It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoIntel and The Bullcrap People Get Upset About

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I think too many Americans are suffering from Elephant Syndrome and or Northern Pike Syndrome.

Elephant, Northern Pike Syndrome

I'm not sure that's an adequate explanation. I think most people would agree that the citizenry greatly outnumbers the government's pool of combatants, and so the public is at any time capable of rushing and overwhelming the government. At the same time, the "elite" or oligarchs represent an even smaller fraction of the total population, and so they also could be easily defeated. Given adequate organization, tactics and strategy, even the ATS user base alone would be capable over defeating both the US government and oligarchy, if it were to unite for such a purpose. That however is the issue; unity.

It's not that American dissidents are afraid to strike. It's that they've been conditioned to be followers, not leaders, and not individual actors either. We're a deeply conformist culture. We endeavor to act like everyone else, look like everyone else, sound like everyone else, and generally be everyone else. We've a collective, hive mentality, just like everywhere else in the modern world. Nobody's likely to take charge and rally everyone under their command in preparation for a revolution, nor is anyone likely to simply strike out on their own. Occasionally someone does step forward with a call to arms, and every once in a while a lone wolf does strike out at our mutual adversaries. It's however, very rare. People will pay attention when they learn of these things, watching to see what happens. They're waiting to see how many others also step forward, but nobody does, because everyone's waiting for the other guy to take that step first.

I remember some years ago when retired US Army general Paul Vallely approached the Tea Party and said that if they're ready to take the next step, he's willing to lead them into battle. The Tea Party declined; they weren't ready. These were boys, not men. Yet there were several US Army units which were sympathetic to Vallely at the time, and I personally know soldiers who were excited by his proposition. They wanted to follow him into battle, but Vallely was unwilling to act with only the support of the military. He didn't want a military coup de'tat. He wanted the support of the civilian population. He wanted a mandate from the American citizens. He didn't get one though. The Tea Party was too distracted protesting meaninglessly like children, and nobody had the audacity to take it further. Keep in mind that the Tea Party was all about the "one percent," a reference to the oligarchy. Vallely apparently wanted to strike the New World Order. Had the Tea Party stepped forward that day, history since that time would've been very different.

These men and women would've have a real general leading them, and real soldiers fighting along side them. I don't think they thought it couldn't be done. I don't think they thought about the proposal at all. I think they thought they were having fun protesting. I think they didn't think at all.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Why aren't rhetoric and critical thinking taught in publik school?

<< 1   >>

join