It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton converses with the dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Of all the things I have read about Hillary, this is the most normal and sane.

Not something I do, but I can see where a thought experiment such as that would help. Its an interesting idea, to be honest.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

This is NUTS, and I don't mean the bs about her talking to the dead, I mean the propaganda being spread by desperate people looking for any excuse to bring someone down.

She never said she "talks to the dead" in the way some fools seem to want to claim, she said that she's inspired by history, thinking about what people previously in her position would have done, considered the the people she believed were most influential in their time in that position.

A book (someone making cash out of this) then claimed that she was "talking to the dead" in a "Satanist" way in order to rile up the right-wing loons across the country.

Most people can tell the difference between someone stating that they admire the figures who came before them, and a desperate attempt to sling mud.

People, grow up, this is pathetic. You should be voting for people based on what their policies are, not on what sh*t you can find to sling at someone. This is not how adults behave.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton claimed to converse with the dead

What...before or after they were whacked?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

When did I say that I don't believe that spirits are possible?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I did not read your whole post, sorry...

"If Hillary was so lost and distraught that she sought out Houston and followed her guidance to the point of relying on imaginary advice from a dead First Lady, it shows that she is susceptible to influence. If she gets in deep as POTUS and is unable to make decisions, then goes for "guidance" to some scam artist (or more diabolical person), it could put the safety of the entire country in jeopardy. Someone could guide her actions in the guise of helping, while really controlling her. "

I have a past friend that judges me bc I believe. I think I should be judging her bc she doesn't but no one should be judging...its hateful and this issue is strong with me.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

i agree.

Hillary is a terrible choice because of her actions while serving, as well as the things she states as her thoughts on current affairs.

Now im thinking about the thought experiment that a conversation with a historical, or fictional (i love tyrion lannister as a cunning leader) person would help with.

A way to gain an outside perspective within your own mind.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Hillary Clinton claimed to converse with the dead

What...before or after they were whacked?

Ya, I wonder if she asks Vince Foster how he really died?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Oh, I have an open mind about such things. I have heard of enough real-life experiences from people I know that I do wonder about the possibilities.

I did say imaginary, because in this situation Hillary did claim to have imaginary conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt.

There are those who would take advantage of people if they are in a vulnerable state of mind.

When Hillary sought out Houston, she was reported to be going through a bad time. If someone malicious latched on to her in that state, she could be impressionable.

My original post was not to debate if it is possible to talk to the dead, but wondering if there should be concern about a potential POTUS relying on this methodology to make decisions. At the time she even gave her husband messages she claimed were from Eleanor Roosevelt.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I guess it could be an interesting experiment. As long as one does not come to believe that the person is really answering back, and they rely upon this advice.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't think that is what was happening.

I think she was having imaginary conversations, hypothetical conversations, with historical figures that she drew inspiration from. Imagine that you are facing a big decision on accepting a job across the country or staying where you are, etc. Maybe you admire the accomplishments of a man like Henry Ford, or maybe admire the mind of a John Adams. Having a hypothetical conversation with someone you have read up on well enough may help yield insights into your problem that you wouldn't have seen otherwise.

It gives you an outside, fresh perspective.

The "messages" were likely more that she gave him advice based on her own mulling over of his problem, and using the above thought tool to help guide her through and provide perspective.

In the south, they just say WWJD. Its not like you are talking to the dead...you just ask yourself "What would Jesus do if he were me" and use that to help you form a decision. For an atheist, its more like "What would Ghandi do?"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thank you for reminding me of this!

I remember when she said this, and is still funny.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Bumped for hilarity.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Bumped for hilarity.

You mean "Hillaryty." Funny how Woodward is an unimpeachable source... until he turns his eye towards the Orange One.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join