It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
"Why do I say it's a mental illness?
I say so because it is either physical or mental, and since it's in their heads it must be mental. They change their bodies to match what their minds are feeling

I'm sure most people understand "mental" means relating to the mind.

But, are you going to tell me that's what most people mean when they say transgender is a mental illness?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I never stated trans is a illness. In my post I simply quoted the OP between "text" said. Transgender is not a illness or unnatural by the OP statements.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ignore

edit on 20-5-2016 by CaptainHook because: accidental post

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ignore
edit on 20-5-2016 by CaptainHook because: accidental post

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I never stated trans is a illness. In my post I simply quoted the OP between "text" said. Transgender is not a illness or unnatural by the OP statements.

I never said you did.

Wanna read it again?

"I'm sure most people understand "mental" means relating to the mind.

But, are you going to tell me that's what most people mean when they say transgender is a mental illness?"

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yes, but only for insurance purposes.

Seriously though, what do you think we mean?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yes, but only for insurance purposes.

Seriously though, what do you think we mean?

We've both been on here long enough to know what is fact, and what is opinion.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee I was going to post and all about the subject but I changed my way. Not going to debate about something that is utterly pointless.

edit on 20-5-2016 by CaptainHook because: changing post

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee I was going to post and all about the subject but I changed my way. Not going to debate about something that is utterly pointless.

There are transgenders on ATS. Some speak up, some spoke up and left, some remain quiet.

Those that have spoken up have tried to intelligently and patiently educate.

They are treated abominably by many posters.

What a missed opportunity to learn and question. Sad

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"Why do I say it's a mental illness?
I say so because it is either physical or mental, and since it's in their heads it must be mental. They change their bodies to match what their minds are feeling. There is nothing wrong with a mental illness, I have one in fact, an anxiety problem. It's in the brain, therefore classified as a mental illness. I say illness because it negatively affects their lives in some way, example - having to change sexes in order to feel normal."

Stating by a person who never experienced what's like to be a transgender. You have no authority to place a diagnose over someone because you can't understand it. Back in the days homosexuality was considered a 'mental illness'. Anxiety is a condition caused by intense fear. It has 0 to do with how someone identify themselves as.

Many m2f transgenders take hormones which either reduce or prevent the production of sperm. As long as there is sperm produced it is at least theoretically conceivable that she could impregnate a genetic female.
SO yes they can get a woman pregnant.
edit on Fri May 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppaMakes sense.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
did they find a cure ITT?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

I don't believe that homosexuality is a choice or a learned behaviour. I have had gay friends all my life and never felt that way inclined. Likewise, one of my closest friends who is gay felt the exact opposite for as long as he could remember.

No - I don't feel free to link to multiple peer reviewed studies that prove otherwise. As I said, as far as *I* was aware (ie: my opinion), it was a biological change, not environmental or learned.

I have not seen any evidence to suggest being gay is a choice or learned. Nor can one pray the gay away.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
Ummm, did you even READ the OP? This was exactly what he was suggesting we develop. A way to change their gender in the womb - using gene therapy or some genetic tech - so they are born the gender they identify with. No need for costly, dangerous surgery later on.

Uhmmm, yes I did, hence my comment after his point :

Why do I say it's a mental illness? I say so because it is either physical or mental, and since it's in their heads it must be mental.

He says it's either physical or mental and then opts for mental - psychological vs physiological. And I disagree. I say it's biological -- or perhaps the biological has influenced/changed the psychological.

Hence why I said any form of "cure" (which I think is insulting) would be biological and not psychological.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You make the claim, you back it up. This is how it works. ONE is not a trend, nor two, three you can draw a straight line, but the reliability is low, etc etc etc

Show an actual trend, or stop being Maud Flanders.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think the best cure would be heavy advances in medical technology that allows for major transformations done very cheap and effective that could make even the most astute doctor not sure without doing dna testing for certain.

I reckon we are around 50 years from that point..perhaps a bit longer for F2M given the blood flow issue is a bit more complex, but soon enough anyhow

And then once that happens, we can simply remove the term trans..choose one or the other, its simple enough..if you want to be "fluid", then change accordingly year to year or whatever. what a strange and interesting time that will be.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Nobody cares anymore about this discussion, so now that the heat is out, transgender is a mental illness.

It's one thing to have fun wearing the opposite sexes clothes, I wear trousers and don't often use make up, so it's totally fine, if a guy wants to wear pretty dresses and paint his face.
But to hate yourself so much you can't look in the mirror anymore, up to the point of you don't want to live in your own body anymore is something entirely different.
And that's exactly what is happening, isn't it? Even in the most understanding open society these people have depressions and are suicidal. After their sex change they mostly still have those problems.
Sure they say it's because "others" discriminate, but that's not true. I'm an outsider. I am far from perfect. But not depressed, not suicidal and not full of hate for myself.

Transgender should be treated as what it is. Alienation, fixation and depression. A complicated disease and those who have it really suffer. But a sex change doesn't help.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Nobody cares anymore about this discussion, so now that the heat is out, transgender is a mental illness.

You're wrong.

And yes there are still people here that are going to refute your false claims.

edit on 29-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You're wrong.

They aren't false claims. Do you have an argument or just an opinion?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You're wrong.

They aren't false claims. Do you have an argument or just an opinion?

So, you come in at the end of a thread and want information?

Everything you need to know - - facts, real information is in this thread.

Read it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join