It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas pastor who accused Whole Foods of gay slur on cake drops suit, apologizes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So, as I understand it, this openly gay "pastor" orders a cake from Whole foods, to have "Love Wins" placed on it. He then accuses Whole Foods (and specifically one of their bakers) of placing a gay slur on it as well. The story goes viral, lots of folks up in arms, calling for boycotts of Whole Foods. Only to later recant his story and say it was a HOAX perpetrated by him. The cake did NOT have a racial slur on it when he received it from Whole Foods. Seems he put the gay slur there (or had someone put it there for him). All to make it appear that Whole Foods was anti-gay rights? Or for $$$ to be won in a court case?
Full Story

1. This man is no "pastor"
  2. This man has no morals
  3. This man is not a "man" in the sense he must resot to lies and defamation for some ulterior motive
  4. This man has damaged the LBGT movement in many people's eyes
  5. Needs to step down as pastor, a position that demands integrity and true leadership

Apologies alone just will not cut it in this case IMO. This man needs to be punished within the confines of the law. The person he accused needs to sue him for slander, and go on record for their innocence. The LBGT movement has enough challenges in their way, they do not need more placed there by jokers such as this person.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone lying to get attention?
Ya never hear that kinda thing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yet another fake "hate crime" so people can yell "homophobe!" and accuse others of "racism."

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

religious martyrdom isn't a concept solely owned by Islam, meh

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sounds like a James O'Keefe dealie.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
His punishment should be to put his head and hands in a rack and have whole foods staff throw cream cakes at him..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

or to be forced to relinquish beliefs in mythical sky fairies who make him inclined to practice martydom .

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Whole foods should sue for slander, I personally couldn't let such a petty attempt at making a few buck go. It's the principle of it. I'd run that guy through the ringer if I had any say at the boardroom table.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I remember this one. The pastor was called on the fake because it turned out the baker who decorated the cake was gay. He would not have done that. And the words showed a different color icing over the original words.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
you have to question the basic intelligence of the people that attempt such hoaxes

and as for listening to what they tell you ,, well ............................................

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We had an owner of a gay bar in my community burn his bar down and blame it on homophobia. Turns out after the insurance / arson investigation, he did it himself. To make the story even more far fetched much like in this Whole Foods case, this is in probably one of the most liberal progressive communities in Chicago, if not the country.

Whole Foods is obviously a very progressive company as are many of their employees which instantly raised doubt about this pastor's allegations. Fortunately, Whole Foods has cameras everywhere which quickly proved the guy was full of it.

We need to start prosecuting these people to the fullest extent of the law. All these fake cases do is make it that much harder for people with legitimate grievances to be believed.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What a doofus.

Did more harm than good obviously.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Intelligence?? How about being unable to rent a house in Flint because every one is rented so people can get into a lawsuit.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And you know obviously I don't want to force atheist conversion on anyone, I said that last comment in a facetious manor, but I do think without a doubt this persons religious ideology is at work here, and it should be addressed, there are no sacred cows including science or faith. It's unfortunate this man committed this kind of fraud.

top topics

join