It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) does not hate and is not a hate group. It is a donation funded non governmental organization that tracks hate groups. On occasion, as in the Aryan Nation's case, it has been able to prevail in civil suits against such organizations for the harm hate group members did to our fellow citizens.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lunatux

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) does not hate and is not a hate group. It is a donation funded non governmental organization that tracks hate groups. On occasion, as in the Aryan Nation's case, it has been able to prevail in civil suits against such organizations for the harm hate group members did to our fellow citizens.

See, now that's a rational, fairly clear statement of facts.

But, for those whose beliefs align with these groups that SPLC opposes, for example, those who wish to make some Americans back into second-class citizens based on race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion etc. ... SPLC is the "hate group."

Our society is being (or has been) radicalized. The only argument is about who the radicals are.

edit on 20-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
More division. What a swell leader.

Somebody get this person a drink.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Gender dysphoria is clearly a mental illness and is in fact defined as such by the American Psychiatric Association in the DSM-5 if certain criteria are met. I am not sure why we are supposed to cater to these people.

What is catering? How will you not cater to these people? They are mentally ill? This is eciting to hear, howthey are mentally ill.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lunatux

Also, to add:

SPLC does not name a group a hate group just for being against LGBT.

They name them as a hate group when they promote false and misguided information.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Pretty sure SPLC would call me a racist (or hate group if that is your preferred terminology) because I don't care for Obama as a president (I might get along with him as a person, never met him). But I will say that SPLC is fairly catty about whatever they don't like for whatever reason. Heck, the ADL even attacked a few of the members here on ATS a few years back. Different groups, different causes but same approach to be honest...in fact I wouldn't be surprised to find that they list each other as hate groups.

Point is, if you are using a one stop shop for who you should hate because they say that they hate; then you probably believe that a husband and wife team is the end all and be all as to what is real or fake without them injecting political bias or protections on topics they cover...

Just saying.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: dismanrc
a reply to: amazing

Depends on how you want to view them.

If you have conservative views then they hate you.

So, now it's hate to tell the truth about what someone believes, says, what they stand for etc.?

I'd guess your comment says more about the sad state of what passes as "conservativism" in 21st century America than anything about the SPLC.

EDIT: For the record, I do believe that we have culturally overused the terms "hate group" and "hate crime" ... as many of these groups are not advocating for violence or other crimes against minority groups ... however, calling such entities "Groups Promoting Rampant Ignorance and Fraud" just doesn't have the same kick.

I Agree with the WAY over use of the term.

As for the the other. So it not hate to call someone a raciest and bigot just because they are conservative or a Christian?
Seems to be a Liberal party platform to say "we must tolerate all, except when then don't agree with us." Now I'm not going to say their are not some on the right that are overboard also, but no where near the left. I know people on both side of the issue. Most conservatives I know may not like some of the issues, but unless it impacts them directly they let others live how they want. Not so true from the other side.

Lets look at the Transgender bathroom issue that so big right now. It was not even a issue until the left brought it up. I have never seen it happen. Has a transgender used the bathroom with my wife or daughter? Maybe, but if they did they had the curtsy to go in, do their business and leave them out of it. For the locker room issue do they even think about the feelings of the other girls in the room? Maybe they don't want to see his stuff bouncing around. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as he is happy. Who cares if it upsets or confuses the others as long as the one is satisfied.
But of course sense I have brought up this issue, I'm sure I will have a few bigot, raciest, intolerant tags added to me.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can say from first hand experience that some people are just born with traits of the opposite sex. It is biological in nature and not something that was conditioned.

Can it be conditioned? - possibly.

Should it be encouraged? - No.

Should it be discouraged? - Probably not.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
It was not even a issue until the left brought it up.

It was made an issue by the RIGHT.

Not the left.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'd say if you make any change to social practices, that is making it an "Issue". That lands soundly in the lap of what I will call the "Left"

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
nm
edit on 27-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Funny, the left has no problem with non-discrimination laws. It's always the right that has problems with it. From getting rid of Jim Crow laws, to interracial marriage, to same-sex marriage, to trans rights: all have been fought against by the right. Who's the ones with the issues again?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Annee

I'd say if you make any change to social practices, that is making it an "Issue". That lands soundly in the lap of what I will call the "Left"

March 23, 2016 ... Governor signs HB2 forbidding cities in North Carolina from local passage of any transgender rights bills

May 13, 2016 ... Obama Administration issues guidance letter to nation's schools clarifying how Title IX requirements apply to rights of Trans* students and addressing safety and privacy concerns FOR ALL STUDENTS.

So, unless you think Pat McCrory is "Left" ... this is a right-wing attack on privacy and equal rights.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Sure as # not by saying it's normal and that society must accept it as normal...lol

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join