It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Most of those articles were before all of this mess started.

Do you have any evidence that crimes in bathrooms will increase if you let transgender people in bathrooms they identify as?

Are you aware that transgender people have been using bathrooms they identify as for years and years with no problem? Target has had this policy for YEARS.

How do you explain that?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Predators don't care about laws. And besides I don't see any evidence that crimes in bathrooms will increase after you let transgender people in there.

Basically it's the same argument about black people using bathrooms back then.

It's not the same argument. No one is going to try to claim to be black to get access to the bathroom of the opposite sex.

You are trying to use an analogy that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You put forth this compelling opinion, and it begs the question; Why do YOU say that its rank absurdity?

He was turning the table around on you guys. If you guys are that concerned about children's safety then why not talk about churches? What about guns? Etc.

Have to be consistent.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What's "strange" differs from person to person.

And previous laws do not matter and this now legally allows anyone to declare themselves a man or a woman and walk into any locker room or bathroom in which they please.

What's difficult to understand about this? Previously if a guy walked into a women's locker room he'd be thrown out. That guy legally now can say "I declare I'm a woman, that's what I identify as" and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

link   

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: In4ormant

Why don't you read what the lead author of this study has to say about it? Fact Check

I'm done reading on this. (I did read the rebuttal)

I am taking the stance of all the major studies around the world.

I would wait until after puberty to give nature a chance. Im.not surgically altering my kids body permanently until then. I'm not suppressing puberty to then perform that surgery. Once it's done it's done.

I'm giving them EVERY opportunity afforded to them and puberty is one of them.

Should it still persist after puberty then we would move forward.

link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

People have claimed that there will be violence and diseases spreading etc. in bathrooms if you allow black people in bathrooms.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's not the same argument. No one is going to try to claim to be black to get access to the bathroom of the opposite sex.

You are trying to use an analogy that has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

Yes - it is. It is the exact same argument.

You are (as ever) catastrophizing.

And why on EARTH would any true rapist bother to dress up in lipstick, grow breasts, undergo hormone treatment, and learn to walk in high heels just so they could attack some hapless young coed in the restroom???

Answer: They wouldn't.

If you dress up and go into bathrooms hoping to get stealthy, then that's on YOU.

Don't project it onto others.
edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I understand your concern. Wouldn't you notice if someone was staring at you in locker's room? You have the right to be concerned and call the cops. You have laws on your back.

Again show me evidence that the crimes will increase.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Are you aware that transgender people have been using bathrooms they identify as for years and years with no problem? Target has had this policy for YEARS.

How do you explain that?

Target Manager Tells Man He Can Use Women’s Restroom (Video)

Monday, April 25, 2016

Brietbart.com contributor Andy Park wore a hidden camera to test Target’s transgender bathroom policy that allows men to use the women’s restroom.

Wearing a button down shirt, blue jeans, and 2 days of beard stubble, Park asked an employee at the Bay Pines Target store in St Petersburg if he could use the ladies restroom. The employee laughed and said a man came in the day before and asked the same question.

The employee referred Park to the store manager who confirmed that Park was welcome to use the ladies room.

The store manager told Park that if any women in the restroom had a problem with him being in there, he would “speak to them” about it.

More than 630,000 Americans have signed a petition to boycott Target over its transgender restroom policy.

The American Family Association said Target’s new policy encourages sexual predators and puts women and girls in danger.

sandrarose.com...

It the person looks like a man, that person shouldn't be in a woman's bathroom. How are you going to stop men who are not transgender, or perverts in general from using this new "government mandate" to their advantage?

If a person/child has the sex organs of one sex, that person/child should not be in the bathroom of the opposite sex. Only small children accompanied by their mother should be allowed in a woman's bathroom.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

True, some are a few months old, but I dont see youre point.

Second
www.familyfirst.org.nz...
"Pro-family leaders are pointing out that this is exactly the type of incident they warned of as the Ontario government passed its “gender identity” bill, dubbed the “bathroom bill,” in 2012."

Its has been happening, men dressing up as women for the sole purpose of assault or peeping.

The only thing stopping them is getting a letter changed on the DL, if that!

Why throw open the doors in the name of equality when its giving loops holes to abuse this trust?

People are starving, why not open up all stores for the taking? Because we know the bad guys would ruin it for everyone and cause trouble. It would be foolish to open yourself up to a danger like that.

Next thing we will have this guy squealing for rights to hang out at a daycare center.
www.dailymail.co.uk... efonknee.html

Do we have any ageist activists to condone such claims?

We will with this type of thinking, IMHO of course.
edit on 5172016 by Butterfinger because: link added

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Breitbart? LOL.

Anyway what you do not realize that we do agree with you and understand your concern. This is a manufactured fear from the far right. This all started because it's election year! And guess who started it?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Someone who intends mischief, invasion of privacy, assault, sexual assault, rape, etc. is NOT going to be aided by allowing people to use public facilities appropriate to their gender NOR prevented from their malicious intentions by establishing discriminatory bathroom "Pee Patrols."

The fallacy here is one of sui generis ... the claim that sexual predators are going to have greater access than they have now "merely" by declaration or because we can all use the bathroom appropriate to our gender identity.

Gender identity is not the problem. Privacy and safety are. Funny, none of you so concerned about ladies and girls are coming up with any means to keep them safer from predators. Isn't that the point?

If these predators are so ready to attack in public bathrooms, aren't the public bathrooms the real problem?

If you're not primarily interested in safety ... what are you interested in? Controlling those whose gender identity and sexual orientation don't meet your criteria?

Cause that's all I'm seeing here.

edit on 17-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Huh?

The crimes won't increase as this activity will now be legal. Before it was illegal for a man to waltz into a women's bathroom or locker room and mingle around naked teen girls.

Now, it's legal. It's legal as he can now declare he's a woman.

And what is this just call the cops, crap? Folks should just ditch concern about men changing with their wives and daughters because if they find anything strange, they can just call the cops?

So why not just have coed bathrooms and locker rooms everywhere? Men, women, kids, everyone sharing the same bathrooms and locker rooms as if something is strange, just call the cops.

It's also a complete waste of police resources and tax dollars to have them police what people find "strange" in locker rooms. Good lord.
edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And the funny thing is the Fundies are making this more dangerous for women and children .

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Again, it changes nothing. I've told you that predators don't care about the laws. This will not "encourage" them to be more daring. They just don't care! You are worried too much about nothing. The far right have you on hook, line and sinker.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And the funny thing is the Fundies are making this more dangerous for women and children .

And they're too blind from their own hate, self righteousness, and paranoia to see it.

What's going to happen is lesbians are going to get beat up.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You need to stop being obtuse if youre serious. LOL

No one is saying Trans people will do this.

Your "Black people" argument is ridiculously out of place here.

People are concerned with the reality that it will be taken advantage of.

Of course it happens now, but there will be laws that give some creeps the right to be in there because they convinced a doctor that they are another gender.

I for one dont approve of your constant insinuation that Trans people are the predisposed to abusing kids. We clearly said it was the creeps that lie to get in the door, not that trans people are kiddy diddlers

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I've had people on Fox News tell me that they would even shoot real women who look like men in bathrooms.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If your that afraid then take REASONABLE steps. If I see an obvious man walk in behind my daughter to the restroom, well, I'm obviously walking in there as well for a little clarification. I'm not gonna sit back and hope everything is ok.

You have a right to defend yourself and family against percieved threats. This doesn't mean you go in guns blazing but you can go in.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I've had people on Fox News tell me that they would even shoot real women who look like men in bathrooms.

I can almost guarantee it will happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join