It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: OuttaHere

We can talk about "curing" it in utero all day long, but they can't even nail down detecting it in the brain after they're born - although they are working on it. So I guess that's the best answer to the OP's question.

How about my question? Would it be better to transition them before they are born or after?

Its kind of hard to paint someone you agree with as a bigot huh?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: veracity

Why do so many still kill themselves after surgery if they're "cured"?

To call it a "cure" is stretching it.
if they commit suicide its obviously bc they are depressed.

If I was made fun of everyday, fired from my job bc I was trans, forced to use the bathroom I don't identify with, rejected by my family for just simply trying to be myself, I would probably be depressed as well.

The mean spirited bible beating conservatives praising their bs also doesn't help either.

Could we find a cure for world peace? Could we convert people to love instead of hate?

That is the question we should be asking.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Why the dang hell would you want to transition a child BEFORE being born??? Are we seriously talking about this? Its impossible to even know what a child wants until he can express him/herself around age 4.

edit on 17-5-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I swear I'm arguing with a bunch of politicians. Its a simple #ing hypothetical question.

We all know that the tech to determine "brain sex" in utero isn't currently available. Duhhh

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

lofl, then why are you asking that question?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Do I get to choose what would be better? It would be better if the world was perfect, and everyone in it was born perfect, and everyone was nice to each other, and no one was ever mean to each other. And no one ever got old, or was ever sick or in pain. It would be better if we never needed doctors, or policemen, or firefighters, or politicians, or laws of any kind.

That's what would be better.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: DumpMaster

Isn't like asking for a gay cure?

As far as I was aware, transgender people are different on a biological level, same with gay people. I don't think it's a failing or fault of brain activity -- it's hardwired, innate.

quote]

Gender identity isn't something that's genetically established. It's kinda gender/sexuality 101. Gender is completely on the nurture side of things. You may hear people claim otherwise on occasion to facilitate whatever supposed truth they're trying to sell you, but there has been plenty of research on this subject. Though, to be fait, it's never actually been proven that homosexuality starts at some genetic level either. Basically, for all we know... they're both choices the individual makes. Feel free to link to multiple peer reviewed studies that prove other otherwise, but you'd be lucky to find a handful that even remotely suggest any different.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think OP hit one nail - that's that Trans Gender is getting an awful big amount of news lately.

It seems that we pick every year a group that has "minority" status and boost it up like there is no tomorrow - making laws, supporting groups etc - and I agree with some others here that most of the time the "minority" group don't even want this - they want to be left alone. Look how publicized the case Kathleen Jenner was - I don't think she was amused by that and probably was used by other people to advance their own agendas.

What's next year? Maybe people who like to be an animal?

and I am not being insulting or demeaning here but serious about how certain people take it in their own hands to make waves for others without their consent.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

This is a really good question. I expect to be absolutely excoriated and vilified for this response, but someone has to say it and since I now know, I guess it's gonna be me...

Conventional wisdom says that transitioning is the cure. And that may very well be true for some. It may also be true that the cure for many is to clean up the endocrine-disrupters and synthetic hormones from our food, water and air supply. For others, the cure would seem to be getting society to stop trying to define what a "real" man or woman is and accepting that people come in all varieties and letting people "do them" without interference or judgment. But there seems to be one segment of the transgender population who do not want a "cure" because they like the "sickness." Specifically, the heterosexual males who are sexually aroused at the thought of being a woman. They don't want to be cured... they just want to indulge their fantasies and that requires everyone else -- you and me -- to believe they are "real" women. It seems that they have hijacked and are directing the current transgender rights movement, bullying anyone and everyone who refuses to play their assigned role in this fantasy: By accepting them as "real" women.

It's generally known as "autogynephilia," and was first reported in the 80s by Ray Blanchard. Many have tried and/or claim to have debunked this idea, but those who identify as autogynephiles -- including the associated narcissism -- have kind of thrown a wrench into their "debunking" and thus proven otherwise. As some have pointed out, the theory is sound -- i.e., that they are indeed sexually aroused at the thought of being a woman and wearing and acting like a "woman" -- but they take objection to it being considered a fetish or paraphilia. And to the extent that their desires do not harm anyone else, they are correct that there is nothing wrong or bad about it. Whatever two or more consenting adults want to do is their business.

The problem is when their desires -- and narcissism -- progress to a point that others are involuntarily involved, and even harmed, when others refuse to accept them as "real" women. And because autogynephilia is considered a progressive condition -- i.e., progressing from wanting to touch women's clothing to wanting to wear women's clothing to wanting to act like a woman to wanting to be seen as a woman and to wanting to have sex as a woman -- the associated narcissism also progresses, as does narcissistic rage (and violence) when their fantasties are not fulfilled. Sometimes that rage is directed inwards and results in suicidal ideation and intentions. Other times their rage is directed towards others -- especially women, but also within the LGBT community.

It is a sad fact that much of the violence against transgenders and the LGBT community at large is perpetuated by transgenders. Despite the common meme here on ATS that it's just Christians and conservatives who have a problem with transgenders, many folks understand that not all transgenders are created equal, and that these heterosexual male transgenders are a problem. Including many feminists who rightfully resent the effort by these men to shut down any discussions or activities regarding the issues of women (who were born women), lesbians who resent and resist being told that they must have sex with these men or they are transphobes (called the "cotton ceiling"), the true intersex folks who have seen their unique health issues co-opted by those claiming to be intersex (what most know as hermaphrodites -- born with both male and female organs), and especially the homosexual transgenders/transsexuals who have completely different issues/perspectives (and who are often terrified of these transgenders, knowing their propensity for violence, and knowing they are often the victims).

I have read that female hormone therapy have benefitted some of these heterosexual transgenders and alleviated and/or eliminated their conditions. I have also read that simply blocking the male hormones -- and thus reducing their libido -- has also been effective. But I have also read that many who begin taking the hormones and/or hormone blockers stop, because they don't want to stop feeling the sexual arousal that it causes. Hence my assertion that many do not want to be cured, because they enjoy the "sickness."

Here are a few links to help explain the issues further/better:

On the Science of Changing Sex
Blanchard's transsexualism typology (Autogynephilia)
Cotton ceiling and autogynephilia
Radical feminism ("TERFs")

If you are interested and private message me, I can also provide links to show how the above mentioned groups have been bullied and threatened with violence -- including rape and death -- if they dare to defy the autogynephile's demands. (Yes, these trans "women" are threatening to rape women with their male parts... doesn't sound like any woman I know.) Not to mention the many sad experiences of "trans widows" who have been bullied and abused by their trans husbands. But many of the links are quite vulgar and violent, and probably not appropriate to post here. I have a lot going on and may not get back to you right away, but be patient and I will as soon as I can.

I am not an expert on the subject and do not claim to be, and I've only just started researching the issue. I only learned about it while trying to research the rates of childhood abuse of transgenders. The general impression I get is that there is a huge resistance to further studying this aspect and to simply push the "but they really really feel like a women" and "how dare you challenge their brain sex" etc, so it has not been studied sufficiently for any definitive answers. But it is "a thing" and needs to be addressed in the national debate and discussion.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi

It seems that we pick every year a group that has "minority" status and boost it up like there is no tomorrow

No one all of a sudden picked transgender.

A transgender 5th grade student was outed and rejected by her school, after they'd already accepted her - - - because a parent of another student objected.

That was in 2007. That was 9 years ago.

The parents/student fought for her legal equality. It made the media. Then other students had the same problem, fought back, went public, etc.

If the transgender students had just been left alone to live their life with equal treatment, this would not be what it is today.

But, NO - - holier-than-thou parents had to protect their little angels from the horrors of a transgender kid.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
nm
edit on 17-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The OP was suggesting we should develop a way to detect these variations in the brain in utero, then change their gender in the womb - using gene therapy or some genetic tech - so they are born the gender they identify with. No need for costly, dangerous surgery later on.

He was trying to be helpful, to find a way to give the trans what they need before they are even born, so that they can grow up as the gender they identify with. But nobody even read what he wrote.

Wow, you read what I wrote.
Thanks. I know I'm back again after posting that I wouldn't post again in this thread.. I just popped in to see if it was on the front page and of course it is..

" Well, to be fair, he did also say that all the stuff in the news about transgender people's rights was "annoying", and that people are being brainwashed into thinking they are transgender just cuz they like the color pink, and that he thinks the whole trans thing is like a cult. It's a little like the people who say "my best friend is gay, but being gay is stupid". So, it appears that his message was a bit contradictory. "

Yeah, I agree it is a bit contradictory, sorry about that. I started with one train of thought and finished on another it seems. At first I was a bit annoying it's all I was hearing about and trans have to be like, less than 2% of the population by my guesses, but the media talk about it so much that it seems as if it was the majority. I found hearing about it always to be annoying.

Example of annoying BS.

Baldur's Gate - an amazing classic PC RPG game - recently had an expansion for it. One of the new characters in the expansion tells you they are trans. Nobody in the game ever previously told you their sex or gender preference or anything like that, suddenly this one walks up and tells you. Why is it stupid? Well it makes no sense. In the world of Baldurs Gate there is a spell called Polymorph. Using this spell can instantly transform someone from one thing into another, human to animal, male to female, etc etc. Being trans in Baldurs Gate doesn't make sense, and is stupid. Putting it in was actually part of an SJW's agenda to be "diverse" by shoving it into somewhere it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Things like this are annoying and bother me. The SJW even admitted it and said this is why they did it and they don't care what anyone thinks. I find that very annoying.

Either way, I am all for equal rights as stated many times before, and am all for people being happy and having awesome lives.

Also just so you know, the country I live in just today signed in a new bill to guarantee that trans people are not allowed to be discriminated against, and I think that's awesome.

edit on 17-5-2016 by DumpMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
#givepubertyachance

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

If anyone cares to step back and look at the larger picture... theyll see that all of the issues, from black lives matter, gay rights, transgender and gasp even womens rights over their own body is a fight for EQUALITY. Something a little document called the Constitution is supposed to gaurantee.

Of course staying in the larger picture, there is separation of church and state or the church laws from interferring with consitutional laws. That state being either the US government or all the states United together to form those states. Thats why one side of te civil war was called the Union army... the argument of states rights when it comes to equality is due to many states political climate or belief eroding the Union has been occuring for a good while now, with some states wanting to go completely rogue leave the Union as if to become a whole other country unto itself.

Obviously those stirring such issues are the ones that taint and destory the Constitution and twist states rights, to rise the South agin' using the pander having used politics to not keep separation of church and state, and kick start anoter civil war but divisionary tactics and pandering groups to ignite into fury instead of into one solidarity as intended, regardless of race, gender, creed, or national origin.

Theres a fine video produced right here by ATS folks in the BS section called something to the effect of... The US is Not Nor Has Ever Been a Christian Nation. Theres even some nice historical documentation of George Wasington himself riding to a settlment trying to establish its government specific to Christianity and warning them if they did they should expect troops due to separation of church and state. As thats one of the major reasons the revolution occurred to get out from underneath the throne and the church... as shown all throughout history such based empires absolutely do not work even after rising to such great heights as the Roman Empire.

So tese very smart and astute fellows got togeter using all known things that did work and what didnt and drafted it up forming a democracy and constitution, of course as the country grew but communication issues were a problem... a republic was set up so that everyone could have a voice... and thus entered the corruption as soon as people decided they could rise to massive wealth and power from such a position, this is essentially why the civil war occured the balance of power between the Federal and States became at odds over the consitution and that corrupt power seeking to set up something entirely different.

Of course the peoples brought here, or migrated here, or the people already here that got the eugenics/genocide shaft... already had their cultural ideas and ways of living they were used too... no different than immigrants today. Of course when its bringing beliefs trying to change the government from its intention to a specific ideology the Constitution falls into irevelvancy... and it is of course natural to evolve and grow, and the constitution has allowed that is it is not interpreted and taken literal the same as the bill of rights. Neither need interpretation if English is a comprehensionable language.

But it preserved the rights of the individual in the right of life libery and the pursuit of happiness, and as a whole as We the People... not we the christians, not we the astrologists, not we the corporation, not we the flying spaghetti monster or any other specific group... We The People. Thats every single living breathing person of the United States of America... and if you dont agree? Theres room for that, but dont use it to say no one else is equal... for whatever bias and try to remove their life, their liberty(freedom), or whatever pursuit makes them happy... yes even its coming into government and pandering or paying... the people making up the government have sworn to the constitution to uphold and protect it, wich means looking at those people trying to manipulate and cause inequality for whatever reason and say NO as it threatens the very nation for which it stands itself from the ground up... and this house isnt built on sand, although theres been a lot of fighting in it and peoples heads buried literally and figuratively in it... instead of using much cheaper and friendly ways to help called diplomacy and building frienship and making peace.

Its not swallowing pride its called having some, to be such a great part of something regardless of belief, tat embraces all in equality. If people actually walked what their books say instead of using the difference in what tey say to smack eachother with? Then this is obviously a no brainer, and my apologies for wasting your time but my thanks for taking it.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You bigot! How dare you recognize this for what it is!?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have a cure for so called normal people.
it will turn ever one trans or gay.
I am just now sending it to gays and trans to put in the water suply.
you should get it in the water at the start of july.
you all act like bitches any way!!!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The cure for people with gender dysphoria is accessible and inexpensive: stop worrying about what other people think you should be, and be yourself - even if you're a feminine male or a masculine female.

A pattern I see in 'transgender' people is that they are overly concerned with how others perceive them. They put tremendous effort into altering their thoughts, appearance, and behavior to match their own idea of gender stereotypes.

Surgery and hormone blockers are not the answer.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Out of curiosity what is this "cure"?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

A pattern I see in 'transgender' people is that they are overly concerned with how others perceive them.

I don't think so.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Hard to argue with that rebuttal!

/s

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join