It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Live , A Fitting End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
But the show goes on.
The Simpsons have been on our screens for 27 year's now and to mark the programs longevity the creators offered up a special episode in which lucky callers could ask Homer questions live on air , the tree minute segment was at the end of the episode and proved to be as unfunny as the main show has become.
The "Simprovised" segment for those lucky enough not to have watched it.

Unfortunately the producers of The Simpsons have no intention of letting the ailing cash cow go and no doubt many more episodes of this once great but now painfully unfunny show are in the works , for shame Fox , for shame.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I agree.. Was once a great show but not so much these days.
All good things must come to an end..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sure the first 10 seasons were epic but the last few years are good as well not nearly as good as the heyday but still better than most of the crap on TV.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It had its time...I let the Simpsons go a long time ago. Much better cartoons for social commentary and entertainment. South Park and Rick and Morty are about the only two shows I watch anymore. Seasons are too short and too much time in between. Free Rick!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
To say that the show is past its prime and that it should have ceased production are two of the biggest understatements of the last decade. I realise there are millions of adoring fans that hate me for saying so, but the show is not even a mere shadow of what it once was. It's time for this once great show to cease production and maintain some dignity.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I miss Futurama, it was one of my fav shows during my college years. It was entertaining to watch and had some pretty dark humor.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
The Show has too much "Lisa", they should bump her off. Nobody likes Lisa.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

But then the show would miss out on the lucrative SJW audience.

edit on 16/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

or do we exercise the influence to create our destiny with the power of our thoughts, hmm. Nietzsche quotes are great...

and replace the Simpsons with Archer

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
or do we exercise the influence to create our destiny with the power of our thoughts, hmm. Nietzsche quotes are great...

Interesting topic to ponder, isn't it?

Make a thread on it and I will participate.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think the Simpsons are in a lot of my adolescent memories.
The show broke so many barriers and made pg13 cartoons mainstream while casually poking clean fun at American society and others.

Good riddance, let's replace the Simpsons with Rick and motry.
edit on 16-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I disagree for one simple fact they Simpsons have always been there for me as long as I can remember it debuted when I was 4 years old and it was on the Tracy Ullman show since I was two, its the last remnant of my childhood, I can ignore the glaring bald spot in the back of my head but once the Simpsons are cancelled I have to face the fact that I'm old. Btw Rick and Morty sucks

top topics

join