It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costs and Benefits of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
In the real world we must admit that wars are not fought without certain profits envisioned. Whether abstract: "a thousand years of peace," or "temporary advantage," wars have, historically at least, some presumed benefits. Or else why have them?

And wars have costs. Heavy human costs. Awful costs. Things that persist after a war is over.

What do you think of the war in these sorts of terms?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
One of the biggest groups to benefit from war and the defense budget is the Carlyle group, biggest American (ed: USA) investors of the defense industry, telecom, property and financial services.

They have ties from the presidents father to bin-laden family and the saud family.

Wars are good for business for their group.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One of the biggest groups to benefit from war and the defense budget is the Carlyle group, biggest American (ed: USA) investors of the defense industry, telecom, property and financial services.

They have ties from the presidents father to bin-laden family and the saud family.

Wars are good for business for their group.

Yep, the Bushes architected and profited from the Trojan Wars, the Romans' conquests in Gaul, the Crusades, the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish-American war and of course both World Wars.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but their links are not hidden from the public, and you can find files of their members.

Another thing it has been covered very well in ATS, if you care to do a good search.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
djohnsto
Bushes architected and profited from the Trojan Wars

I didn't know that!

Seriously, I agree. My family also contained old ancestors of Fascoid intent. They respected the German chemical industries. Then the war came and Hitler was revealed as crazy as Jim Jones, although that came later.

The funny thing is that the Bushes GHW and GW never seemed to actually have made any money in the oil business. They kept failing to make Texas profits. Oil profits. Not reported. No profit.

Accounting irregularities? Why, allegations of that sort are probably Communistic!

Funny schemata. The "successful businessman" who never really has a business...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ha, just as I thought. No defenders of war anywhere.

Seriously, I could list some things theoretically that Americans gain from war: Markets, security, technological advancement, etc. I could list the costs, too. Death, hatreds, more terrorism, loss of allies, etc.

Moderator? It's my thread. I request you kill it. Thanks. N

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Locked as requested.

feel free to u2u me if need be.

Asala

new topics

top topics

join