It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 48-Hour Fast and Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
PROBLEM:
I had anxiety, palpitations, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), weird blood pressure, brain fog, dizziness, some twitching, depression (nothing was FUN), and worst of all I always felt short of breath. This has been going on for over 2 years.

THEORY:
I suspected a combination of: overeating, candida, mild sepsis/leaky gut... i felt my body was being starved of oxygen from bad bacteria.

EXPERIMENT:
My 48-hour fast:
-Water (sip only, no chugging)
-V-8 (regular=celery,beets,salt...1 glass when hungry)
-Dark Chocolate (1/2 big bar over 2 days)
-Watermelon (1/4 watermelon over 2 days
-Magnesium (4 tablets over 2 days)
-Fish Oil (2 capsules over 2 days)
-CoQ10 (4 capsules over 2 days)
-Cinnamon (2 capsules over 2 days)

RESULT:
Feel AWESOME. I can breathe again, heart rate good again, no anxiety, feel totally positive, I could run a mile and not die now!! 

I am NOT a doctor, however I recommend this highly if you're having any of these issues and are bold enough to try.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

"Once when the Buddha was touring in the region of Kasi together with a large Sangha of monks he addressed them saying: 'I, monks, do not eat a meal in the evening. Not eating a meal in the evening I, monks, am aware of good health and of being without illness and of buoyancy and strength and living in comfort. Come, do you too, monks, not eat a meal in the evening. Not eating a meal in the evening you too, monks, will be aware of good health and..... and living in comfort."

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

interesting, so what are you eating now?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So..once you fast for 2 days, what do you do next?

Eat normally, binge, fast again? Sounds like you had positive results although would not recomend without medical advice and plenty of research.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is a very interesting show I watched on this subject.
www.pbs.org...

If you have the time to watch it, it's really informative and entertaining. You get the medical aspect, plus the mental and physical strains associated with this. I am not sure I could go through with this, as I get cranky when I miss two meals.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

So..once you fast for 2 days, what do you do next? Eat normally, binge, fast again? Sounds like you had positive results although would not recomend without medical advice and plenty of research.

See my second post! Simple as that!

Plus this is not medical advice really, it's nutritional advice, and I'm not advising triple cheeseburgers and gummi bears.

edit on 16-5-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: to many choices

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

interesting, so what are you eating now?

Sorry, I almost missed your post.

After my 48 hours which went from noon friday to noon sunday, I cooked chicken fried rice (w/onion,garlic,carrot,peas,egg)..and I had an aloe drink for dinner and a couple of dark chocolate squares.

Today, Monday, I had the rest of my rice for lunch... tonight, another small liquid dinner and I am going to cook steak,potatoes and spinach and save for lunch tomorrow.

All week will be only liquids for breakfast and supper, but no sodas!

edit on 16-5-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typr

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

do you get cranky?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

do you get cranky?

I didn't experience the crankiness that some people get when trying to control their eating habits...

However, any crankiness COULD be a result of candida die-off... saturday morning I woke up with a terrible headache, which I attributed to poor oxygen levels due to all the dying bacteria which no longer had tons of food to thrive on. It was a sick, parasitic situation for sure. I feel like a teenager again at 42!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

im gonna try it..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

im gonna try it.

Awesome! Keep us posted on the results...
Do you care to mention what your symptoms are?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The shortness of breath usually means you were eating something you were intolerant to. Could be from plant defense chemistry or additives in prepared foods that utilizes the chemistry of plants or microbes to preserve it. This could be natural or manmade.

Identify what chemistry you were intolerant to. space things like tomato consumption and banana consumption about three days apart. The plant defense chemistry of those two is pretty strong. eat things in cycles, do not pay too much attention to recommendations they are making today, talk to one of your old relatives and discuss what they do....that is if they are healthy.

A three day fast does work, it helps to balance out your ability to take from reserves too. The problem is that there are a lot of chemicals that couldn't be detoxed contained in some fats, put there from years of abuse to your body till the liver could get to them and purify them. During a fast, the liver is not being poisoned or overworked so it can fix a few things. Best to fast for a couple of days every three to six months.
edit on 16-5-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Best to fast for a couple of days every three to six months.

I totally agree...
After trying all kinds of supplements, breathing techniques, meditation, etc. this is only thing that has had such a powerful impact. I feel great and I will definitely try not to take this for granted.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I used to fast every summer just eating field berries and drinking water . Usually 2 weeks and things change quite a bit to a better place .The first few days are a challenge but after about day 4 its smooth sailing .

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just posted about fasting elsewhere on here.
I must recommend this book which explains how to do it, what happens to you during a fast, and why it is so amazing. It is a natural healing which takes place. The enzymes in your digestion system when no food is present, after 24 hours, simply go around your body and detoxify stored toxins and dead cells. It is so darned easy, I don't understand why more people don't know about it.

www.amazon.com...

Well done on completing your fast. It is a profound experience. I found my diet changed dramatically after doing a 3 day fast. And for anyone who is worried, you can fast for at least 7 days and it is safe. To start with though you must go for at least 24 hours, to clear system first, then another 24 to benefit from the detoxing process.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Grats to you. Was hoping the thread had more tips as I fast once and a while, always looking for more breaking info on it.

Fasting can involve not eating after 8 or 9 at night, until noon the next day.

Overnight fasting — how long you go without eating from your last meal (or midnight snack) of one day and your first of the next — can have a big, and positive, impact on your health. Long periods overnight without food reduce your risk of cancer and diabetes.

That's the conclusion of University of California, San Diego School of Medicine researchers who looked at the impact the timing of eating and fasting had on breast cancer risk. Previous research has shown that diabetes is a risk factor for several types of cancers and that women with type 2 diabetes have a 23% higher risk of developing breast cancer and a 38% higher risk of dying from breast cancer than their peers. This was an effort to understand that relationship better.

One source on it

For a three day fast,recent studies have shown that it resets the immune system

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Fasting is a very interesting subject. Regarding the above posters information on overnight fasting, I myself have stopped eating breakfast which essentially brings me into this category. I've been doing this for 6 weeks and I can safely say I have lost weight, I am less agro, I eat less through the day as I have no cravings what so ever and further to that I eat healthier. In fact skipping breakfast everyday is probably one of the first positive steps anybody can do to drastically improve their health and wellbeing.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good common sense right here.... I'm on day 3 of no dinner, and I feel great!

#1) You will lose weight.
#2) You won’t have to worry about gaining that weight back.
#3) You won’t have to worry about boosts in cholesterol or triglycerides.
#4) You won’t have to worry about blood pressure increases.
#5) You won’t have to worry about blood-sugar spikes.
#6) You will save money!
#7) Your schedule will be more open (since you’ll be spending less time eating).
#8) You will be able to more enjoy socializing with friends and family with a beverage and focus on the conversation instead of the food (this goes for when your friends are eating and it isn’t your mealtime).
#9) You will feel less sluggish after your meal.
#10) You won’t have to stress about consuming “bad” foods.
#11) You will maximize concentration, mental clarity, and focus (sometimes called “hunger high”).
#12) You will stop thinking about food when it’s not time to eat.
#13) You will destroy psychological cravings and indiscriminate munching and snacking (the snacking is what makes you fat).
#14) You will stop binging.
#15) You will beat irritable bowel syndrome and intestinal unrest.
#16) You will be less sick and common illnesses will have a reduced impact on your body.
#17) You will learn to be productive on an empty stomach instead of on a full stomach (and you’ll generally be more productive all-round).
#18) Your food will taste better!
#19) You will eventually make and enjoy healthier eating choices.
#20) People will respect your level of self-control.

edit on 18-5-2016 by DeReK DaRkLy because: append

top topics

join