from our leaders in education, politics and business.

Extreme ownership and personal responsibility. I don't think there's anyone who knows this better than Jocko Willink, ex Navy Seal.

I feel no guilt by firing all of congress, the senate, and Obama. None, zero.

Personal responsibility is the idea that human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. A corollary idea is that because we cause our actions, we can be held morally accountable or legally liable.

From Google...

I don't see any of our leaders doing this which means none of them are actually leaders. What we need is real leaders and not these jokes we have in the corporate and political paradigms telling us we can't handle making our own choices and we're not responsible enough to have guns or have the wacky tabbacky.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No matter who you are for...Trump, Clinton, or Sanders even, NONE of these three seem keen on taking ownership for mistakes made in the past.

Does Trump cop to misstating a fact or two? Nope
Does Clinton cop to getting Americans killed in Benghazi, or to her email security failings? Nope
Does Sanders cop to any responsibility for the VA disaster? Nope

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

True power is in our minds .As long as we vote for someone to govern us we are stuck in a mind set that requires someone to govern over us .We play their game and they get paid to act on our behalf .....

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Your leader??

You are free man my brother.. These people may run the country I live in.. But my leader!?

No f ing way...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We need to stop thinking of them as leaders.

They are REPRESENTATIVES.

Technically, they work for US, not the other way around.

One of these days, we'll remember this...though it may be from our barred windows.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
We need to stop thinking of them as leaders.

They are REPRESENTATIVES.

Technically, they work for US, not the other way around.

One of these days, we'll remember this...though it may be from our barred windows.

This. So much this.

I keep trying to remind those around me who seem to have gotten this little fact mixed up of the truth, who works for who. It's no wonder, they've poured endless amounts of time into making us feel powerless where we have power, and powerful where in actuality we have none.

top topics

join