It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoIntel and The Bullcrap People Get Upset About

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that the talk of the town is never a subject of any real importance? What gets everyone riled up the most are topics that are completely meaningless, and arguments which are absolutely absurd. For example:

Boys who want to be girls should be allowed to use the girls room!
That Zimmerman had no right to shoot that man for just attacking him!
Neither did that cop!
Our teenagers deserve $15 an hour for flipping burgers, McDonalds!

What you observe is the result of someone injecting nonsense and controversy into the populace through the media. Don't all these subjects, after all, sound remarkably similar to the international controversies we've seen over the years?

How dare the Russians ram a US Navy ship after it crossed into Russian waters!
I can't believe the Russians poisoned their spy after he defected to the British!
France just said there's no WMDs in Iraq! FREEDOM FRIES!

None of those positions make a lick of sense, yet they were so frequently discussed and hotly debated during their time. Why? Because you're being distracted, manipulated and conditioned. You're capacity for indepent thought and critical thinking are being heinously assaulted while the government performs the magician's trick "slight of hand." Watch what this hand is doing, not the other! The media dangles these topics in front of you like a parent jiggling keys in front of a baby.

Is it any shock that "free healthcare" became "you'll buy health insurance or you'll be fined by the IRS?" After all, didn't the current bathroom debate originate from the government forcing state and local governments to allow those boys who think they're girls to start using girls restrooms?

It's all bullcrap. Complete nonsense. To distract you. To control you. But there's something very ominous orchestrating it. There's a very dark reason for it all. You've gotta ask yourself though: do you want the blue pill, or do you want the red? Peer into the rabbit hole, and you will see the man behind the curtain. You'll know what levers he pulls, and you'll understand precisely why he's doing it. Every time. Immediately.

Every single aspect of our society and world is a lie. Your perception is a product of a lifetime of brainwashing. However truth is right in front of your noses, each and every one of you, but most will never see it. Even conspiracy theorists. Think, if you dare.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Unless you can tell us who this mysterious person is behind the curtain, and document it with evidence, then your post is worthless.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah.. i get all that.. but what is your opinion on the transgender issues of late..
Oh and did you hear sinead o conner has gone missing, apparantly went for a bike ride and not seen since..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Unless you can tell us who this mysterious person is behind the curtain, and document it with evidence, then your post is worthless.

You have to understand that the nature of the group he is referring to has so much power, money, resources and inside information at their disposal that finding clear evidence that implicates them is close to impossible.

So then, you might ask, what compels us to suspect such a group exists without those golden documents?

Well, if you do the research on secret societies and major events throughout history, you will notice there is a pattern of sorts that is very difficult to connect, but it's still there. Coincidences have occurred and continue to occur that seem extremely unlikely to happen by chance alone.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
For years, every time I turned on the television it was always the same news story being repeated over and over again. Apparently, this is the only thing which ever happens in the world:

The joys of living in a free and democratic society. You've never gotta worry about a thing, because there's nothing of any real consequence ever happening. Except for those crazy gun nuts always ranting about some second abendent of the constibution, or whatever. Some fat guy even says 9/11 is an inside job! Thank the lord Jesus Christ that our heroic policemen are here to protect us those nutcases. 'Murica. Never gotta think about nothin, because the government will always be around to handle the thinking for us. And now, it's time to get back to watching that football game so that tomorrow I can tell my friends about all the bad calls the refs made.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Navarro
And one reason why ATS has been reduced to a bunch of threads adding fuel to that fire, with the same participants, moving from thread to thread, espousing the same old message. "I am right."

"If you don't agree with me;
"You are an idiot." "You are being obtuse." "You are a troll." "You are a: 1. Racist, 2. Bigot, 3. Nazi, 4. SJW, 5. Apologist, 6._________ (fill in the blank)".

The content that people used to come to ATS for, is sorely lacking. Those great contributors stopped contributing because their content is ignored in favor of the latest absurdity that is being pushed down our throats.

ATS, I think has played it's part. Both for the good and bad of it. The world, and the internet is moving on. We are becoming old school. Where it goes is anybody's guess. I just know where ever it goes, we are the ones pushing the bus.

I just hope I am dead and long gone before the bus arrives here. We are One loses something when it translated by TPTB.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes...I'm pretty sure something horrible is being worked on and pushed through behind the scenes right now.

Everyone is being fed and distracted by this high-drama...it's a great way to keep the plebes throwing food at one another.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why makes you think this phenomenon is the product of the Government exclusively?

Human beings (regardless of import or position) frequently indulge in this type of behavior of their own recourse and reconnaissance.

I'm guessing you are unaware of gossips and rumor mills that infest every social dynamic out there, as if such behavior is only exclusively the whim of the "power elite."

Nonsense.

This distraction, hyperbolic gossip, speculation and type of discourse runs rampant through humanity.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have to wonder at the use of the word "you" throughout the OP. The rerernces are almost always 'you, not "us' or 'we' .
You seem to be distinguishing yourself as some one 'apart' from the rest of us mindless 'non-thinkers'". You even declare that though the truth is right before our eyes, MOST will never see it. Including conspiracy theorists.
Do you at all suspect that 'you' too might be victim of all this 'brainwashing"? Though you may not, my guess is yes you are. Why?

Because in your whole rant you do not mention big business, the corporations. You point the finger only at all of us 'non-thinkers' and the government that controls us. You express concern about the man behind the mirror who pulls all the levers. I think you are right. But not completely because I think that you too have fallen prey to one of the biggest distraction that the man behind the screen has perpetrated on us. That distraction is that it is GOVERNMENT that is the culprit. May I suggest you did a little deeper, toss off that distraction you have fallen into and take a look at what I consider to be the real dream maker. The current manner in which the economic system controls us.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 16 May 2016 14:31:53 -0500Mon, 16 May 2016 14:31:53 -050016052016-05-16T14:31:53-05:00200000031 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
This video places everything in a nut shell. You don't have to watch the full 2 hours to get a clear picture of what s going on, and it shows it has been going on for a very long time.

It was not hidden and the truth of it is easily found. You really don't have to do any research. Just open your eyes and look around you.

The problem is, they are so damn good at what they do, that they don't have to put us on leashes. We do their dirty work for them. We willing pay for our gilded cages, kill each other, and hang ourselves.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree with what you are saying. Still, if one chooses to go down an alternate route, they can confirm this stuff by doing research and utilising their critical thinking skills.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: schuyler

You have to understand that the nature of the group he is referring to has so much power, money, resources and inside information at their disposal that finding clear evidence that implicates them is close to impossible.

So then, you might ask, what compels us to suspect such a group exists without those golden documents?

Well, if you do the research on secret societies and major events throughout history, you will notice there is a pattern of sorts that is very difficult to connect, but it's still there. Coincidences have occurred and continue to occur that seem extremely unlikely to happen by chance alone.

Once a person has conducted sufficient research and applied adequate reasoning, they will arrive at the unmistakable discovery that yes, wealthy and powerful individuals are manipulating and controlling our society in order to maintain their current powerbase and also to achieve additional control and influence. In that moment, one recognizes that nothing's changed after having confirmed that fact. They had known it all along, because the matter is completely obvious for any capable of applying logic.

It's not impossible to prove as many suspect. The members of our oligarchy have repeatedly and directly affirmed this, especially in their own memoirs. Blatantly, arrogantly. The golden age of information was truly the nineties and early 2000's, when the average citizen was capable of easily obtaining sensitive information from the government's own databases speaking to these and related matters. "Hackers" could access sensitive materials simply by "root searches," and "cracking." For example, if only a few threads were made available for public consumption on ATS, and this was one of them, you could simply take abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1117810/pg1#lastPost and backspace to abovetopsecret.com/forum/ and suddenly have access to all threads. Alternately, it was equally effective to employ common backdoor logins, such as "Admin" and leaving the password blank, allowing complete access to the system.

In those days the government even published its contracts for online public review, and often those contracts contained extremely sensitive information. For example, nobody ever questions how facebook stayed afloat for years without any form of advertisement or other forms of revenue. It turned out that facebook had more than a private investigators propping it up. The federal government paid millions and millions each year for discrete, unfettered access to all information submitted to facebook, public and private. Facebook was a means to collect information. The world was writing their own files and submitting them direct to the NSA database for analysis through various algorithms and systems. Did I really need to read the contract to know that? Of course not. It was completely obvious even in those early days. What competent intelligence apparatus wouldn't have ceased such an opportunity?

Of course, today's information security is more complex than it was in those days. There's no more hacking the Pentagon through backdoors or querying Space Command through root searches. I could tell you what I've found there. I could quote from Kissinger's memoirs or link you to information about the 1954 Congressional investigation into the very subject of the oligarchy and the damning evidence collected by a government which had yet to be fully corrupted. Or I could simply refer you to JFK's speech on the subject and hope you at least discover the documentation pertaining to JFK's war with the CIA. His quotes related to the subject, his firing of a CIA chief corrupted by the oligarchy, citing their repeated failures to assassinate Castro. Only, of course, to then be assassinated himself, with that fired CIA chief immediately brought back into government service by Johnson in order to lead the investigation into who killed Kennedy, when Kennedy's assassin was even assassinated himself by a known CIA asset, in spook style. Loose ends, you know. I could even refer to you Reserve Bank stocks, especially with regard to principal holders.

I could do it all for you, but I can't make you understand it. Comprehension is really all that you need, and you needn't documents to reason. If one cares to understand and is capable of grasping the subject, they'll find the evidence themselves. I've after all posted some interesting leads here. It's just a question of whether or not one actually cares, but the process is that which provides theorists with the analytical skills necessary to fully grasp the ramifications of it all. Telling an infant that 12x12=144 would serve no purpose. Besides, the issue is more complex than a golden document. It's an immensely complex matter, spanning every aspect of our global society down to the most minute details. Education with regard to such a subject isn't a matter for a thread on a forum.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I have to wonder at the use of the word "you" throughout the OP. The rerernces are almost always 'you, not "us' or 'we' .
You seem to be distinguishing yourself as some one 'apart' from the rest of us mindless 'non-thinkers'". You even declare that though the truth is right before our eyes, MOST will never see it. Including conspiracy theorists.
Do you at all suspect that 'you' too might be victim of all this 'brainwashing"? Though you may not, my guess is yes you are. Why?

Because in your whole rant you do not mention big business, the corporations. You point the finger only at all of us 'non-thinkers' and the government that controls us. You express concern about the man behind the mirror who pulls all the levers. I think you are right. But not completely because I think that you too have fallen prey to one of the biggest distraction that the man behind the screen has perpetrated on us. That distraction is that it is GOVERNMENT that is the culprit. May I suggest you did a little deeper, toss off that distraction you have fallen into and take a look at what I consider to be the real dream maker. The current manner in which the economic system controls us.

You've made an astute observation about my use of the word "you," but your conclusion is inaccurate. I concentrated on government simply for simplification purposes. Those less knowledgeable could better grasp the presentation, and those better informed should, generally, understand the big picture being alluded to. I after all referred to the media, which is a private industry, operated by private individuals. However I don't think it's necessary that I begin with explaining all actors involved, their roles, their significance, or even their identities. One needn't describe the atomic elements and interactions occurring within the sun to point to its existence. I need only point.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
And one reason why ATS has been reduced to a bunch of threads adding fuel to that fire, with the same participants, moving from thread to thread, espousing the same old message. "I am right."

"If you don't agree with me;
"You are an idiot." "You are being obtuse." "You are a troll." "You are a: 1. Racist, 2. Bigot, 3. Nazi, 4. SJW, 5. Apologist, 6._________ (fill in the blank)".

The content that people used to come to ATS for, is sorely lacking. Those great contributors stopped contributing because their content is ignored in favor of the latest absurdity that is being pushed down our throats.

ATS, I think has played it's part. Both for the good and bad of it. The world, and the internet is moving on. We are becoming old school. Where it goes is anybody's guess. I just know where ever it goes, we are the ones pushing the bus.

I just hope I am dead and long gone before the bus arrives here. We are One loses something when it translated by TPTB.

Counter intelligence and cyber warfare aren't new things. Any entity seeking to control information will no doubt also seek to control the narrative. It's controlled opposition and information superiority leading to full-spectrum dominance. In the early days the word "shill" was much more common than today, and there's a reason for that. Certain conspiracy forums, which shall go nameless for the same of this thread's continuity, were demonstrated at depth to be counter-intelligence operations, as were certain alternative media figures. For the most part, that's been forgotten. Much credit must be given to those who worked to silence the opposition. Some of the professionals involved have evolved greatly from the days of sheer reliance on spam and exhaustion. Who would've thought Alex Jones could overcome the evidence linking him to the CIA by simply acknowledging that yes, he has indisputable and deep connections to the CIA, followed by simply moving forward. These days he's so comfortable with the subject that he'll even remark upon it on his own, without first being cornered into doing so. The tables are completely turned on that matter, where now the informed dissident is only left to spam against Jones as the shills of the past (and the lesser shills of today), but again arrive at the impasse of eventual exhaustion.

I'd like to look at conspiracy websites as an opportunity learn and to educate, and sometimes I find myself presented with opportunities to do so. Especially where a subject isn't yet in the minds of the common conspiracy theorist, and thus isn't a priority for manipulation. These days though, regrettably, the primary advantage to posting in a conspiracy forum is the opportunity to conduct sociological experiments with regard to the conditioning of the masses. Monitoring progress and assessing effectiveness, mostly. The purpose of this thread though was simply to educate and also to rant a bit.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

In that moment, one recognizes that nothing's changed after having confirmed that fact. They had known it all along, because the matter is completely obvious for any capable of applying logic.

It used to be, and for many, it probably is still true, that as a child, we had an innate curiosity for our world, and almost everything in it.

Between the ages of 2 and 4, the number one word in a child's vocabulary is "why". Children are not just interested in their world, they demand answers to those perplexing questions they just can't wrap their heads around.

I was very lucky that I had a mother that didn't, out of frustration, just push me aside, or chase me away, with a "because I said so", or a, "that is just the way it is", for an answer. She encouraged me to research the answers to my questions, and she encouraged my critical thinking.

We have lost our curiosity of the world. We no longer seek answers for the things that don't make sense in our world. We are afraid to ask why? We are afraid to admit that we don't understand. We are afraid to say when we believe something is wrong. We are afraid to say "NO". We are afraid.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

In that moment, one recognizes that nothing's changed after having confirmed that fact. They had known it all along, because the matter is completely obvious for any capable of applying logic.

It used to be, and for many, it probably is still true, that as a child, we had an innate curiosity for our world, and almost everything in it.

Between the ages of 2 and 4, the number one word in a child's vocabulary is "why". Children are not just interested in their world, they demand answers to those perplexing questions they just can't wrap their heads around.

I was very lucky that I had a mother that didn't, out of frustration, just push me aside, or chase me away, with a "because I said so", or a, "that is just the way it is", for an answer. She encouraged me to research the answers to my questions, and she encouraged my critical thinking.

We have lost our curiosity of the world. We no longer seek answers for the things that don't make sense in our world. We are afraid to ask why? We are afraid to admit that we don't understand. We are afraid to say when we believe something is wrong. We are afraid to say "NO". We are afraid.

I find this brilliant and profound, the ending in particular. There is of course little benefit to a subjugated population capable of critical thinking. Western culture long ago adopted religion to erode ones capacity for reason from an early age. Christianity is one of those first more complex subjects which an American parent will go out've their way to teach their child. The foundation of their analytical skills begins with acceptance of such notions as an invisible man in the clouds and also a fat man shimmying down all the worlds chimneys in a single night. When speaking to a person I sometimes wonder at what age they finally realized their parents had lied to them, and there was no Santa Claus after all. From there they go on to receive formal education from the school system, where at no time are they encouraged to reason. You learn dates. It's not so important the you grasp the events which occurred on the date. What's important is that you can associate it with dates. The closest a student comes to reasoning in general education is through mathematics, which is an extremely rigid system. 2+2 will never equate to anything but four. The entire educational process readies the student for servitude and nothing further. The child becomes comfortable with maintaining conventional eight hour work days, accepting everything told to them by an authority figure as absolute and undebatable truth, and they never, at any time, learn to think critically.

I wasn't educated by the public system, and nobody ever encouraged me to think. My mother was a typical American housewife aside from the fact that she had consciously chosen to avoid influencing my perception of the world, philosophically or otherwise, at least for the most part. My father was a typical father-figure of that time period. He was either working, out with the boys, or napping on a recliner with a sporting event on the television. Neither taught me much, and I was primarily self-educated or "home schooled." I'm not sure how much of that can attribute my analytical skills to, but I do find it interesting how much difficulty others seem to have with comprehending even the simplest things, and I wonder why precisely that is. It's my suspicion that genetics may play a role, but I think it difficult to deny that my lack of exposure to conditioning is the primary reason. Sometimes though I do regret that I can't simply "root for the home team" that is "the good ole US of A" like most, or take comfort in the thought that some magical being in the clouds is watching out for me, and has somewhere for me to go once I die. The sand seems an awfully comfortable place to rest ones head in this environment.

I don't perceive that to be fear though. I think of it as attrition, years isolated by reason. This is more than an alien world to me. It's an asylum. There's no convincing the schizophrenic man next to me that the sadistic and tyrannical orderlies must be curtailed. He's too busy calling in his vote for the next president on his shoe to listen. Those intelligent enough to grasp our mutual situation number too few. The rest of the patients can go on making all the phone calls over their shoes that they want, but I personally would prefer an existence less of a dystopian nightmare, as selfish as that may seem.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

2+2 will never equate to anything but four. The entire educational process readies the student for servitude and nothing further. The child becomes comfortable with maintaining conventional eight hour work days, accepting everything told to them by an authority figure as absolute and undebatable truth, and they never, at any time, learn to think critically.

I think this short video shows the exact point you are making.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Fair enough. My hang up though is I shudder at the number of people who understand the controls laid upon us by the very nature of government, yet who fail to understand or extrapolate further into the whole prison of the mind which seems to be our modern day culture. It's kinda like a boxer whose trainer trains him how to avoid right hooks yet fails to train him against left hooks and upper cuts.

And I see now you have not fallen to the distraction that 'it's all governments fault" and that indeed that itself can serve as a distraction from even more 'behind the scenes' control

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I think too many Americans are suffering from Elephant Syndrome and or Northern Pike Syndrome.

Elephant, Northern Pike Syndrome

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn And that night, I think to be not just a national syndrome but rather an natural aspect of our species. How simply we slide out of conscious engagement with the world around us and just rely upon learned behavior that once served to define our reality. Good point there night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join