It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American College of Pediatricians Says Reject Transgenderism

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wrong post
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

They had ample time to call the police.

link   
a reply to: Freija

Believe me when I say I've had every psychological test known to man and have seen probably a dozen different psychiatrists and psychologists growing up

Sorry, had to add that, I dont think you're crazy FWIW.

I do think its brave to cut a path nearly alone considering the time period, but could it be that the disconnect from your birth sex be something not "gender directed", maybe a deeper form of dysmorphia?

At the time, some of these more subtle forms of conditions were not realized/admitted/recognized. What did your doctors have to say about it, were they already hip?

This leads into conspiracy land, but I'm concerned that doctors(big pharma) may pander to some dementia to create a market for profit anyway they can.

No offense meant, I have an uncle that is gay, but he and his partner hold this view(apples commenting on oranges of course), and I thought it was worth discussing.

Not trolling, I am seriously asking you to weigh in with your personal experience.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden

Cecilia Dhejne,
Paul Lichtenstein,
Marcus Boman,
Anna L. V. Johansson,
Niklas Långström,
Mikael Landén

PLOS

Published: February 22, 2011
dx.doi.org...

Abstract
Context

The treatment for transsexualism is sex reassignment, including hormonal treatment and surgery aimed at making the person's body as congruent with the opposite sex as possible. There is a dearth of long term, follow-up studies after sex reassignment.
Objective

To estimate mortality, morbidity, and criminal rate after surgical sex reassignment of transsexual persons.
Design

A population-based matched cohort study.
Setting

Sweden, 1973-2003.
Participants

All 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls (10∶1) were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively.
Main Outcome Measures

Hazard ratios (HR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI) for mortality and psychiatric morbidity were obtained with Cox regression models, which were adjusted for immigrant status and psychiatric morbidity prior to sex reassignment (adjusted HR [aHR]).
Results

The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.
Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

journals.plos.org.../journal.pone.0016885

No, not all transgender people are like this, but accommodating children at an early age when their minds are so easily malleable by outside influences is not always a good idea and can bring a lot of problems for those children and to others.

- This study is irrelevant. Even though it was conducted over 30 years and had one of the largest sample sizes from a country far more progressive than ours. You see, it doesn't fit the narrative they are crusading and must be tossed out.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
American Medical Association

H-65.990 Civil Rights Restoration. The AMA reaffirms its long-standing policy that there is no basis for the denial to any human being of equal rights, privileges, and responsibilities commensurate with his or her individual capabilities and ethical character because of an individual's sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or transgender status, race, religion, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, or age. (BOT Rep. LL, I-86; Amended by Sunset Report, I-96; Modified: Res. 410, A-03; Reaffirmation A-05)

H-460.907 Encouraging Research Into the Impact of Long-Term Administration of Hormone Replacement Therapy in Transgender Patients Our AMA encourages research into the impact of long-term administration of hormone replacement therapy in transgender patients. (Res. 512, A-11)

"The Health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People Building a Foundation for Better Understanding" Institute of Medicine - National Academy of Sciences

(from page 145)

Gender variance, as it relates to expressing and exploring gender identity and gender roles, is a part of normal development. A relatively small percentage of gender-variant children develop an adult transgender identity (Green, 1987; Wallien and Cohen-Kettenis, 2008; Zucker and Bradley, 1995). However, research shows that the majority of adolescents with a gender-variant identity develop an adult transgender identity (Wallien and Cohen-Kettenis, 2008).

American Psychological Association - "Is being transgender a mental disorder?"

A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder. For these individuals, the significant problem is finding affordable resources, such as counseling, hormone therapy, medical procedures and the social support necessary to freely express their gender identity and minimize discrimination. Many other obstacles may lead to distress, including a lack of acceptance within society, direct or indirect experiences with discrimination, or assault. These experiences may lead many transgender people to suffer with anxiety, depression or related disorders at higher rates than nontransgender persons.

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), people who experience intense, persistent gender incongruence can be given the diagnosis of "gender dysphoria." Some contend that the diagnosis inappropriately pathologizes gender noncongruence and should be eliminated. Others argue that it is essential to retain the diagnosis to ensure access to care. The International Classification of Diseases (ICD) is under revision and there may be changes to its current classification of intense persistent gender incongruence as "gender identity disorder."

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thank you for adding these.

People didnt believe this would happen, now it has.

Remains to be seen if the same folks still deny it as a problem that will continue.

What stops someone from doing the same thing as the guy in Seattle Parks and Rec?

Just go to the DMV and change than M to an F and its all legal?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It is not legal to perv on women and girls. Why do people think that those laws will disappear if we let transgender people use bathrooms they identify as.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They had ample time to call the police.

It's not time that they were lacking. Those women could have been scared to call the police because it's possible they thought the man was truly transgender, and if they called the police, they could have thought the man could have filed a lawsuit against the women "citing phobia", or "harassment", or even "discrimination".

I gave you an example of this happening these days. A lot of people don't help others, for example if a woman is being attacked by her boyfriend, or husband, because the woman might charge the people trying to help her with "getting involved in what didn't concern them". In this sort of situation, maybe the women weren't sure either way if he was, or wasn't a trangender and were simply afraid of reporting him in case he was transgender and decided to file a lawsuit against them.

edit on 17-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is not legal to perv on women and girls. Why do people think that those laws will disappear if we let transgender people use bathrooms they identify as.

Pervs don't care about laws until they are in court/prison.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The law is not going to stop men who are not transgender using this new "government mandate" for their pervertion... The law only catches these men "after" the fact, and it might take a long while before they are caught.
edit on 17-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think youre not addressing the points given?

This allows it to occur on another level. Read the instances given above.

What would you consider leagally one sex or another? What are the prerequisites to claim one or the other?

On your drivers license?
Do you have to wear women's clothes?
Long hair?
Make up?

Whats the basic minimum you think is reasonable to allow someone access to another sex's private room?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The first one was truly bizarre because the police was never called. I'm calling that one an hoax.

As for the rest? They are sent to prisons. Why? Because we still have laws. An those people? They are not transgender people.

The issue isn't that they weren't transgendered, which you can't prove or disprove since what some "identifies" as cannot be proven, nor is the issue that since they in your mind broke the law so just send them to prison, but rather the issue is the rights of those girls were trampled on and taken advantage of and the current environment is creating more opportunity for exactly that to happen.

What some fail to understand is opening gender up to being a "declaration" is that it can't be proven either way, and it opens the door wide open for this type of thing to happen far more regularly, and it's a violation of the rights of the majority.

When gender is a declaration, the only illegal act here was "peeping" and recording girls, not that the guys were in the locker room in the first place with young girls. What that creates is a situation where you're fine with guys declaring they're a woman and throwing on a wig and changing with young girls, or watching them change and the only illegal act there is getting caught recording. They can just wear google glasses or hidden cams from now on. Problem solved for them and legally there's nothing you can do about it if they declare on every Tuesday, I'm a woman.
edit on 17-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Why don't you read what the lead author of this study has to say about it? Fact Check

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Predators don't care about laws. And besides I don't see any evidence that crimes in bathrooms will increase after you let transgender people in there.

Basically it's the same argument about black people using bathrooms back then.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The law is not going to stop men who are not transgender using this new "government mandate" for their pervertion... The law only catches these men "after" the fact, and it might take a long while before they are caught.

Have you known any person to say "I was gonna do X, but then I found out there was a law against it"?

All criminals are caught after the fact.
edit on 17-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

You really think they would not notice some strange man peeping on them? That they won't notice strange behavior? And you really think the laws have stopped them before?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

On your drivers license?
Do you have to wear women's clothes?
Long hair?
Make up?

That's been covered before. If you really want to change your gender on your birth certificate you would have to go through doctors and psychiatrists for a long time. What about those women who look like men? We've already had one guy trying to follow a woman into bathroom because he thought she was a man.

I'll let someone else more qualified to answer your questions.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So, a handful of miscreants and activists (predictably) decide to take advantage of a new law that is very clear in it's intention ... and this justifies removing rights to privacy and basic dignity to millions of Americans? (Target transgender bathrooms: US activists 'test' policy - BBC News

Well then, let's go after the real danger to children, eh? One substantiated over decades?

There is overwhelming evidence that some priests, pastors and others in religious authority regularly molest children of all sexes.

Shouldn't we close the churches because of this very prevalent and long-standing trend? "For the children?"

What rank absurdity! Of course not.

The source of all this hysteria is that some fundamentalists and some conservatives have been utterly devastated that civil rights and equal rights are being legally achieved by Americans who they consider deviant, perverted and vile. Period.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Not sure where anyone says a Transgendered person in particular will do this, rather in the articles given above, that it opens the doors to perverts to take advantage of this altruistic declaration of love and acceptance.

Do you think they wouldnt?

Just because it sounds great and open to this minority, doesnt mean its the best thing to do all things considered

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Shouldn't we close the churches because of this very prevalent and long-standing trend? "For the children?"

What rank absurdity! Of course not.

Why not?

You put forth this compelling opinion, and it begs the question; Why do YOU say that its rank absurdity?
edit on 5172016 by Butterfinger because: I cant spell

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join